Did Matt Nagy just pull the plug on the Trubisky Era?

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
Nagy not only did not develop Mitch at all, he is now abdicating responsibility. I realize Mitch might be a lost cause but developing him was reason 1A the Bears hired Nagy. Man, this franchise is so damn frustrating. Coach of the year to this shit show

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
The ship is sinking lol. Im not sure what I even witnessed. Was that a pure benching, no injury? Brutal. Nagy is blaming Mitch basically before he gets fired, but I'd actually like to see what MItch could do with a different head coach, coordinator and a decent RB.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The ship is sinking lol. Im not sure what I even witnessed. Was that a pure benching, no injury? Brutal. Nagy is blaming Mitch basically before he gets fired, but I'd actually like to see what MItch could do with a different head coach, coordinator and a decent RB.
Really, a QB who cannot throw for 200 yards. Trubisky should have been benched several weeks ago. Today was his best game, that should tell you something.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
This season would've been easier to take if we were shitty last season too. But how do you go from coach of the year, pro bowl alternate appearance, first round of the playoffs to....everyone is benched and fired by next season?

it's mind boggling. The roller coaster of emotions.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Weird timing to bench him

Probably some frustration. Game was winnable, Defense played great grabbing TOs. What bothers me is that he had hints of a really nice game coming. Missed timing on back shoulder throws. I know the Bears having struggles running the ball. Why does it seem like Trubisky is starting from scratch being a QB after last year?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I make fun of Mitch a lot. It hurt watching him cry on the sideline. He's a real good dude and i know he cares. But he's really bad. Completely incompetent. So is his coach and GM but there are QBs that can make things happen despite poor circumstances. Or maybe it is Nagy.

But the Bears cannot go into next season with Mitch as the starter and Nagy as HC. The Bears are in a real fucking mess. Thanks Pace!

They can't go in with Pace as the GM either.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's the opening salvo in the Pace vs Nagy war to see who can survive for another season. The gloves are off now. As much as I hate to see the Bears start all over again I hope they both get shitcanned.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You also want to cut the best WR out there today...

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
“Hip injury”??? Ok, there’s his out. IR him and let’s pull the bandaid off. I’ve read this story before with 6 and we spent to many years waiting on him. Can’t afford to do that again. Let’s admit Pace was wrong and move on. If Pace can’t do that he needs to move on to. Give Nagy a quarterback and see who he is really as a coach. Another fucking year out of the playoffs. This sucks (again)!

Do the Bears ownership trust Pace to fix the O side of the ball that has his fingerprints all over it?

Cordarelle Patterson is trash
Mike Davis trash
Shaheen trash
Trubisky trash
Montgomery hasn't shown anything
Kevin White trash
Piniero is trash

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, listening to presser he was hurt, kept it from Nagy. That conversation was Nagy confronting him on injury. Nagy is a really good guy, I don't know about the play calling. I think we all overreacted.