Devin Duvernay

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright I've had some time to watch a lot of this year's draft crop, and I believe Devin Duvernay is the closest thing to a sure thing in the receiving corps. He's an NFL ready, roll-up-your-sleeves and go-to-work receiver who happens to have top-end speed as well. Now he's not one of those 6-3 or 6-4 bullies like Brandon Marshall was. He's listed at 5'10 which is a little short, but don't let that fool ya'. This is the kind of guy that will take a 10 yard square-in, run through an arm-tackle, and take it the distance. Even if he's off the board by the time the Bears draft, I hope that he does not end up in the NFC North, especially at that team in Wisconsin.

Check out his highlights. Check out frame and how much muscle this dude has on him, and how he's able to move. He's built like a safety, a strong-safety at that.He is going to punish some cornerbacks who think they're going to press him. Then he's going to run right by them. Check out the contested catches and how he makes those and how he wants the football. He's a WR that plays like he's mad at somebody. And he's got speed to boot. Not the fastest in the draft or that I've seen, but fast enough to make you look bad if you press him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We will probably have to trade down and try to pick him up with a 3rd or 4th rounder as based on the depth at WR seems to me that he is not getting in the 2nd round.

However, if we don't go WR in the 2nd and do trade down then he is definitely one of my favorite targets in 3 and 4.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If I remember correctly, he actually was a track star in high school. I think he won’t the state championship as a sprinter. He has legit speed.

He is my fourth choice.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Check out this play against eventual National Champion LSU:

msadows

Liked Posts:
We will probably have to trade down and try to pick him up with a 3rd or 4th rounder as based on the depth at WR seems to me that he is not getting in the 2nd round.

However, if we don't go WR in the 2nd and do trade down then he is definitely one of my favorite targets in 3 and 4.

Way too many good WR's in this draft. There are probably like 15-20 dudes who get picked before him. Then again who the fuck knows. I'm not seeing over 20 WR's going in the first 100 picks tho.

Think there is a very good chance hes there in the 4th or 5th. Shit maybe even the 6th.

Hes a potent threat. Fits the gabriel build in this scheme. Issue is that Turbo could actually run routes, DD isn't really a polished route runner.

This guy said he's built like a safety....sure, but he's actually just really a runningback playing WR. Blazing speed. I'd love to grab him, depends where tho. Nagy would love him. He would replace all those shitty screens turbo used to get.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
..and another one vs LSU. As John Madden would say, BOOM!!

msadows

Liked Posts:
If I remember correctly, he actually was a track star in high school. I think he won’t the state championship as a sprinter. He has legit speed.

He is my fourth choice.

He was my choice for weeks now. Brought him up when I first heard people talking about taking a WR in the 2nd round.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
..and here's the speed:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Way too many good WR's in this draft. There are probably like 15-20 dudes who get picked before him. Then again who the fuck knows. I'm not seeing over 20 WR's going in the first 100 picks tho.

Think there is a very good chance hes there in the 4th or 5th. Shit maybe even the 6th.

Hes a potent threat. Fits the gabriel build in this scheme. Issue is that Turbo could actually run routes, DD isn't really a polished route runner.

This guy said he's built like a safety....sure, but he's actually just really a runningback playing WR. Blazing speed. I'd love to grab him, depends where tho. Nagy would love him. He would replace all those shitty screens turbo used to get.

Well while he would replace Gabs think he is a bit more dynamic because he can outrun and out-muscle guys. He is more of a slightly faster slightly smaller Deebo Samuel as about an inch shorter and 10-15 pounds lighter.

Agree he needs to work on his route running but think less of a concern early on. Given his speed and YAC, he could basically make a living run deep routes and then based off that fear of deep speed catching a lot of underneath stuff and use his YAC. Not sure a lot of teams will want to risk playing tight coverage on him as he is physical enough to beat a press and if so you are fucked as a defender.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I just hope pace isn’t dumb enough to come out of perhaps the deepest WR class in a couple decades without a WR because he was trying too hard to plug other holes. A quality WR is still better than an average guard.

Norseninja

Liked Posts:
Lots of body catches. May drop passes at the next level or have CB's make plays on the ball because of the ball coming in too far. Agree though, very explosive and strong so could translate well at the pro's.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Well while he would replace Gabs think he is a bit more dynamic because he can outrun and out-muscle guys. He is more of a slightly faster slightly smaller Deebo Samuel as about an inch shorter and 10-15 pounds lighter.

Agree he needs to work on his route running but think less of a concern early on. Given his speed and YAC, he could basically make a living run deep routes and then based off that fear of deep speed catching a lot of underneath stuff and use his YAC. Not sure a lot of teams will want to risk playing tight coverage on him as he is physical enough to beat a press and if so you are fucked as a defender.

So....he would basically do what Gabriel did for us.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I just hope pace isn’t dumb enough to come out of perhaps the deepest WR class in a couple decades without a WR because he was trying too hard to plug other holes. A quality WR is still better than an average guard.

This is one of the deepest OL classes in recent memory too. Shit, you could argue its even deeper.

About 20% of the top 100 are linemen. Theres about 10 Tackles in the top 100, and all of those probably go in the first two rounds.

This draft is STACKED at OL.

It's just not the sexy pick.

BEEFBLOCK BAYBEE

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So....he would basically do what Gabriel did for us.

No because Gabs went down too easy. He will do what Samuel did for the Niners IMO. You can have him also take sweeps or runs in backfield because he isn't as dainty as Gabs and can break tackles.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is one of the deepest OL classes in recent memory too. Shit, you could argue its even deeper.

About 20% of the top 100 are linemen. Theres about 10 Tackles in the top 100, and all of those probably go in the first two rounds.

This draft is STACKED at OL.

It's just not the sexy pick.

BEEFBLOCK BAYBEE

Well you could just do the smart then and get a WR and an OL.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Wow. He gets good separation. He beat our very own Duke Shelley on one of those highlights.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No because Gabs went down too easy. He will do what Samuel did for the Niners IMO. You can have him also take sweeps or runs in backfield because he isn't as dainty as Gabs and can break tackles.

So he would play the Gabriel role in this offense. Gotcha

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
He is someone we should pick up if we trade back and don’t pick a wr in the Second. I think Hamler is the man. I have like DD for a while now. I watched a lot of Texas this year and really liked him. He is. Nice consolation if we don’t get the real deal out of penn state.