Did Matt Nagy just pull the plug on the Trubisky Era?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
No, I think that he might, MIGHT, be able to convince them that Nagy is the problem because his offense did not work with 3 QBs (Trubisky, Chase and Bray). He can then say that Trubisky has a chance at being a good QB because Nagy made Trubisky worse.

It is all a load of shit, but the important thing is the presentation.

It will be the battle of Trubisky is shit and he is bringing down Nagy (Nagy's dangerous game) versus Trubisky is good but Nagy is bringing him down because he is not using nor coaching him properly like he wasted Jordan's talent in 2018 (another bullet Pace can use against Nagy).

Pace can make a last ditch effort to say that Trubisky was not a bad draft pick (obviously worse than the other 2 he could have picked) because Nagy is bringing him down.

It is the football version of witch hunts and never Trumpers, trying to sell pigs but calling them pearls.

I have that funny feeling about ownership as well. IF however the national media turns on Pace or Nagy then no presentation made would deter them away from taking care of what the national media thinks is obvious but from THAT point forward, they have no football truth for themselves. They will hire the best presented GM, HC, etc. damn the actual football results they have a track record for.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have that funny feeling about ownership as well. IF however the national media turns on Pace or Nagy then no presentation made would deter them away from taking care of what the national media thinks is obvious but from THAT point forward, they have no football truth for themselves. They will hire the best presented GM, HC, etc. damn the actual football results they have a track record for.
Seems like some of the media is already turning on Nagy. He has made too many dumb mistakes for them to be overlooked. It’s like he doubles down on the dumb, and then is shocked when the media questions him about it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seems like some of the media is already turning on Nagy. He has made too many dumb mistakes for them to be overlooked. It’s like he doubles down on the dumb, and then is shocked when the media questions him about it.

What we cannot do is let our focus linger to long on Nagy, when this entire shit show starts with the fact that the QB sucks.

Nagy has done himself no favors, but his QB is hamstringing him.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Pull the Plug you say?

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What we cannot do is let our focus linger to long on Nagy, when this entire shit show starts with the fact that the QB sucks.

Disagree. Not that Trubisky isn’t a problem, but you don’t call an option on 3rd and 1 because your QB.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

if your QB hamstrings you, bench the QB. If the other QB is bad, then run the damn ball. If you choose to have your hamstrung QB throw 40 times, that's on you. Goff was hamstringing the Rams offense but you didn't see McVay let him throw 40 times.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
What scares the hell out on me is that, in the end, The Bears are a mom and pop organization. If Virginia supports that clean-cut well-mannered young man, there is nothing that the media can say that is going to get rid of Pace.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if your QB hamstrings you, bench the QB. If the other QB is bad, then run the damn ball. If you choose to have your hamstrung QB throw 40 times, that's on you. Goff was hamstringing the Rams offense but you didn't see McVay let him throw 40 times.
This right here. Mcvay showed that he is a good coach. Nagy is dense.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Durrrrr, how iz he gonna try to catch dis wif da momentumzzz, durrrr?!

Hwbxx5l.jpg

I swear, Bears fans deserve these teams for being so impossibly stupid.

Right? It's like idiots trying to use freeze frames to prove momentum.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That pass seemed catchable to me. Not a drop, but ultimately pointless. Had Trubisky put that in a spot for Miller to catch easier, still would have been OPI and the drive would have most likely ended in a punt.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
That pass seemed catchable to me. Not a drop, but ultimately pointless. Had Trubisky put that in a spot for Miller to catch easier, still would have been OPI and the drive would have most likely ended in a punt.

He wasn't catching that pass. The better argument is whether Miller ran the correct route. His cut was towards the inside as Trubs threw to the outside.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wasn't catching that pass. The better argument is whether Miller ran the correct route. His cut was towards the inside as Trubs threw to the outside.
I’m saying had he not extended the push he could have caught it. I have no clue if he ran the correct route either. That ball wasn’t that badly thrown.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Is Nagy to blame? Yes.

Is Trubisky to blame? Yes.

But it all flows down from the QB.

A better QB hits receivers more consistently, resulting in less WR drama.
A better QB creates more sustained drives.
More sustained drives keep the offense on the field longer.
The offense being on the field longer keeps the defense off for longer.
Defensive play rises.
Points rise.
Confidence on both sides of the ball rises.

What the Bears can't do, what the Bears *won't* do, is do what Peter King and ESPN want them to do for some reason, which is "give Trubisky a break" for a couple of weeks. That doesn't work. Once you sit Trubisky, even under the guise of an injury, the entire locker room knows it's over. He can't come back from that.

If his hip truly is a reason to keep him out, do it, I guess. But otherwise, he either plays the entire rest of the year to remove all doubt, or sits the rest of the year and forfeits his role as an automatic starter, maybe even as a quarterback for the Chicago Bears.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Nagy to blame? Yes.

Is Trubisky to blame? Yes.

But it all flows down from the QB.

A better QB hits receivers more consistently, resulting in less WR drama.
A better QB creates more sustained drives.
More sustained drives keep the offense on the field longer.
The offense being on the field longer keeps the defense off for longer.
Defensive play rises.
Points rise.
Confidence on both sides of the ball rises.

What the Bears can't do, what the Bears *won't* do, is do what Peter King and ESPN want them to do for some reason, which is "give Trubisky a break" for a couple of weeks. That doesn't work. Once you sit Trubisky, even under the guise of an injury, the entire locker room knows it's over. He can't come back from that.

If his hip truly is a reason to keep him out, do it, I guess. But otherwise, he either plays the entire rest of the year to remove all doubt, or sits the rest of the year and forfeits his role as an automatic starter, maybe even as a quarterback for the Chicago Bears.
We'll never know the truth about it all but Trubisky does and from his look on the sideline, there was more to it than a slight injury. Have to believe any remaining confidence he had is shot.