Did Pace pick the wrong QB again?

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
The offensive line isn't great.

The play-calling isn't great.

Fields is still a rookie.

All of that is true, but enough with the excuses...Fields hasn't been good. Some of it, at least, is on him. He needs to put on his big-boy pants and start playing better, and quit worrying about his situation not being ideal.

He still has time...I hope he makes the most of it.

Oh I agree, but in talks prior to the draft there people wanting to Draft a QB. My statement was to get the OL right first so we dont have a Bengals situation where the QB gets hurts, or worst - completely gets defeated by Nagys lack of play calling and Lazors.

I agree they all have a part including Justin, but the young man has little to no chance with a bad OL and a Crap Head coach.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Is this just another Nail in the "fire Pace" coffin? The 2 Qbs that where on the Board when the Bears moved up was Fields and Mac Jones.

Justin Fields
SEASONTEAMGGSCOMPATTYDSAVGTDINTSCKSCKYRATEATTYDSAVGTDFUMLOST
2021Chicago Bears75751318166.2262217961.8341404.1162

Mac Jones
2021New England Patriots7717424717797.2961411192.813453.5031

At this point it seems like Jones was the better option, granted it could turn out that after a few years Fields is the better QB but if the Bears are evaluation both Pace and Nagy this year then all they have to go off is this years QB numbers. And so far it looks like Pace picked the wrong QB again
No.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
It's impossible to tell as long as Nagy is here.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Is this just another Nail in the "fire Pace" coffin? The 2 Qbs that where on the Board when the Bears moved up was Fields and Mac Jones.

Justin Fields
2021Chicago Bears75751318166.2262217961.8341404.1162

Mac Jones
2021New England Patriots7717424717797.2961411192.813453.5031

At this point it seems like Jones was the better option, granted it could turn out that after a few years Fields is the better QB but if the Bears are evaluation both Pace and Nagy this year then all they have to go off is this years QB numbers. And so far it looks like Pace picked the wrong QB again
No he got it right with Fields, he will be a HOF'er.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
its what they did with Dalton
So Dalton is suddenly a dink and dunk qb? And yet they did nothing to play to Scrubiskys strength and theyve done the same with Justin. If you believe this coaching staff would know how to use Mac Jones to his best strengths and that hed be more successful than JF you are more clueless than this coaching staff.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
So Dalton is suddenly a dink and dunk qb? And yet they did nothing to play to Scrubiskys strength and theyve done the same with Justin. If you believe this coaching staff would know how to use Mac Jones to his best strengths and that hed be more successful than JF you are more clueless than this coaching staff.

listen there is no reason to get salty here, you asked a question and i answered it.

The fact of the matter is a dink and dunk offence would probably work better with this OL

and the first game of the year was dink and dunk so what point are you trying to make here exactly?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys keep saying this narrative when the facts are obvious to anyone trying to be objective:

Mac Jones looks way way better than Fields at this point in time.
And Trey Lance.

Kyle Shanahans face tells me the whole story is Kyle Shanahan knows he picked the wrong QB again and it was right in his lap with a family friend and their first instinct, Mac Jones.

If you remember the 49ers second guessed themselves and got it wrong when they originally may have even traded up for Mac.

Anyway, Kyle looks like a man who knows Lance is a bust and he doesn't want to be there anymore.

Nagy looks like a man who knows he himself is a bust.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Trey Lance.

Kyle Shanahans face tells me the whole story is Kyle Shanahan knows he picked the wrong QB again and it was right in his lap with a family friend and their first instinct, Mac Jones.

If you remember the 49ers second guessed themselves and got it wrong when they originally may have even traded up for Mac.

Anyway, Kyle looks like a man who knows Lance is a bust and he doesn't want to be there anymore.

Nagy looks like a man who knows he himself is a bust.
It was odd what SF did anyway. Move up to #3 without a real plan just because they thought it was a strong QB class. Yeah, it was rumored they wanted Mac Jones but a couple things wrong with that. For one, nobody knows how committed they ever were to Jones, if at all. Two, You didn't have to move up that far to get him cause he was never projected to go that high. It was the rumor, itself, the boosted Mac Jones' draft stock.

Believe the Niners had the #12 pick before they traded that and 2 other first rounders and a third. If they really wanted Jones, that #12 pick was always good enough to get him. They didn't have to do shit. You move up to #3 for what?

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
If extrapolated to the same playing time, Fields has taken over twice as many sacks. Like, come on bro.

The Patriots also have 4x the amount of Coaching prowess.. lol

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
listen there is no reason to get salty here, you asked a question and i answered it.

The fact of the matter is a dink and dunk offence would probably work better with this OL

and the first game of the year was dink and dunk so what point are you trying to make here exactly?
"The FACT of the matter"
"would PROBLABLY work"
Thats not the discussion. The discussion is would the Bears offense be better off with Mac Jones. Also its not a fact at all.

"First game of the year was dink and dunk"
Yeah and howd that work out?

Anyway the point is Mac Jones would not fair any better in this offense than Justin has and considering his lack of mobility itd probably be even worse.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
"The FACT of the matter"
"would PROBLABLY work"
Thats not the discussion. The discussion is would the Bears offense be better off with Mac Jones. Also its not a fact at all.

"First game of the year was dink and dunk"
Yeah and howd that work out?

Anyway the point is Mac Jones would not fair any better in this offense than Justin has and considering his lack of mobility itd probably be even worse.

The discussion is not about the offense and you didnt ask me if the offense would be better with Jones, you asked if under the same situation if Jones would be doing better then Fields. I said yes because a dink and dunk would be better with our current OL problems.

Then you asked me if I thought that Nagy would even run a dink and dunk to complement Jones skill set. and I said Yes.. that was his original game plan with Dalton..

So again what are you talking about here?

Pointing to Fields better mobility is not a great argument because the reality is right now fields mobility has not helped him much at all because he is taking a ton of sacks. If Fields was actually using his ability to avoid sacks you might have a good point.. but he isnt.

So saying that Jones would also be taking sacks because he is not as mobile is a wash because the mobility has not really played into anything here. So if your highly mobile QB is not avoiding sacks then what else could be done that might work? Maybe getting rid of the ball really fast.. like Jones does?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
The discussion is not about the offense and you didnt ask me if the offense would be better with Jones, you asked if under the same situation if Jones would be doing better then Fields. I said yes because a dink and dunk would be better with our current OL problems.

Then you asked me if I thought that Nagy would even run a dink and dunk to complement Jones skill set. and I said Yes.. that was his original game plan with Dalton..

So again what are you talking about here?

Pointing to Fields better mobility is not a great argument because the reality is right now fields mobility has not helped him much at all because he is taking a ton of sacks. If Fields was actually using his ability to avoid sacks you might have a good point.. but he isnt.

So saying that Jones would also be taking sacks because he is not as mobile is a wash because the mobility has not really played into anything here. So if your highly mobile QB is not avoiding sacks then what else could be done that might work? Maybe getting rid of the ball really fast.. like Jones does?
Fields has more mobility and is still getting sacked so what the hell do you think would happen to Mac Jones?!!! And dink and dunk amounted to 14 points in the first game and 7 in the second until Fields came in and put up 13 in the 4th throwing down field and running in spots.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Fields has more mobility and is still getting sacked so what the hell do you think would happen to Mac Jones?!!! And dink and dunk amounted to 14 points in the first game and 7 in the second until Fields came in and put up 13 in the 4th throwing down field and running in spots.
what I think would happen is he would get rid of the ball and avoid the sack.. Like I said...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It’s too soon to tell for sure but it’s a good question. It’s obvious why Fields fell in the draft now…. He can’t read defenses. Jones certainly can. Hopefully Fields brane catches up to his physical gifts over the next ten games.

I am not sure Fields issue is inability to read defenses. I think his issue is he wants to attack downfield and will pass up easy passes waiting for something better to come along. Jones by contrast will take what the D gives him.

You see too many instances on film where Fields is staring at an open guy shot and you can see he is thinking about throwing to them but then he hesitates or pulls back.

He is like a dude that has a perfectly nice girl at home but will be out on the town looking around to see if someone better is available. In the end, he wakes up the next day missing $500 from his wallet and a burning sensation in his groin that he later finds out is gonorrhea.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Jones is 8th in the NFL in time to throw at 2.55 seconds. Fields is 28th at 2.96. He gets rid of the ball quicker.

And we can point out some of those sacks were on burrow. If he were on the bears the narrative would have been Burrows holds the ball too long, got hurt therefore he is a bust?

Fields looks bad right now but no one is doing him any favors. I wish Nagy was fired today but it won’t happen

Except Burrow's time to throw as a rookie was 2.61 which is 0.35 seconds faster than Fields. 0.35 seconds is a long time in the NFL.