Del Negro Isn't Happy With Bulls' Defense

cool007

Liked Posts:
Del Negro Isn't Happy With Bulls' Defense

DelNegro_Vinny_chi.jpg

Chicago coach Vinny Del Negro isn't happy with the way his team has played defense as of late.

"We definitely do" need to shore up the defense, Del Negro said on Monday. "We switched coverages. We did different things. We made some adjustments. We have to get back to controlling the game from a points standpoint."

fola

Liked Posts:
this is my bigggest problem with him. as presently constituted, in order for us to be real contenders, we have to be among the best teams in the league in defense (like the skiles years).. if anything (imo) we've been on a backslide since the beginning of the season.

cool007

Liked Posts:
This is news to Negro??? Bulls have been pathetic on defense ALL YEAR LONG. This is not something new or happening in the last 2-5 games.

I hope Pax really looks deep regarding this issue and either hire a really good defensive coach (assistant) or a head coach that can teach at both ends of the floor.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
And I'm not happy with your coaching Vinny.

JStuNNa

Liked Posts:
Did anyone notice how the defense picked up at the start of the 2nd half against Indiana last Saturday? It was great for the first 6 minutes. That's how it used to be all game for the Bulls under the Skiles.

Defense is something you have to buy into as a player. For some reason Vinny hasn't gotten these Bulls players to but into playing hard on that end of the floor for an entire game.

ZombieKevie

Liked Posts:
he's finaly noticing that the defense needs some work... and he calls himself mr manager.

we have no interior d, yeah noah and thomas can get blocks, but they're both best at help defense, so two can only guard 1 big man... rose is terrible still, we have gordan guarding kobe, and salmons and deng are about the same, good but not great. hinrich is good not great. miller is slow but a big body to clog the lane.

and has anyone else noticed gordan has really stepped it up on defense this year, i really like it. i went from a hinrich fan to a gordan fan in these few months.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Del Negro maybe you should realize its your crappy defensive scheme.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Wow, Vinny and I have something in common. I'm not happy with the defense either lol.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I think Vinny has been working on improving the offense and the defense all year. They just bring up quotes like this when there is a problem.

98% of what these guys say (coaches and players) is just throwaway garbage and precanned answers to the same questions that are asked everytime they talk to someone.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
No shit Vinny's not happy with the defense. Articles like this tell you you're in the dog days of the season.

dynastyVI

Liked Posts:
True indeed. Then again, Vinny isn't much of a defensive schemer.