Did Pace pick the wrong QB again?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No. Nagy and his shit scheme are the problem and he's currently on a direct path towards ruining yet another 1st round pick at the QB position.

Nagy was literally brought in to do one thing, that being to install a high level NFL offense and he's not even come close to that in any of his 4 seasons as the HC.
either way thats still pointing at a Pace failure.

Either pace picked another Bust at QB = Pace should be fired

OR

Nagy (paces HC pick) is ruining a talented young QB, = Pace should be fired

As long as this ends in Pace being shown the door (and Nagy soon after) then thats all im asking for

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not cherry picking anything as I said before Rookies will make mistakes. What they do between the rookie mistakes is what matters.. Burrow still made plays between the stupid plays when he got sacked, as it shows up in his multiple 300 yard games and 2:1 TD/INT ratio.. what has Fields done? There is nothing you can really point to and say WOW this kid might have it.. it has been marginal play and rookie mistakes the entire time

How many QBs have thrown for 300 yards in a Matt Nagy offense? I guarantee it isn't many. Rookie or vet

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
I think a lot of fans wouldn't know what they were looking at.
I'm not comparing stats I'm just saying Rookies being better then the veterans before them. Lamar after Flacco Watson after Assweiler Mac after Cam Mayfield after taking over an 0-16 team Burrow if he didn't get hurt after Dalton etc. All better then the previous veteran QB their rookie year.

Yes Nagy is terrible but he's been terrible for the past since the start of the 19 season. He didn't just start becoming terrible. Not saying Fields isn't going to get better when Nagy leaves because he is. But it still looks bad even given the bad circumstances.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Fields is playing terrible. He's not "overcoming" the playcaller or coaching staff, he's wallowing in it. Will that change with a new coach? Possibly. Am I willing to give him next year to see if he can improve? Absolutely. What the fuck else is this team going to do?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You guys keep saying this narrative when the facts are obvious to anyone trying to be objective:

Mac Jones looks way way better than Fields at this point in time.
I think the viewpoint is still valid.

Garrappolo, Brissett, Cassel, Hoyer....what do they all have in common. All of them looked much better when playing on the Pats. What everyone is saying is that Mac Jones is never going to look better than he does playing with the Pats.

Kyle Orton went from the Bears to the Pats system (Broncos/Josh McDaniel) and had a career year. That didn't happen by chance.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Then had 2 all of 2019 and then 0 in 2020

And its safe to say Nagy has been figured out
yep both Mitch and Nagy are not good enough.. Was Mitch always destined to be a bust at QB, or did Nagy ruin him?

Who knows. but it seems that history is repeating itself here because Fields has been terrible as well. Its way to early to call Fields a bust regardless of how bad he has played.. But it is way past the time we should be calling Nagy a fraud and be shown the door along with the GM who is responsible for hiring that fraud

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
not cherry picking anything as I said before Rookies will make mistakes. What they do between the rookie mistakes is what matters.. Burrow still made plays between the stupid plays when he got sacked, as it shows up in his multiple 300 yard games and 2:1 TD/INT ratio.. what has Fields done? There is nothing you can really point to and say WOW this kid might have it.. it has been marginal play and rookie mistakes the entire time
You can point out multiple plays Fields has made that make you say WOW,. This is the perfect example of how bad our fan base is. Immediately getting ready to blame the QB as if Fields has done no good put there

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
yep both Mitch and Nagy are not good enough.. Was Mitch always destined to be a bust at QB, or did Nagy ruin him?

Who knows. but it seems that history is repeating itself here because Fields has been terrible as well. Its way to early to call Fields a bust regardless of how bad he has played.. But it is way past the time we should be calling Nagy a fraud and be shown the door along with the GM who is responsible for hiring that fraud
Nagy has had 5 QBs who have done shit, all with different skill sets. Starting to think you just don’t want Fields

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe I am blinded by homerism, I see bad plays yes but I don't see him completely melting down throwing into triple coverage type meltdown.

Liked Posts:
I still have hope and high expectations for Fields. This is a throw away year as far as I'm concerned. Only thing that matters is that he stays healthy and his confidence doesn't get rattled.

He's looked like total dog shit, but once Nagy is gone and he gets another year under his belt, I think he'll get it together.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Nagy has had 5 QBs who have done shit, all with different skill sets. Starting to think you just don’t want Fields
I have been calling for Nagy and Pace to be fired for a long time..

But comparing every QB in the "nagy" system so far Fields has been the worst by a long shot. Is this an indication that Nagy cant develop a QB? Sure thats a very strong possibility, but all that means is we should fire everyone and see If Fields can turn it around in a new system next year.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been calling for Nagy and Pace to be fired for a long time..

But comparing every QB in the "nagy" system so far Fields has been the worst by a long shot. Is this an indication that Nagy cant develop a QB? Sure thats a very strong possibility, but all that means is we should fire everyone and see If Fields can turn it around in a new system next year.
I have brought this up a few times, this scheme or whatever it is has gotten progressively worse every year. Nothing to do with who is quarterback.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@PrideisBears find me one person on here that doesn’t think Nagy is an absolute disaster who needs to go.
I’m not going to delve into CCs bad search function for that but it would be easy to point out people who are solely focused on Fields shortcomings and think he has no positive plays or those who think Dalton would make the team better despite his already pedestrian performance already on tape.

I look at the common problem in everyone’s shortcomings