Did Pace pick the wrong QB again?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Manning lol your brining up Manning who threw for 26 TD as well? Back in 98! seriously? lol

Ok if Fields can throw another 22TD this year I will eat crow and love every bite.. lol

BTT and TWP are all hypothetical stats not reality stats.. BTT and TWP do not win games.. TD and INT do and fields has been terrible in the "real" TD and INT stats
26 to 28 is still less than a 1 to 1 TD to Int ratio which is terrible. The claim wasnt that it wad identical to Fields. You claim was that good QBs still put up good stats. 28 ints is not good. His first 2 years starting Brees had more Ints than TDs and a passer rating lower than Fields in one of those years. So as a matter of objective fact, you assertion is wrong.

I am sure you are aware that Ints are not always on the QB. Your opinion here is no less hypothetical. The only difference is PFF gets paid for their hypotheticals while you do not.

For years you were ignoring stats to defend Trubisky so it is amusing that all of a sudden you only want to rely on stats.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
26 to 28 is still less than a 1 to 1 TD to Int ratio which is terrible. The claim wasnt that it wad identical to Fields. You claim was that good QBs still put up good stats. 28 ints is not good. His first 2 years starting Brees had more Ints than TDs and a passer rating lower than Fields in one of those years. So as a matter of objective fact, you assertion is wrong.

I am sure you are aware that Ints are not always on the QB. Your opinion here is no less hypothetical. The only difference is PFF gets paid for their hypotheticals while you do not.

For years you were ignoring stats to defend Trubisky so it is amusing that all of a sudden you only want to rely on stats.
Your trying to compare a QB from 23 years ago with the rules back then to now? just stop

Also I said that good QBs have good stats in response to you saying "No one evaluates QBs just based on hard stats." (and then you went into hypothetical stats to evaluate Fields lol)

The point that you are failing with comparing Manning (other then the rules are now more pro offense) is that yes Manning didnt have good stats his rookie year due to his INT.. BUT he showed that he had promise due to his TD, yards, completion% etc.. Rookies generally dont have great stats but there is some great stats mixed in with the bad that shows something is there to build off of

Fields has nothing to counter his bad INT stat.. its ALL, marginal, bad and horrible. there is nothing in Fields stats that shows anything close to what Manning showed.. again just stop.. lets compare him to a more recent QB in a very similar situation that is also in todays NFL.. someone like Mitch Trubisky?

When the bar is set at Mitch Trubisky rookie year, a VERY VERY VERY low bar.. and he has failed to even live up to that? Thats a problem.. a big problem.

You want to say that you think he will get better and blow away Mitch then thats great. I hope your right.. but thats another discussion. What I'm talking about is reality and sorry but the reality is Jones is the better QB (RIGHT NOW) as is comparing rookie Mitch to Fields right now..

So with the info we have (RIGHT NOW) it shows that pace made the wrong pic.. and should be fired (RIGHT NOW)

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@dbldrew : Mitch Trubisky is a low bar to compare

Also dbldrew: Doesn’t realize Trubisky’s rookie year was more impressive than Jones

Please stop trying to make Jones any better than a game manager. The patriots didn’t even need him in a game and won. Jones doesn’t make mistakes and that’s it. He has one of the best OL in the game, a hall of fame coach, a full compliment of WRs and a good run game. All he has to be is better than Newton who is awful.

And I’ll say this again, if you haven’t seen anything positive or impressive from Fields this year it’s because you don’t want too

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m honestly getting bored of Field detractors. Of course Fields has played bad this year but when you do nothing but bitch about him you’re either extremely stupid in your expectations or again want him to fail. His long ball accuracy is outstanding, his ability to get out of the pocket is good, his competitive drive that he showed coming back against the Packers, 49ers and Steelers was phenomenal, his arm strength top notch and I can go on . This team is not built to do shit this year and has regressed each year under Nagy but we got legit morons out here saying nothing Fields does counteracts the negatives? Miss me with that bullshit

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m honestly getting bored of Field detractors. Of course Fields has played bad this year but when you do nothing but bitch about him you’re either extremely stupid in your expectations or again want him to fail. His long ball accuracy is outstanding, his ability to get out of the pocket is good, his competitive drive that he showed coming back against the Packers, 49ers and Steelers was phenomenal, his arm strength top notch and I can go on . This team is not built to do shit this year and has regressed each year under Nagy but we got legit morons out here saying nothing Fields does counteracts the negatives? Miss me with that bullshit
Its funny man, same dudes who kept claiming Nagy was ruining Mitch are saying Fields sucks. We're going to just keep ignoring that he by far has the worst offensive head coach in the league, a bottom 3rd defense and the worst group of receivers in terms of getting open. Literally no rookie QB could make it work with all of these conditions.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
@dbldrew : Mitch Trubisky is a low bar to compare

Also dbldrew: Doesn’t realize Trubisky’s rookie year was more impressive than Jones

Please stop trying to make Jones any better than a game manager. The patriots didn’t even need him in a game and won. Jones doesn’t make mistakes and that’s it. He has one of the best OL in the game, a hall of fame coach, a full compliment of WRs and a good run game. All he has to be is better than Newton who is awful.

And I’ll say this again, if you haven’t seen anything positive or impressive from Fields this year it’s because you don’t want too

You think that Trubiskys rookie year was better then Jones? lol

So was it Mitch's 59% vs Jones 70% completion that makes Mitch better? Or is it Mitches 6.7ypa vs Jones 7.5ypa that makes Mitch better? Is it the fact that Jones has over twice the TD that makes Mitch better? there is not a single stat other then rushing that Mitch was even close to what Jones has done..

Yes Mitch is a low bar.. Jones has blown away that low bar.. fields has not. you can not argue this point.

Fields needs to step up and play better simple as that..

Is playing better then Mitch really to much to ask?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Some of these are TDs that were taken away for whatever reason that would have been the stats that counteracted those ints but whatever

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this just another Nail in the "fire Pace" coffin? The 2 Qbs that where on the Board when the Bears moved up was Fields and Mac Jones.

Justin Fields
SEASONTEAMGGSCOMPATTYDSAVGTDINTSCKSCKYRATEATTYDSAVGTDFUMLOST
2021Chicago Bears75751318166.2262217961.8341404.1162

Mac Jones
SEASONTEAMGGSCOMPATTYDSAVGTDINTSCKSCKYRATEATTYDSAVGTDFUMLOST
2021New England Patriots7717424717797.2961411192.813453.5031

At this point it seems like Jones was the better option, granted it could turn out that after a few years Fields is the better QB but if the Bears are evaluation both Pace and Nagy this year then all they have to go off is this years QB numbers. And so far it looks like Pace picked the wrong QB again

however these guys pan out, this is pretty dumb to be doing right now

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

So was it Mitch's 59% vs Jones 70% completion that makes Mitch better? Or is it Mitches 6.7ypa vs Jones 7.5ypa that makes Mitch better? Is it the fact that Jones has over twice the TD that makes Mitch better? there is not a single stat other then rushing that Mitch was even close to what Jones has done..

Yes Mitch is a low bar.. Jones has blown away that low bar.. fields has not. you can not argue this point.

70% of Jones passes are behind the first down marker

Jones has 8 ints this season, 7 of them were when he threw the ball passed the first down marker

When he had that 3 int game against the Saints, the pats smartly played to his strengths.

Now with that being said, Jones has s very good against blitz and reads defenses well but if he has to win a game, it’s not happening at least so far

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Its funny man, same dudes who kept claiming Nagy was ruining Mitch are saying Fields sucks. We're going to just keep ignoring that he by far has the worst offensive head coach in the league, a bottom 3rd defense and the worst group of receivers in terms of getting open. Literally no rookie QB could make it work with all of these conditions.
There are literally stats that point to what you said and even watching just some of the game that or even a slight breakdown from ANYBODY shows this but some posters here like nah, not better than mitch

Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Jones has 8 ints this season, 7 of them were when he threw the ball passed the first down marker

When he had that 3 int game against the Saints, the pats smartly played to his strengths.

Now with that being said, Jones has s very good against blitz and reads defenses well but if he has to win a game, it’s not happening at least so far
Its also worth mentioning that he never had to play from behind and on the rare occasions that he has, its not by much. He doesnt have to go out and take over drives and win games. He plays with the #1 D in the NFL, and elite STs and starting field position.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

You do realize Jones is in a totally different than what Fields is in with the Bears??
Yes-No??

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

and even with all of those mistakes it does not even come close to the bad level that Mitch did as a rookie.. its not even close.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

Some of these are TDs that were taken away for whatever reason that would have been the stats that counteracted those ints but whatever
so you want to add in a bunch of TD so his stats are "about the same" as Mitch's? Great our new franchise QB is the same as the last one who didnt work out.. How pathetic is it that you have to add in TD just to bring him up to "not good enough" level? We also have to ignore every QB will always have TD taken away with drops, penalties etc..

I want the new QB to be much better then Mitch.. am I really asking to much here?