Depressing how much better Hurts is than Fields

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Actually it's depressing how much better every starting QB is compared to Fields. I have seen maybe 15 games this year and Fields has struggled more than anyone. Even Trubisky has not looked as bad.

Are the Bears just cursed?

Before he transferred to Oklahoma, Hurts played for Nick Saban at Alabama. He is one of three starting quarterbacks in the NFL to play for Saban & the Tide.

Bryce Young, anyone?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s depressing bears are only team in the nfl that has a guard rotation lol
Big mistake. Leave Teven there. Patrick can snap again when he's able. Patrick was the lead blocker on the 6" td play. Teven would likely have gotten more push.

Fields is currently slow with his reads and decisions. Mooney has been available at times but is not getting the ball. Fields pocket presence/overall awareness is lacking right now. Yes, he could have more to work with but it's clearly not just that.

It's early but it's also a bit discouraging right now.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Hurts wants to run. He wants to play to to that strength. Even if it doesn’t make him a traditional pocket passer. Which to many is the most desired type of QB. A lot of people see runners as almost gimmicky players who are risking injury. I think Fields coming into the league had this mindset. I’m a pocket passer. I even remember a lot of people championing that narrative. And it was sort of like “You don’t know anything about Fields. He’s a traditional QB. He’s not a scrambler.“ Fields even said it himself. I think he does it now because he figured out he has to. He’s not good enough to just be a pocket passer. But I think in the back of his mind he still is a pocket passer. And he runs because that’s what the coaches want. And while he’s athletic he’s not really a natural scrambler or runner or whatever.

IDK what I’m saying. I guess what I’m getting at is Hurts knows what he is and gets the most out of it. Even if it feels like there is a ceiling with how he plays. Fields either doesn’t know what he is or thinks he’s something he’s not. I don’t think he wants to run. I think he thinks he’s a traditional pocket passer and it’s almost beneath him to be this gimmicky runner type of QB. There has been so much struggle early in his career though that he reluctantly has turned into that guy. And I’m sure the staff is telling him to run. And he just wants to succeed so he does it.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What were these decent games? He looked like Fields did his rookie year
He had two 300+ yard games out of 4 starts. One was a 3TD 0 pick 1 rush TD performance.

So I’m not buying the he looked like Fields his rookie year comment. There certainly were rookie low moments. But the high points were higher if that makes sense.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Point is that he improved with a pretty shit WR core and then they added Diggs.
Beasley was hardly shitty. And the reason why Allen improved so much is they went to the short game. Beasley was a tgt/rec machine for not much yardage in 2019-20

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He had two 300+ yard games out of 4 starts. One was a 3TD 0 pick 1 rush TD performance.

So I’m not buying the he looked like Fields his rookie year comment. There certainly were rookie low moments. But the high points were higher if that makes sense.
So the bar is 300 yards passing?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
True but there was another play on 3rd and 9 and dumped it short for fourth down. He was wide open and he even looked right at him.

This one?
I could see Fields with more experience going for it but Fields in his 2nd year had a win on that one if he see's EQ signal that he changed his route and then looks for the safety before throwing it. He has been picked like that before (maybe even this year).
It's a process and he is only 2 games into his 2nd year with a new offense.

It could've worked for a TD but it wasn't as sure of a thing as some are making it out to be.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Big mistake. Leave Teven there. Patrick can snap again when he's able. Patrick was the lead blocker on the 6" td play. Teven would likely have gotten more push.

Fields is currently slow with his reads and decisions. Mooney has been available at times but is not getting the ball. Fields pocket presence/overall awareness is lacking right now. Yes, he could have more to work with but it's clearly not just that.

It's early but it's also a bit discouraging right now.
It’s a really weird situation. It’s like they don’t want Jenkins to work out and I don’t get it. If Jenkins wasn’t doing well at g I would have been tempted to move him back to rt idc what their pro type tackle is for this system cause borom stinks. But Jenkins is doing ok at g why mess with it ?‍♂️

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I recall he was slaying bottom tier defenses and not showing up against the reputable teams. The Diggs trade was huge for them. Allen practically became an top tier QB based off that move. He still had his struggles against NE and I believe KC that year. But he was a MVP candidate in 2020.

I never saw the hype coming out of college. But he was coached well, plus it appears that they haven't missed a beat with Dorsey as the OC

Allen still had a pretty big step forward in production in year 2 before Diggs was there, his rookie year he had 52.8% 10TD 12INT and 8 rushing TDs compared to 58.8% 20TD, 9INT and 9 rushing TDs in year 2.

But yes he took off year 3. Its goes to show you need all the pieces to have a top offense.

If fields ends the year with 2:1 TD/INT ratio an increase is his comp% I think most fans would feel al lot better about the situation, and next year we have lots of cap space to build around him if he looks like the guy..

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Allen still had a pretty big step forward in production in year 2 before Diggs was there, his rookie year he had 52.8% 10TD 12INT and 8 rushing TDs compared to 58.8% 20TD, 9INT and 9 rushing TDs in year 2.

But yes he took off year 3. Its goes to show you need all the pieces to have a top offense.

If fields ends the year with 2:1 TD/INT ratio an increase is his comp% I think most fans would feel al lot better about the situation, and next year we have lots of cap space to build around him if he looks like the guy..

Not just if he looks like the guy. We need it for the next guy too or we're condemning him to also fail.
A bad oline and bad WRs isn't going to help no matter who the QB is.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Actually it's depressing how much better every starting QB is compared to Fields. I have seen maybe 15 games this year and Fields has struggled more than anyone. Even Trubisky has not looked as bad.

Makes me wish Justin was drafted by a team that didn’t make him learn a new offense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There was maybe one poster on CCS who thought he was good. There were legit "would you trade Trubisky for Allen" threads.
I remember some schlub Twitter guy said the Bears should draft him. Our QB evaluators who post here said that idea was dumb.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Bears have not prioritized the Oline since the mid 80s, and it shows…
Tait-Brown-Olin-Garza-Miller

Now if you’re arguing because only one was drafted by the Bears, ok…?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not just if he looks like the guy. We need it for the next guy too or we're condemning him to also fail.
I think that a lot of people are over-reacting to Fields. Clearly this is a rebuilding team. And clearly they want to keep his butt from being killed. They are keeping two tight ends in. Its ugly but face it. The Bear's defense got man handled by the Packers...BUT despite all of the bad things, the Bears were one terrible non touchdown call from having a chance to win that game with half of the 4th quarter yet to play in the game. You do know that they opened the season playing two good play-off teams, right?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I think that a lot of people are over-reacting to Fields. Clearly this is a rebuilding team. And clearly they want to keep his butt from being killed. They are keeping two tight ends in. Its ugly but face it. The Bear's defense got man handled by the Packers...BUT despite all of the bad things, the Bears were one terrible non touchdown call from having a chance to win that game with half of the 4th quarter yet to play in the game. You do know that they opened the season playing two good play-off teams, right?

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have ever said. Try thinking longer than a couple days ago.
Of course the defense gets manhandled

Bears haven't tried having an offense short of 3 years after getting Cutler for years, if not decades. And now the NFL has changed the rules because they don't want games ending with scores of 3-0, which magically coincides with the last time the Bears actually had a winning team.

If you want to win get offensive talent. If you want to continue being as bad as the Browns have ever been carry on.
If you're going to continue doing what doesn't work you may as well keep Fields, or Trubisky, or Grossman, or Cade McNown. The results are going to be the same no matter who you put in at QB if you're not going to have an oline to protect and WRs to catch.

And to make it worse, now we have the philosophy that great RBs aren't worth it so we can't even score that way and let the defense focus even more on the QB.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Dude everyone competent and older or not delusional told you the Bears put no weapons around him and the o-line was going to be an “adventure to progress” at best.

I’d love to see what Brady would do, but even that isn’t fair to Fields because he hasn’t even learned the position yet and we are asking him to do the impossible.

The running backs are a decent stable. That’s the only thing other than Fields raw athleticism this offense has going for it.

Even Getsy slipped up and I think he will be good eventually. Fields is fine long term,

The supposedly smart guy in the room chose to protect him long term over trying to force a fantasy season(and we be calling him tard for it.)

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#1 wide-outs can’t be covered in this leagues new rules.

We need a zebra and a Fox(Mooney) to go with a bunch of adequate #3’s that each have a situational specialty.

(Edit: and move Mooney all over the place)

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk