Did Pace & Nagy get secret under the table contract extensions?

Liked Posts:
These moves make no sense for guys who were supposedly all in this coming season in order to save their jobs.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
These moves make no sense for guys who were supposedly all in this coming season in order to save their jobs.

Really? It makes all the sense in the world to me.

Your offensive guru has never really had the financial commitments to offense from the team. The money in the defense was always over committed.

Now they are balancing The ledger and for the first time in history I'm assuming are trying to invest that kind of money into the offense so your offensive mind can prove his offense works when given the proper tools.

This is a recalibration to a more offensive minded team.

Regardless of whether it works or fails, welcome to the 21st century Bears fans. This is what teams look like now.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Really? It makes all the sense in the world to me.

Your offensive guru has never really had the financial commitments to offense from the team. The money in the defense was always over committed.

Now they are balancing The ledger and for the first time in history I'm assuming are trying to invest that kind of money into the offense so your offensive mind can prove his offense works when given the proper tools.

This is a recalibration to a more offensive minded team.

Regardless of whether it works or fails, welcome to the 21st century Bears fans. This is what teams look like now.
pace still needs to go

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
pace still needs to go

You will get no argument from me. I wanted him gone this off season.

don't mistake me being able to figure out what they're doing as an endorsement. I still have no confidence in them to get it right. In a wait and see mode right now

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the case. All the moves point to a GM/HC who have been told to break it down and being given the chance to build it back up.(which we know pace can’t do)

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You will get no argument from me. I wanted him gone this off season.

don't mistake me being able to figure out what they're doing as an endorsement. I still have no confidence in them to get it right. In a wait and see mode right now
im in that mode with Nagy, i don’t believe he’s been given a fair shake with the talent he has on offense specifically QB. But Pace on the other hand, i’ve seen more than enough to have 0 faith in this extended rebuild

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
im in that mode with Nagy, i don’t believe he’s been given a fair shake with the talent he has on offense specifically QB. But Pace on the other hand, i’ve seen more than enough to have 0 faith in this extended rebuild

Well Nagy now gets his 2nd hand picked QB in Dalton so we'll see what he can do with his not mobile pocket passing QB this year cause obviously didn't work out so well with Foles.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to believe this would have been leaked, I am saying no George is really just this football ignorant.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Well Nagy now gets his 2nd hand picked QB in Dalton so we'll see what he can do with his not mobile pocket passing QB this year cause obviously didn't work out so well with Foles.

I think “hand picked” QB is a bit strong. I think it’s more like what he prefers working with based on the extremely limited options.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think “hand picked” QB is a bit strong. I think it’s more like what he prefers working with based on the extremely limited options.

I'd say Nagy was the loudest voice in the room to trade for Foles and sign Dalton but yes it was with limited options to choose from.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
how in the hell do you figure this was Nagy’s guy? Foles i can see being labeled a Nagy guy based on previous experience together but to the best of my knowledge Nagy and Dalton haven’t worked together before.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
how in the hell do you figure this was Nagy’s guy? Foles i can see being labeled a Nagy guy based on previous experience together but to the best of my knowledge Nagy and Dalton haven’t worked together before.

Well in the end of season presser it was made very clear (since they actually said it) that they would be making their decisions, especially at QB, together and Dalton is a Nagy type of QB. I know you're the biggest Matt Nagy fan on here but this signing has Nagy written all over it.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Well in the end of season presser it was made very clear (since they actually said it) that they would be making their decisions, especially at QB, together and Dalton is a Nagy type of QB. I know you're the biggest Matt Nagy fan on here but this signing has Nagy written all over it.
what is a very Nagy type of QB? In that same presser Nagy stated he prefers a QB that has mobility, arm strength, and decision making. Dalton has maybe 1 of those attributes. This really isn’t all that much of a Nagy move.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
what is a very Nagy type of QB? In that same presser Nagy stated he prefers a QB that has mobility, arm strength, and decision making. Dalton has maybe 1 of those attributes. This really isn’t all that much of a Nagy move.

But Foles is? You said he was and his mobility is much worse than Dalton's is. I'm not gonna do a back and forth on this but Nagy is the loudest voice on the QB decisions IMO.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
But Foles is? You said he was and his mobility is much worse than Dalton's is. I'm not gonna do a back and forth on this but Nagy is the loudest voice on the QB decisions IMO.
I said Foles is because of their previous experience together. im more willing to believe Foles is a Nagy guy than Dalton since Foles was brought in because he “knows the offense”