Did Pace pick the wrong QB again?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Is this just another Nail in the "fire Pace" coffin? The 2 Qbs that where on the Board when the Bears moved up was Fields and Mac Jones.

Justin Fields
SEASONTEAMGGSCOMPATTYDSAVGTDINTSCKSCKYRATEATTYDSAVGTDFUMLOST
2021Chicago Bears75751318166.2262217961.8341404.1162

Mac Jones
2021New England Patriots7717424717797.2961411192.813453.5031

At this point it seems like Jones was the better option, granted it could turn out that after a few years Fields is the better QB but if the Bears are evaluation both Pace and Nagy this year then all they have to go off is this years QB numbers. And so far it looks like Pace picked the wrong QB again

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Idt he picked the wrong qb. I think sticking with naggy plus roster issues it was just the wrong year to trade more picks to move up. We have low cap space, bad roster and supporting cast especially on offense, and a shit hc that has more lives than any feline I’ve seen. Cap space will keep getting worse cause the dumb ass gm keeps pushing the pain down the road so can’t even expect to be bailed out in free agency. And draft picks have been squandered in trades

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If you swapped QBs with the Patriots, Fields would be doing well there and Jones would be getting the snot knocked out of him here.

It’s year four & this guy’s offense just doesn’t work. And everyone knows it except those that are in charge of the decisions.

When one or two players are not performing, it’s probably on the players. But when there’s this many poor performers & business decisions being made, it’s 100% of the most pathetic coaching staff in sport.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
When the OL is that bad, I’ve seen Tom Brady look like a bum behind it.

The issue is Fields isn’t learning anything by playing in these situations, except how to survive. And it’s exactly why many of us didn’t want him to start early this season…

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Please don't overreact. Think Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman. They had it just as bad their rookie seasons. Justin has all the talent, desire and confidence in the world. That being said, if Nagy is here beyond this year, then The QB killer Nagy has a great chance of ruining this kid. There is no rookie QB, this year, last year, the year before etc. that would not be having it very rough with this team their rookie year.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah.

Belichick has always been fantastic at spotlighting his players' strengths while hiding their deficiencies.

The Bears are still trying to figure out how this whole "forward pass" thing works.
The "whys"

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can any of us really sit here and say that we can accurately judge a quarterback that plays for the Matt Nagy?
I am not calling him a bust yet- far too early.
But you can certainly judge his play when he has time, and it has come up short frequently.

We heard these conversations with Grossman and cutler- "if only he had x,y, and z around him".
That shit only goes so far.

Someone mentioned Burrow in another thread- He started with an abysmal o-line, sacked 22 times in his first 5 games.
He was still able to limit mistakes and make good decisions. Despite the bad line and 40+ attempts per game over his first 5 starts, he only had 3 picks.

I dont expect 300 yards and 2 tds per game, but I do expect the boneheaded plays and bad throws to start slowing down.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is this just another Nail in the "fire Pace" coffin? The 2 Qbs that where on the Board when the Bears moved up was Fields and Mac Jones.

Justin Fields
2021Chicago Bears75751318166.2262217961.8341404.1162

Mac Jones
2021New England Patriots7717424717797.2961411192.813453.5031

At this point it seems like Jones was the better option, granted it could turn out that after a few years Fields is the better QB but if the Bears are evaluation both Pace and Nagy this year then all they have to go off is this years QB numbers. And so far it looks like Pace picked the wrong QB again
It’s too soon to tell for sure but it’s a good question. It’s obvious why Fields fell in the draft now…. He can’t read defenses. Jones certainly can. Hopefully Fields brane catches up to his physical gifts over the next ten games.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You guys keep saying this narrative when the facts are obvious to anyone trying to be objective:

Mac Jones looks way way better than Fields at this point in time.
Great and there are factors to that as well. Do you see Bill out there tell Mac to throw deep all game? Is BB telling me to run QB options? No, he is working with Macs strengths and going from there. Nagy doesn’t do that and we have a trash roster to go along with it

ImSure

Liked Posts:
I am not calling him a bust yet- far too early.
But you can certainly judge his play when he has time, and it has come up short frequently.

We heard these conversations with Grossman and cutler- "if only he had x,y, and z around him".
That shit only goes so far.

Someone mentioned Burrow in another thread- He started with an abysmal o-line, sacked 22 times in his first 5 games.
He was still able to limit mistakes and make good decisions. Despite the bad line and 40+ attempts per game over his first 5 starts, he only had 3 picks.

I dont expect 300 yards and 2 tds per game, but I do expect the boneheaded plays and bad throws to start slowing down.
I'm not saying he's not a bust. I'm saying I'm not judging any quarterback who runs a Matt Nagy offense.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Great and there are factors to that as well. Do you see Bill out there tell Mac to throw deep all game? Is BB telling me to run QB options? No, he is working with Macs strengths and going from there. Nagy doesn’t do that and we have a trash roster to go along with it
All true. He’s still better than Fields though because he can actually read a defense. Sorry, it’s just plain as day obvious. Maybe Fields gets better. Maybe he doesn’t. Maybe this is Jones ceiling. Maybe not. I don’t know the future. What I do know is today, right now, if I had to pick one of the two to win a game with I’m picking Jones.