Desmond Clark tops Bears' depth chart as H-back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
By Brad Biggs

BOURBONNAIS -- One of the questions that has been asked since before the start camp was how the Bears would be able to keep four tight ends on the roster.

They started with four last year but cut Michael Gaines two months into the season. Now, they could do it and it might be possible with a new position.

The Bears released their first "unofficial" depth chart in advance of Saturday's preseason opener at San Diego and veteran tight end Desmond Clark is listed as an H-back. There is no fullback listed.

Clark has worked with the second team in practice as a tight end, but he could be used in an H-back role, a tight end/fullback hybrid, because he is versatile as a blocker and a receiver. The depth chart at tight end has Greg Olsen on top followed by free-agent pickup Brandon Manumaleuna, Kellen Davis and Richard Angulo.

Behind Clark at H-back are Will Ta'ufo'ou, Eddie Williams and Harvey Unga, who could miss the remainder of training camp with a pulled hamstring. Nothing is set in stone, but the depth chart gives a preliminary look at what the coaches and front office are thinking.

More...

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Interesting. I'm excited to see this..

lrr50501

Liked Posts:
Another weapon on the field and not just a wasted roster spot like Turner had. I would bet we won't see any fullback dives that Turner loved so much.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm so happy to see Martz with the freedom to go apeshit, and only have to focus on one side of the ball again!

Manticore

Liked Posts:
Big time safety blanket out of the backfield. Should see him pick up a lot of 1st downs out of the backfield and settling down in the second level.

Status
Not open for further replies.