Del Harris retiring/ R. Brown=player development?

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
The venerable coaching career of Del Harris will end shortly with the announcement of his retirement after 50 years, according to a league source.

Harris turns 72 next month. His departure creates a vacancy on Vinny Del Negro's coaching staff, which could be filled by holdover Pete Myers or another candidate.

League sources said former Bulls guard and current Sacramento Kings assistant Randy Brown interviewed with Del Negro here at this week's NBA predraft camp, although indications are Brown could be hired in a player development role rather than coaching.

Myers, whose contract ends after June, had been relegated to a behind-the-bench role with little input last season. Still, sources indicate Myers remains in good standing with the organization and that attempts to have Del Negro expand his role could be made.

Harris' departure is expected to make Bernie Bickerstaff Del Negro's lead assistant.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-31-bulls-del-harris-may31,0,3776115.story

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Outside of slapping Gordon on the butt after he made a big play, it didn't seem like Del Harris really enjoyed being on the bench for us.

Reinsdorf was mad that Harris wasn't really helping out. And I didn't Sam Smith say that Del Harris designed our defense (which was pathetic).

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Im not sure, but since Reinsdorf kept on saying there would be changes on defense he must of had some part in it. I thought Bob Ospika designed it though

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Del Harris couldn't take Shaq & Kobe to the Finals. Plus he's old and he was half asleep on the sidelines anyway.

I always liked Randy Brown. He was one of those scrappy players that really got in players faces on defense. And he really needs a job. He auctioned off his championship rings for some extra cash.

I would suggest Bill Cartwright. We need a big man coach. It's been obvious for years and last year Mike Brown did a decent job. I didn't understand why there wasn't a bigs coach this year, but I think Cartwright could solve that problem.