Did Pace pick the wrong QB again?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Nobody is saying you're not entitled to your opinions. Your opinions are being mocked. There's a difference.

You're free to believe whatever you want. If you think Jones is a better prospect literally no one cares.

You're being mocked for wanting to quit on Fields after 8 starts and acting like their surrounding situations and coaching staffs play no role in their relative performances thus far.

Had Pace drafted Jones you'd still be on here crying he drafted the wrong QB. Jones would be crippled on season ending IR after the Cleveland game and we'd be listening to you whine about how much better Fields looks in New England.
obviously people care because people keep quoting me and debating it

And Its not so much that I have given up on Fields after 8 games its giving up on Pace after 8 years.. or 6 years or however long he has been failing as a GM.

If Pace had drafted Jones and he was playing like garbage and not even up to the "mitch" level then absolutely I would be here trashing pace as well calling him a failure. I dont care who the QB is as long as he doesnt suck.. and right now Fields sucks and Jones does not.. seems like a perfect reason to trash Pace..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I never originally brought up fields and his accuracy.. When all the blame was being put on the WR for Fields shortcomings all I did was point out that Dalton has a 64% completion with the same guys. Thats all I did and said. You brought up a bunch of hypothetical stats based on what should of happened.. OK and when you said that Dalton should of completed 69.3% of his passes and he only completed 64%.. then we can look to see why.. Well Daltons on target % is actually higher then his "expected" completions at 69.8% so its not on Dalton. So why is his comp % lower? Well his real completion % stat also includes, Throw aways, spikes, and WR drops.. so all of those added in are why his comp % is lower..

Now if you want to say that Fields real world completion % is so much lower because he is throwing deeper then that is completely reasonable and I agree with that. If you want to say that he is getting more drops because the deeper the ball is thrown, the harder it is for the WR to make the catch.. then sure we can agree with that as well..

But I have been saying that is one of the problems with trying to build an offense around a guy with Fields skillset.. there needs to be a perfect supporting cast around him to get consistent production. The OL has to hold longer to give the deeper routes time to develop. The deeper the ball is thrown the more the error in trajectory will happen, so the WR needs to have much more separation to help compensate for that. The Bears do not have that support system and lets be honest the chance of us having it before Fields is out of the league is not great.

Fields holds onto the ball to long and is not quick at reading a D and making quick decisions and throws BUT he is a very explosive player that has a fantastic deep ball, so even if we manage to get a great OL that will give him the time he needs to play to his strengths.. one injury on the OL crushes the whole production.

The great thing about Jones is he reads the D correctly makes quick decisions and can get the ball out quick.. and as we have seen in the video when the D dictates it he is pretty good at hitting the intermediate and deeper routes. So if we happen to get an OL that can hold longer, then Jones can hit more of the intermediate and deep passes.. if we get an injury he goes back to the dink and dunk and quick game to keep the chains moving.. His skillset is more versatile and is compatible with a wide range of supporting cast.

Fields theoretical potential is higher.. but that potential will never been seen.. at least not on the Bears..

I am trying to say Fields has actually been more accurate given the types of throws they both make.

I am also saying statidtically the Bears WRs get the least amount of separation.

Everything else is just you trying to explain the above away.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:

Again, nobody actually "cares" about your opinion. You're mistaking us being bored during a throwaway season and getting entertainment from your continued stupidity as us "caring".

And Its not so much that I have given up on Fields after 8 games its giving up on Pace after 8 years.. or 6 years or however long he has been failing as a GM.

K. Pretty sure everyone here agrees Pace sucks. We just think it's stupid to complain about drafting the wrong QB after he's played 8 games and when everyone with a functioning brain can see the problems with this dysfunctional franchise stem from years of chronic mismanagement and incompetence by Ted, Pace, and Nagy.

If Pace had drafted Jones and he was playing like garbage and not even up to the "mitch" level then absolutely I would be here trashing pace as well calling him a failure.

Sure you would. ?

I dont care who the QB is as long as he doesnt suck.. and right now Fields sucks and Jones does not.. seems like a perfect reason to trash Pace..

L-O-L @ "perfect reason".

Refuses to consider any context, makes final judgements based on14 weeks of stats... calls it perfect... Hilarious. ?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I am trying to say Fields has actually been more accurate given the types of throws they both make.

I am also saying statidtically the Bears WRs get the least amount of separation.

Everything else is just you trying to explain the above away.

The separation of the top 2 receivers in NE..

Kendrick Bourne - 3.2
Jakobi Meyers 2.8

The Bears
Mooney - 2.7
Kmet - 3.2

Now AR12 has a terrible separation stat of 1.9, but he is also not that kind of WR so its hard to hold that stat against him or the QB, thats a guy you throw to if he is 1 on 1 regardless of the separation.

The Pats TE Henery is also getting 2.8
Goodwin has been playing more so will have to wait for him to compile some more receptions before they start tracking his separation stats..

Bottom line here is with comparing to the pats its not the huge difference your trying to make it out to be

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
The separation of the top 2 receivers in NE..

Kendrick Bourne - 3.2
Jakobi Meyers 2.8

The Bears
Mooney - 2.7
Kmet - 3.2

Now AR12 has a terrible separation stat of 1.9, but he is also not that kind of WR so its hard to hold that stat against him or the QB, thats a guy you throw to if he is 1 on 1 regardless of the separation.

The Pats TE Henery is also getting 2.8
Goodwin has been playing more so will have to wait for him to compile some more receptions before they start tracking his separation stats..

Bottom line here is with comparing to the pats its not the huge difference your trying to make it out to be

Gotta say, 14K views is quite impressive. Well done.

CC: @greg23

mecha

Liked Posts:
this is supposed to reach 32 pages.

don't let me down.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Gotta say, 14K views is quite impressive. Well done.

CC: @greg23
so your saying people are more interested in actual current football talk rather then 10 year old threads getting bumped? Crazy concept

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
this is supposed to reach 32 pages.

don't let me down.
well if Fields has a good game this thread will probably hit 50 pages tonight! Seemed to have ruffled some feathers lol

mecha

Liked Posts:
well if Fields has a good game this thread will probably hit 50 pages tonight! Seemed to have ruffled some feathers lol
yeah, you were probably present when I called everyone emotional cunts. and they appropriately responded by cunting about my statement.

as I noted earlier, I checked out with the Bears years ago, predominantly cause it was literally costing me money. honestly it started with Nagy's first game, same old carryover shit from Lovie Smith where they take the foot off the gas and play not to lose. if I know anything, the Green Bay Packers are the last team you want to do that to. cause the refs will become emotional cuntly sympathetic and give the game away to them and shit.

do you know why the Buccaneers made it to the Super Bowl? they kept hammering Rodgers' cunt until the end.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

If Pace had drafted Jones and he was playing like garbage and not even up to the "mitch" level then absolutely I would be here trashing pace as well calling him a failure. I dont care who the QB is as long as he doesnt suck.. and right now Fields sucks and Jones does not.. seems like a perfect reason to trash Pace..
The fact that you say that "Fields sucks" is about as ridiculous as it gets.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So who still wants Mac Jones?

He is coming off a 382 yard 2TD game. So the timing of this seems a little wierd. Both him and Fields are young players who’s careers are just beginning.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What’s your point? That post was 100% accurate.
All I was saying was hi. Wasn’t going to interrupt your love for mediocrity. That was an impressive game, mac now has 6 impressive TDs