onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You’ll have to look at the opponents and their defense to prove that he took off. Most of the Off-season, Buffalo fans were arguing if he was the guy. Sound familiar? Not to mention he was awful in that playoff loss to Houston as his misses late arguably lost them the Game.
I recall he was slaying bottom tier defenses and not showing up against the reputable teams. The Diggs trade was huge for them. Allen practically became an top tier QB based off that move. He still had his struggles against NE and I believe KC that year. But he was a MVP candidate in 2020.

I never saw the hype coming out of college. But he was coached well, plus it appears that they haven't missed a beat with Dorsey as the OC

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I recall he was slaying bottom tier defenses and not showing up against the reputable teams. The Diggs trade was huge for them. Allen practically became an top tier QB based off that move. He still had his struggles against NE and I believe KC that year. But he was a MVP candidate in 2020.

I never saw the hype coming out of college. But he was coached well, plus it appears that they haven't missed a beat with Dorsey as the OC

Fields following Allen's ascension is basically my only hope. Hell of a job by Buffalo and Josh himself.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
did he really say that?
It's week 2 -to compare young qbs....

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
He threw the pick in garbage time. Had he threw for a TD, it still would have been garbage time. In other words, that entire drive didn't really mean much.
I’m just saying that was a mistake and could have and should have prevented it.

He made a great move through the pocket and then had the play to make.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He missed EQ for td,

Correction, he missed throwing to EQ for an interception. If he throws the ball to where EQ will be the Safety who's doing his job and covering sideline to sideline comes over and catches it.
This is basic defense anyone who claims to be a Bears fan should know. I mean even I fucking know it because I've seen Bears safeties get burnt freelancing too often and Bears safeties make that pick.
For that pass to work the safety either has to come out of position and cover someone else or EQ has to get beyond the safety.

Maybe, just maybe if Fields has more experience and EQ was a better WR Fields could throw to the sideline where the Safety probably won't get to before the WR and the WR who's better than EQ can then see where the ball is going and adjust his route for yet another time and make the catch.
But no, he did not miss that. More likely he learned from his past mistakes and saw the Safety ready to make the pick if he threw it.

Safety
.................................EQ
...............................D

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The thing that frustrates me is that Hurts was trash as a passer in college. He wasn't even that great of a runner. Just bigger and harder to bring down. I thought he would be easily figured out in the NFL because he was limited as a thrower. But I was wrong. He somehow seems to be better suited in the NFL.

I think Bear's fans just need to hang in there for now. Justin was a much better player in college than Hurts. He may not be as big, but is faster and and more agile. Also, Justin was a more prolific passer than Hurts when comparing in college. The staff just needs to learn how to help him the best they can until we can get some reinforcements in.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Correction, he missed throwing to EQ for an interception. If he throws the ball to where EQ will be the Safety who's doing his job and covering sideline to sideline comes over and catches it.
This is basic defense anyone who claims to be a Bears fan should know. I mean even I fucking know it because I've seen Bears safeties get burnt freelancing too often and Bears safeties make that pick.
For that pass to work the safety either has to come out of position and cover someone else or EQ has to get beyond the safety.

Maybe, just maybe if Fields has more experience and EQ was a better WR Fields could throw to the sideline where the Safety probably won't get to before the WR and the WR who's better than EQ can then see where the ball is going and adjust his route for yet another time and make the catch.
But no, he did not miss that. More likely he learned from his past mistakes and saw the Safety ready to make the pick if he threw it.

Safety
.................................EQ
...............................D
True but there was another play on 3rd and 9 and dumped it short for fourth down. He was wide open and he even looked right at him.

Insidiuz

Liked Posts:
Actually it's depressing how much better every starting QB is compared to Fields. I have seen maybe 15 games this year and Fields has struggled more than anyone. Even Trubisky has not looked as bad.

Are the Bears just cursed?
Well, he certainly outplayed Kurt Cousins this week, so at least there’s that ??‍♂️

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Actually it's depressing how much better every starting QB is compared to Fields. I have seen maybe 15 games this year and Fields has struggled more than anyone. Even Trubisky has not looked as bad.

Are the Bears just cursed?

15 games in two weeks?!?!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
There was maybe one poster on CCS who thought he was good. There were legit "would you trade Trubisky for Allen" threads.

I remember one poster writing a scouting report on Pat Mahomes. Think he had said his ceiling was a HOFer. Compared some of his skills to a younger non fat Big Ben. Didnt give a lazy black qb comparison to another black QB.. Nothing like NFL dot coms Fields Comparison of Dak.. i thinkit was the bear they call me at times.. aussie.... idk y that bear doesnt come back and invest that kind of energy in footbaw talk..

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It might be a silver lining that a stinker like this happened early. Hopefully gets Getsy to really committ to doing what Fields and this Bears tean is good at rather than all this shotgun shit.

Bears actually had 3 WRs in on that 4th and inches shotgun play. Trying to outsmart them instead of trusting the OL that had Monty running wild.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Threads like this are so incredibly dumb. Maybe Fields will suck but making these proclamations right now are ridiculous. Fields reminds me of Steve Young and Josh Allen. Look at how these guys started out and how they improved as they gained experience and played with more talent.

Fields hasn’t started a full NFL season and is in his 2nd offense in two years. He has two starts in said offense. The Bears are 1-1 and Fields was the primary reason they won the first game.

By the way, how does the great Russell Wilson look in his new offense two games in?

A little patience, knowledge of the game, and context can be your friend if you can see the bigger picture through your tears.

Last edited:

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
This is hurts 3rd season and he wasn't good until now. He got progressively better his first two years, but it's not a good comparison yet.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One of the best olines in the league, AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Dallas Goedert, a good playcaller. They generally lean really heavily on the run. ??? Hmmmmm, I can't figure it out...

It only took until week 2 to get to the "I wish this guy was our quarterback" whiny posts. ?

Sorry but I’ve been told by CCS we can’t do that now…. Fields needs to throw it 30+ times a game. ?‍♂️

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is hurts 3rd season and he wasn't good until now. He got progressively better his first two years, but it's not a good comparison yet.

He’s gotten better obviously but he was putting up some decent games almost immediately his rookie season.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He’s gotten better obviously but he was putting up some decent games almost immediately his rookie season.
What were these decent games? He looked like Fields did his rookie year