Deshaun Watson officially requests trade!

46plank

Liked Posts:
Bears will draft OT in the first. Watson will not be a Bear, and they will maybe draft a guy, sign a UFA, and go with Foles as starter next year. Hope I’m wrong, but I’ve been a Bears fan for too long, so it’s hard to see them do anything worthwhile. If all my predictions come true, they will go 6-10 next year.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Bears will draft OT in the first. Watson will not be a Bear, and they will maybe draft a guy, sign a UFA, and go with Foles as starter next year. Hope I’m wrong, but I’ve been a Bears fan for too long, so it’s hard to see them do anything worthwhile. If all my predictions come true, they will go 6-10 next year.

you would think it's a tank year, but the jobs of Pace and Nagy ride on the outcome of the season. should be interesting.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Watson has a no trade clause. He can veto any trade he does not like. That being said, if you were Watson, would you agree to play for Matt "Be you" Nagy? He would be in Nagy's doghouse within a week for running with the ball too much!
Also, Watson was pissed when the Texans traded away Hopkins. How would he feel about having just Mooney to throw to in 2021?
Pace is going to ruin the future to save his job for 2022. Fans think the Bears are up against the cap now and have needs that outpace their draft picks. Wait till you see his next trade up. It may well make the Mitch and Mack trades look like dimestore stuff. Pace has never shown an ability to trade down and succeed. He is like that poker player, we all like to face, who always goes all in!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
There is just no reason for Watson to want to come to Chicago over Miami or even the Jets.

He’d be a bigger star in New York (and yes that org sucks-but not like the bears are anything special) and on a much better team in Miami, which also is a much better place to live in for a rich young athlete.

I just don’t see anyway he pushes for Chicago, just makes no sense.

Anything's possible, but Adam Schefter said, "Don't get your hopes up" on Watson going to the Jets six times while talking with Jets superfan Mike Greenberg.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter on Jets-Texans Deshaun Watson trade: Don’t get your hopes up - NJ.com - 11 Sports

There's also this:

watson.jpg

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Big Ben gonna have a hissy fit and retire

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's not coming here but it's still om Pace to try and we know Pace has done well in securing trades. Super weird shit happens but I just can't see it from Watson's perspective. Staff in question, OL, scheme and how do you fill the O holes and maintain an aging D with all you'll need to give up?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Does anybody actually trust Pace.. he will pass on Wilson and Watson to draft Papa Najuju, defensive tackle from Mississippi Southern Tech Community College for Carpenters

Oh, hell yes! Najujuuuu!!

Bust

Liked Posts:
you would think it's a tank year, but the jobs of Pace and Nagy ride on the outcome of the season. should be interesting.

Is tanking even a concept in the NFL? less you just go all out and sell like the Jaguars did?

You only as good as the last play in this league...

Just look at the 14-2 Packers. These guys act like they just won 2 games. Their special teams coach got canned. Their Defensive coordinator (hasn't re-signed btw) is getting hammered for allowing the Brady TD right before the half as their head coach even threw him under the bus postgame. Speaking of the headcoach those 14 wins mean nothing as he is getting rekt on social media, packers fanbase and sports talk for not going for it on 4th down. lol

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
Is tanking even a concept in the NFL? less you just go all out and sell like the Jaguars did?

You only as good as the last play in this league...

Just look at the 14-2 Packers. These guys act like they just won 2 games. Their special teams coach got canned. Their Defensive coordinator (hasn't re-signed btw) is getting hammered for allowing the Brady TD right before the half as their head coach even threw him under the bus postgame. Speaking of the headcoach those 14 wins mean nothing as he is getting rekt on social media, packers fanbase and sports talk for not going for it on 4th down. lol

couldn't have happened to a more deserving team.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Are the Bears in a better position than fans think to get Deshaun Watson?

I was a little surprised listening to the latest Hoge and Jahns to hear them say so matter-of-factly that the Bears are a much better destination than New York.

The thinking went that the Bears are an 8-8 playoff team with a good defense and a great receiver even while going through the Foles/Trubisky QB carousel, while the Jets are likely to be bad no matter who’s at QB over at least the next few years, because they simply don’t have anyone good.

Adam Schefter said something similar yesterday, saying that Jets fans shouldn’t get their hopes up, but that the Bears would be among the teams Watson probably wouldn’t veto because he’s so desperate to get out ANYWHERE and that Chicago actually offers some things.

Schefter went on:

“Why would he come to Chicago? Let’s get past little slights or overlooks. Tradition-laden franchise, great city, great fans, strong defense, people who are committed to him.....I think there are very few places that should be and would be and could be ruled out. I think the first thing is, is your franchise the Houston Texans? No? O.K., let’s go from there....I don’t have any reason to believe the Bears would be one of those franchises (that Watson would veto).”

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are the Bears in a better position than fans think to get Deshaun Watson?

I was a little surprised listening to the latest Hoge and Jahns to hear them say so matter-of-factly that the Bears are a much better destination than New York.

The thinking went that the Bears are an 8-8 playoff team with a good defense and a great receiver even while going through the Foles/Trubisky QB carousel, while the Jets are likely to be bad no matter who’s at QB over at least the next few years, because they simply don’t have anyone good.

Adam Schefter said something similar yesterday, saying that Jets fans shouldn’t get their hopes up, but that the Bears would be among the teams Watson probably wouldn’t veto because he’s so desperate to get out ANYWHERE and that Chicago actually offers some things.

Schefter went on:

“Why would he come to Chicago? Let’s get past little slights or overlooks. Tradition-laden franchise, great city, great fans, strong defense, people who are committed to him.....I think there are very few places that should be and would be and could be ruled out. I think the first thing is, is your franchise the Houston Texans? No? O.K., let’s go from there....I don’t have any reason to believe the Bears would be one of those franchises (that Watson would veto).”
I was thinking about this the other day and kinda falls in line with this post…

Is it possible that back in 2017 Watson wanted to be drafted by Chicago?

Think about it for a second… have you ever felt slighted by not getting a job you didn’t want? Or felt slighted by girl who you weren’t interested in?

From Watson’s perspective he could come to Chicago and instantly become the hands down best QB the team has ever had playing in a division against an aging Rodgers, Cousins and a question mark in Detroit.

The whole “storied franchise” thing is kinda bullshit imo. What Chicago does do well is make superheroes out of star athletes.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
And people think things will just by hunky dory is Bears land when Watson comes to Chicago and wins four games again like he did in Houston.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The whole “storied franchise” thing is kinda bullshit imo. What Chicago does do well is make superheroes out of star athletes.
Its actually not. Players have talked about how there are certain teams and certain buildings that are clearly special, I dont know if it gets guy to take less money but players are acutely aware of the league's history.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And people think things will just by hunky dory is Bears land when Watson comes to Chicago and wins four games again like he did in Houston.
I guess you're just going to ignore his winning records in Houston for the sake if trying to win an argument