Did Matt Nagy just pull the plug on the Trubisky Era?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LMAO, as his momentum is taking him in the opposite direction. Stop it.
Honestly, it looked like the timing was off by Miller who spent too much time pushing and hand fighting instead of just turning around and coming back for the ball when he should. That said, I really don't know who's more at fault but Miller was definitely part of it. Miller drew a penalty there for a reason but even if the ball was placed reasonably OK laterally, it also should never be than high on that route and that's part of the Mitch bad luck, he makes it by not being tight enough and it catches up to him.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The same length. If he could get one hand on it, he could get two.

You can freeze the damn thing and see that he should have extended to his right with both hands and leaned/jumped/dove to try to come down with it. Good receivers make catches like that all the time.

CmLoNoK.jpg

The guy is just dogging it. He has done absolutely nothing since entering the league to illustrate he could be a quality WR. No matter who the QB is, he never looks good. Allen Robinson at least shows lots of flashes (plus, he put up big numbers one year in Jacksonville).

Mitch did throw the ball a bit high, it's not like it was a perfectly thrown ball. But Miller made 0 effort to catch that, if he jumps and gets both hands on it then it could be a catchable ball. Or at least not a INT. Miller has done this all year, if it's not an absolutely perfect placement he gives a half assed hand slap on the ball.

Mitchs throw wasn't great, but Millers 0 effort was worse

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I haven't read through this thread so if I touch on points already made, don't blow a gasket. I basically read the title and am responding to the OP naturally from my head here.

I think he did pull the plug. I think Nagy has been ignoring ways of helping Mitch and has been not adjusting to Mitch in order to produce and score points. I think Nagy has a vision for his offense and wants to be regarded as an architect for a type of offense that Mitch was incapable of running.

I think Nagy could have worked with Mitch but saw it as inevitably doomed due to Mitch's enormous limitations and Nagy did what he thought he had to do.

It feels like there was some kind of ultimatum behind the scenes: this was his game to prove it to someone inside: Pace, Nagy or both or owners or whomever.

And Mitch didn't do too badly (for him). He could've had help from others and looked a lot better.

It's as if Nagy "called it" as they say in hospitals and Mitch took it hard.

I tip my hat to Mitch. I don't think he had it in him, but I never got the idea that he quit or was holding back for the Bears.

Not like I do with Nagy. And I fucking hate Nagy for that.

Anyway, maybe all my speculation is BS and Mitch starts next week, who knows? I am clearly part of the "dumbest fan base in the world". Fuck know-it-alls, whether they be NFL head coaches or shitty CCS posters.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Dear Sweet Mitchell looks heartbroken.

Discuss.
Leave it the village idiot mod to lead the charge of overreacting. Not once did I think he was benched because of performance. As much as I can't wait to move on from Mitch, he actually played decent, looked confident and made some plays. Yeah, Nagy threw Daniels in the game with no warming up on purpose. Now I will wait for the clowns in here to cry that the injury is fake.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After watching the press conferences, they are going with the hip injury being why Mitch didn't run to the line on the option, and why he threw the ball into the dirt on that pass to Cohen in the flat. He was hurting.

We'll see...
I don't doubt he got a ding but pulling him when they did was not a good option regardless. For a strong athletic QB Mitch sure seems to fall funny a lot. Continually taking too many shots and not dumping the ball once outside the tackles. If he got pulled for a reason other than the ding, Nagy is an idiot for doing it when he did.

Mitch still makes mistakes but has looked better the last couple. Bears lead the league in drops. Some of that is placement and balls getting there a bit late so it's not all about excusing Mitch but it's not just him either. I wouldn't mind them sitting Mitch for a week or 2 and letting him come in to try and win a game but what happened yesterday was really poor timing and looked like a team playing for draft picks.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
When I see the Miller interception, I see a horribly thrown ball that the WR is naturally going to try to reach for even if there is no chance to catch it. Miller was wide open and all Mitch had to do was hit him in the numbers.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Leave it the village idiot mod to lead the charge of overreacting. Not once did I think he was benched because of performance. As much as I can't wait to move on from Mitch, he actually played decent, looked confident and made some plays. Yeah, Nagy threw Daniels in the game with no warming up on purpose. Now I will wait for the clowns in here to cry that the injury is fake.
Logic is not your friend. If the injury was real then Mitch would only be pulled if it was impacting performance but u say he was performing great (65 passer rating great)

Mitch was benched, period. Because he sucks, period. Injury is PR so they can buy time to decide on how the benching should be approached.

Thanks

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When I see the Miller interception, I see a horribly thrown ball that the WR is naturally going to try to reach for even if there is no chance to catch it. Miller was wide open and all Mitch had to do was hit him in the numbers.
Ball was thrown much earlier than when Miller had separation. It's timing thing and Miller looked late. Doesn't excuse how high it was or absolve Mitch but it looked like a joint effort and represents just how fucked up things are right now.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The game was a snooze fest. From what I gather from all the threads today I fell asleep at the perfect time lol

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Logic is not your friend. If the injury was real then Mitch would only be pulled if it was impacting performance but u say he was performing great (65 passer rating great)

Mitch was benched, period. Because he sucks, period. Injury is PR so they can buy time to decide on how the benching should be approached.

Thanks
Real question. Did you actually watch the game?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had Golic& Wingo on this morning.

Golic hit the nail on the head when he said..
"Nagy calls 1 yard pass plays hoping that the receiver will break a tackle..Its no wonder teams play "up" (stack the box)on him...The Bears have the lowest yards per pass completion in the NFL"

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I had Golic& Wingo on this morning.

Golic hit the nail on the head when he said..
"Nagy calls 1 yard pass plays hoping that the receiver will break a tackle..Its no wonder teams play "up" (stack the box)on him...The Bears have the lowest yards per pass completion in the NFL"
It’s funny how us fans you know the idiots that don’t get paid millions as pro commentators identified naggy crap playbook weeks ago

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The game was a snooze fest. From what I gather from all the threads today I fell asleep at the perfect time lol

I turned it off at halftime and went to do homework, that's how bad it was.

Reading a school textbook was literally more interesting than watching Bears football

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Weird timing to bench him

That was my thought.

About 4 minutes of game time left, three time outs at your disposal, down by ten, perhaps the season in the balance....And Matt Nagy believes his best chance of orchestrating a comeback is to go with Chase Daniel. Chase Daniel, an NFL journeyman back-up quarterback is his best hope, over the guy drafted second overall.

To me, that says a great deal about his current trust level in Mitchell Trubisky.

He does this knowing he's going to have to answer media questions about it all week, and knowing what kind of awkward position it puts Mitchell in. He knows his team is looking on, and so is his boss Ryan Pace. Knowing all this, he does it anyway.

And, ultimately, it does not end well.

It's going to be a long week at Halas Hall.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see that Daniel didn't fare any better after he replaced Trubisky