Deshaun Watson officially requests trade!

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
1) The Bears don't have the assets to compete in the Watson trade market as Windy and others have pointed out.
2) Watson is in full control of his destination with his NTC and is likely still salty about the draft.
3) If the Bears gave up their next 3 drafts for Watson they would turn themselves into the 2020 Texans with no hope.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s up to him where he goes not what they give up for him.

I think the west coast is where he ends up. Not sure why, just a hunch

Tier 1 San Fran, Denver, Pats, Jets, Indy(I think Goff is safe in L.A. but idk, Carr is good but is Gruden impatient?)
Tier 2 L.A.R., Vegas, Chicago (are one of a handful of teams that pissed Watson off, he remembers we didn't interview, etc)
Tier 3 Jax, MN, Miami(can give back Tua might entice), Tampa (brady retire?), N.O., Atlanta, Philly

The bears belong in the tier 1 but I don't think the reasons to come here line up beyond his animosity.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
1) The Bears don't have the assets to compete in the Watson trade market as Windy and others have pointed out.
2) Watson is in full control of his destination with his NTC and is likely still salty about the draft.
3) If the Bears gave up their next 3 drafts for Watson they would turn themselves into the 2020 Texans with no hope.

Your first point does not matter because of your second point. Now, your second point could be correct that he doesn't want to come to Chicago.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
On ESPN Greeny had an interesting 3 way trade between Texas, Chicago and Miami. On a high level it looked like:

Miami - Gets Watson, gives 3rd overall + some later picks
Chicago, Gets Tua, gives 20th + some later picks
Texas - Gets #3, #20 and the aforementioned 'later picks'.

Seems decent. I'm not a Tua fan, but he did have flashes as a rookie and was the 5th overall pick.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why would Houston want a banged up 33 year old QB. They are in a total rebuild

This.

Dude wants to win.
On ESPN Greeny had an interesting 3 way trade between Texas, Chicago and Miami. On a high level it looked like:

Miami - Gets Watson, gives 3rd overall + some later picks
Chicago, Gets Tua, gives 20th + some later picks
Texas - Gets #3, #20 and the aforementioned 'later picks'.

Seems decent. I'm not a Tua fan, but he did have flashes as a rookie and was the 5th overall pick.

I think I have posted this exact trade on here about a dozen times since the Watson rumors started up.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Your first point does not matter because of your second point. Now, your second point could be correct that he doesn't want to come to Chicago.
That's what I'm saying. If Watson wants to burn the Texans and he has forgiveness for racist ryan pace, he could go to the bears for a ham sammie

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Texans fans down here are losing their minds lol

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The jet’s have enough cap space to work out a long term deal with him. He’ll be a Jet and jet’s shop their pick. Instant contenders in that division with a decent draft.

there’s no way they trade in the division, colts are a no.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The jet’s have enough cap space to work out a long term deal with him. He’ll be a Jet and jet’s shop their pick. Instant contenders in that division with a decent draft.

there’s no way they trade in the division, colts are a no.
The Jets just said that Sam Darnold will be their starting quarterback in 2021

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That's what I'm saying. If Watson wants to burn the Texans and he has forgiveness for racist ryan pace, he could go to the bears for a ham sammie

Would Champ Kelly be in the position he’s in as one of Ryan Pace’s right hand guys if Pace were racist?

Your racism accusations are annoying af. You should stop.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Just think how bad and incompetent of a team you have to be to trade DeShawn Watson. It means you are so terrible everywhere else and are so far away from being competitive you are willing to trade away one of the top 5 young QBs in the league.

I think in order to even be in position to get Watson, we would have to manufacture a trade with another team just to get into the top 10. Then we can see what type of assets we have left to make the trade.

If it was a year or two ago I would be all in. But after watching our defense get ran all over the 2nd half of the season, I'm not sure we are in a position to give up valuable pieces on the defense to get Watson. I think the final bidder could end up giving up something equivalent to 5x 1st round picks if not more. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I've heard crazier proposals on national sports radio.