Did Peters hint at qb1?

msadows

Liked Posts:
At this point I'd be shocked if justin were not the starter.

Nagy just can't let that be known now so the browns have to at least somewhat prepare for dalton.

I've had a similar bone bruise in highschool to what dalton had but I ended up breaking my ankle in the process. If you damage that ankle/knee enough the shock of it can def. bruise your shit up even no contact.

If he really has no ligament damage then he could play this week, but he'd be a statue in the pocket. That gives nagy an easy excuse.

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:

Nagy just can't let that be known now so the browns have to at least somewhat prepare for dalton.

I've had a similar bone bruise in highschool to what dalton had but I ended up breaking my ankle in the process. If you damage that ankle/knee enough the shock of it can def. bruise your shit up even no contact.

If he really has no ligament damage then he could play this week, but he'd be a statue in the pocket. That gives nagy an easy excuse.
Dalton is pretty mobile, when healthy of course. imagine if the Bears had a real offensive gameplan that wasn't literally offensive to witness.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Dalton is pretty mobile, when healthy of course. imagine if the Bears had a real offensive gameplan that wasn't literally offensive to witness.

You aren't really moving anywhere with a bone bruise in the knee area tho, my guy. Shit would hurt like a bitch, that is unless he turns into Favre 2.0 and pops some meds.

mecha

Liked Posts:
You aren't really moving anywhere with a bone bruise in the knee area tho, my guy. Shit would hurt like a bitch, that is unless he turns into Favre 2.0 and pops some meds.
there was only one Favre. nemesis, for sure, but he was fun to watch.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Being a Bears fan and thus born into disappointment, I was highly skeptical that Nagy wouldn’t find some way to get Dalton on the field this Sunday. After reading a lot more about knee bone bruises from smart people who know a lot more about the subject than me, it seems it’s a certainty that the Fields era has begun in Chicago.

From what smart people are saying, doesn’t sound like Dalton would be able to go for multiple weeks, under even the most rosy injury outlook for him.

I never root for injuries, but here’s what I’ll say. I hope Dalton recovers fully from this injury and goes on to continue his career, and has no adverse effects down the line. I just hope all that happens several weeks from now. ?‍♂️

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Being a Bears fan and thus born into disappointment, I was highly skeptical that Nagy wouldn’t find some way to get Dalton on the field this Sunday. After reading a lot more about knee bone bruises from smart people who know a lot more about the subject than me, it seems it’s a certainty that the Fields era has begun in Chicago.

From what smart people are saying, doesn’t sound like Dalton would be able to go for multiple weeks, under even the most rosy injury outlook for him.

I never root for injuries, but here’s what I’ll say. I hope Dalton recovers fully from this injury and goes on to continue his career, and has no adverse effects down the line. I just hope all that happens several weeks from now. ?‍♂️

i read that if he has no damage to his ACL he will get the start, the question then becomes how long will he last

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bruised my femur, that shit hurt. It took about 2 months before I could squat/put all my weight on that leg.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

LMAO at prepare for Dalton. If you prepare for Fields you are good to go if you're the Browns. Dalton was been fine, but 5 yard passes scare no one.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars

Even if the browns knew Fields was starting.... what film do they have that can slow Fields down?.... at this point we need Nagy to change up the offensive system. Cause every defense in this league already know Nagys system and shit ain't working

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol where did you read that? I've haven't seen anywhere that he's likely to play this week

Chicago Bears say quarterback Andy Dalton remains their starter if healthy; early tests show no ACL​

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- In the hours since the Chicago Bears' 20-17 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals, head coach Matt Nagy declined multiple times to clarify whether veteran Andy Dalton (left knee) would remain the team's starting quarterback if healthy.
However, five minutes after Nagy's Monday morning's news conference concluded, where Nagy cited "scheme" as the reason he could not divulge whether Dalton would remain the starting quarterback over rookie Justin Fields, the Bears sent a team official into the media room to announce that Dalton is, in fact, still the Bears' starting quarterback, health permitting.

ADVERTISEMENT

The team official stated that Nagy misunderstood the question.
"If Andy is healthy, is he your starter?" Nagy was asked when pressed about the subject in the news conference.
Said Nagy: "That's something that I'm not going to get into with scheme."
Dalton's health, of course, is a major question mark after the 33-year-old left Sunday's game late in the second quarter.

EDITOR'S PICKS​

Dalton suffered the injury on a 14-yard scramble when he landed awkwardly on the Bears' sideline and his left knee appeared to buckle. Dalton immediately pointed to Fields to enter the game and headed to the blue injury tent to be examined. He initially appeared to check out OK and re-entered the game for a series before going back to the locker room before halftime. Dalton remained in uniform after halftime but did not have his helmet on while on the Bears' bench.
Fields went 6-of-13 for 60 yards and an interception and rushed 10 times for 31 yards.
Nagy said the team was still working through the extent of Dalton's injury, but confirmed that the quarterback did not suffer a torn ACL. With most signs pointing toward Fields starting on Sunday versus the Cleveland Browns, Nagy had to address the issue of whether it would be difficult to turn back to Dalton if Fields gets the starting nod in Week 3.
"That's all stuff that we've talked about," Nagy said. "We've discussed how things would go, the what-if game, just so that you're not making emotional decisions. And you also got to see how things are going. It's literally that process that you talk about with these quarterbacks and with players in general and with your offense, defense, special teams.
"Kind of all going back to what we've talked about from day one, which is just worry about today. We just try to stay in the moment right now."
by Taboola
Sponsored
You May Like

https://bridesblush.com/trends/harry-potter-now-tb-gr2/?prch=6f94eca65980445d1bd0d2487f033722&utm_campaign=Harry Potter TAN MBS 2AD Gemma2802 V1 DUP0804 En - Desktop USA&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=espnnetwork-espn&utm_term=What+The+Harry+Potter+Stars+Look+Like+Out+Of+Costume&utm_content=http://djdy6whc2vqt5.cloudfront.net/57cef332-a712-4427-9aca-db8b637461f0.jpg&c=arUZdyPG6qb40HhjTvlX3v_m8pw7n_S0x0hjGgY0tV0=&psl=g_00a250&network_code=CM&tblci=GiA8faX8waiaseY9i8w3euVJv447VtqMnA3Iic6dBRreFiDLhU4o3KKsrZL7uMX6AQ#tblciGiA8faX8waiaseY9i8w3euVJv447VtqMnA3Iic6dBRreFiDLhU4o3KKsrZL7uMX6AQ
What The Harry Potter Stars Look Like Out Of CostumeBridesBlush

Don’t miss out on our limited-time checking offers | Citi.com
Act now to earn a cash bonus with activitiesCiti®

Lol where did you read that? I've haven't seen anywhere that he's likely to play this week

Even if the browns knew Fields was starting.... what film do they have that can slow Fields down?.... at this point we need Nagy to change up the offensive system. Cause every defense in this league already know Nagys system and shit ain't working

Toast88

Liked Posts:
i read that if he has no damage to his ACL he will get the start, the question then becomes how long will he last
No way, man. Lots of doctors and people who have suffered bone bruises (pro athletes and non-athletes alike) have written on this subject in the last couple of days, and they all say the same thing: It's a multi-week injury at the very least; could be a multi-month injury.

Dalton literally would not be able to protect himself if he went out there, and he would be in immense pain. It would be irresponsible for coaches to put him in that position.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way, man. Lots of doctors and people who have suffered bone bruises (pro athletes and non-athletes alike) have written on this subject in the last couple of days, and they all say the same thing: It's a multi-week injury at the very least; could be a multi-month injury.

Dalton literally would not be able to protect himself if he went out there, and he would be in immense pain. It would be irresponsible for coaches to put him in that position.
I would think severity and recovery traits could be the difference between a few days and a couple months.
most football players at this level are blessed with recovery traits.
we will see.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Chicago Bears say quarterback Andy Dalton remains their starter if healthy; early tests show no ACL​

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- In the hours since the Chicago Bears' 20-17 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals, head coach Matt Nagy declined multiple times to clarify whether veteran Andy Dalton (left knee) would remain the team's starting quarterback if healthy.
However, five minutes after Nagy's Monday morning's news conference concluded, where Nagy cited "scheme" as the reason he could not divulge whether Dalton would remain the starting quarterback over rookie Justin Fields, the Bears sent a team official into the media room to announce that Dalton is, in fact, still the Bears' starting quarterback, health permitting.

ADVERTISEMENT

The team official stated that Nagy misunderstood the question.
"If Andy is healthy, is he your starter?" Nagy was asked when pressed about the subject in the news conference.
Said Nagy: "That's something that I'm not going to get into with scheme."
Dalton's health, of course, is a major question mark after the 33-year-old left Sunday's game late in the second quarter.

EDITOR'S PICKS​

Dalton suffered the injury on a 14-yard scramble when he landed awkwardly on the Bears' sideline and his left knee appeared to buckle. Dalton immediately pointed to Fields to enter the game and headed to the blue injury tent to be examined. He initially appeared to check out OK and re-entered the game for a series before going back to the locker room before halftime. Dalton remained in uniform after halftime but did not have his helmet on while on the Bears' bench.
Fields went 6-of-13 for 60 yards and an interception and rushed 10 times for 31 yards.
Nagy said the team was still working through the extent of Dalton's injury, but confirmed that the quarterback did not suffer a torn ACL. With most signs pointing toward Fields starting on Sunday versus the Cleveland Browns, Nagy had to address the issue of whether it would be difficult to turn back to Dalton if Fields gets the starting nod in Week 3.
"That's all stuff that we've talked about," Nagy said. "We've discussed how things would go, the what-if game, just so that you're not making emotional decisions. And you also got to see how things are going. It's literally that process that you talk about with these quarterbacks and with players in general and with your offense, defense, special teams.
"Kind of all going back to what we've talked about from day one, which is just worry about today. We just try to stay in the moment right now."
by Taboola
Sponsored
You May Like

https://bridesblush.com/trends/harry-potter-now-tb-gr2/?prch=6f94eca65980445d1bd0d2487f033722&utm_campaign=Harry Potter TAN MBS 2AD Gemma2802 V1 DUP0804 En - Desktop USA&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=espnnetwork-espn&utm_term=What+The+Harry+Potter+Stars+Look+Like+Out+Of+Costume&utm_content=http://djdy6whc2vqt5.cloudfront.net/57cef332-a712-4427-9aca-db8b637461f0.jpg&c=arUZdyPG6qb40HhjTvlX3v_m8pw7n_S0x0hjGgY0tV0=&psl=g_00a250&network_code=CM&tblci=GiA8faX8waiaseY9i8w3euVJv447VtqMnA3Iic6dBRreFiDLhU4o3KKsrZL7uMX6AQ#tblciGiA8faX8waiaseY9i8w3euVJv447VtqMnA3Iic6dBRreFiDLhU4o3KKsrZL7uMX6AQ
What The Harry Potter Stars Look Like Out Of CostumeBridesBlush

Don’t miss out on our limited-time checking offers | Citi.com
Act now to earn a cash bonus with activitiesCiti®

No damage to his ACL doesn't mean "healthy," my friend. People who have written extensively on this the past couple of days talk about how when you get that bone-on-bone collision, which causes a bone bruise, it decimates that tissue that absorbs the impact and protects the ligaments. Your ligaments are good, but there are a lot of muscle and tissue fibers that suffer severe trauma.

Just to bring up an anecdote---not saying the circumstances are entirely the same---Adam Hoge had a very similar injury, a non-contact fibula-on-tibia bone bruise without ligament damage. He's obviously not a pro athlete with pro resources, but he says he basically couldn't move around for three months---The pain was too great and the tissues and fibers too tight from trauma.

We'll ultimately know for sure in the next few days how serious this is, but I would be incredibly surprised if this doesn't sideline Dalton for at least the next several weeks.