Deon Bush resigned

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
Well, you cant always run to free agency fix shit. At some point somebody from in-house just gotta step the hell up. Luckily, strong safety is the best position to choose if your forced to hide a guy.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
For some reason, I’ve always been a bit partial to liking Bush.
Glad he is back.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remember when we told you all that this is what would happen if we paid a backup QB handsomely?

Well this is what's happening.

Did you also have them spending 9 million on a washed TE and a 30 million dollar pass rusher?

There was way more money available than any of us thought. I am just surprised where it went.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
He played really well during the pre-season. So well, that they even let him start a few series the 1st game against the Packers. Gave up a deep throw on playaction. Then gave up a touchdown to Jimmy Graham. Pagano got pulled him, and we never seen him again. Lol.
Now Bush can practice against Graham. Problem solved.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Was really hoping we'd bring him back and want McManis back as well but i want D.Bush as our backup SS not the starter even though i'm not totally against it if that's what it came down to. I've made it very clear that Tony Jefferson is my top guy to start at SS but gonna be hard to afford him. He was also cut by Balt so it wouldn't hurt us in comp picks but i can't see him getting to a number that we can afford unless he sits out there too long and decides to sign a one year prove it deal for at most $5 mil. I think he gets around $8-$9 or so. I think he was owed like $11 mil if Balt kept him.

Either way i think they still bring in competition for Bush at SS with a cheap vet in free agency or in the draft. Obviously they have to cause we have nobody as of now besides Bush and Jackson.
I still think trying McManis at Safety is a good idea. Tons of experience threading through coverage on ST, not afraid of contact, good tackler, has good ball skills, not good enough to play CB, but certainly good enough to play Safety, has Safety size.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I still trying McManis at Safety is a good idea. Tons of experience threading through coverage on ST, not afraid of contact, good tackler, has good ball skills, not good enough to play CB, but certainly good enough to play Safety, has Safety size.

There was talk last year that they were gonna try him at Safety and he's great on ST so i'd really like to bring him back. I think he could play Safety better than CB for sure.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Personally, I'm way more concerned about RG than SS. It's huge hole for a unit that was terrible last year.
I'm assuming Bears are going to get a top RG in FA. Why would the leave the worst aspect of last years team (the OL) untouched?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Did you also have them spending 9 million on a washed TE and a 30 million dollar pass rusher?

There was way more money available than any of us thought. I am just surprised where it went.

Fuck all you do is cry now.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I'm assuming Bears are going to get a top RG in FA. Why would the leave the worst aspect of last years team (the OL) untouched?

Good question! There is obviously the draft but it's a big risk to solely depend on a rookie.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I mean the pass rusher money was going to Floyd or someone else.. so that should have been expected. Hell I think most expected them to pay Floyd 13.

To everyone saying the JG signing is horrible... is the Greg Olsen signing for 1m less also horrible?

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I know he can't be relied upon but I still have a hope Stephen Denmark becomes a player. He definitely has S size but with CB speed. It also looked like he was a good tackler.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I mean the pass rusher money was going to Floyd or someone else.. so that should have been expected. Hell I think most expected them to pay Floyd 13.

To everyone saying the JG signing is horrible... is the Greg Olsen signing for 1m less also horrible?

No, it's not horrible, because he played for the bears 10 years ago. Jimmy Graham is a traitor and played for the packers /s

Seriously, the only TE's available after we lost out on Hooper were Olsen, Ebron, Graham, Delanie Walker, Jordan Reed, and Tyler Eifert.

Ebron has injury concerns. So does Eifert, Reed, Walker, Olsen.

So, who's the only TE without them? Graham. They obviously wanted someone who can be decently productive and stay on the field.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No, it's not horrible, because he played for the bears 10 years ago. Jimmy Graham is a traitor and played for the packers /s

Seriously, the only TE's available after we lost out on Hooper were Olsen, Ebron, Graham, Delanie Walker, Jordan Reed, and Tyler Eifert.

Ebron has injury concerns. So does Eifert, Reed, Walker, Olsen.

So, who's the only TE without them? Graham. They obviously wanted someone who can be decently productive and stay on the field.

Olsen was signed before Hooper but when you post the list of Te's that were available it does make the Graham signing a little better for me. I'm a big D.Walker fan but he's like 35 and does get injured, Eifert not only gets injured but his injuries are usually serious ones that keep him out for half the year if not the full year, J.Reed is so damn talented but he's just like Eifert with his serious injuries and Ebron is always getting injuries and has a serious case of dropped balls.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Good question! There is obviously the draft but it's a big risk to solely depend on a rookie.
That is absolutely correct.

Pace must sign a very good RG in Free Agency. And an alternative to Leno.

Not doing so would be malpractice.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
That is absolutely correct.

Pace must sign a very good RG in Free Agency. And an alternative to Leno.

Not doing so would be malpractice.

I don't disagree. But it doesn't sound like they have the cap space. They still need a RG, SS, starting corning opposite Fuller, speed WR, swing tackle, LB depth...and appear to currently be over the cap.