Did Peters hint at qb1?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I would think severity and recovery traits could be the difference between a few days and a couple months.
most football players at this level are blessed with recovery traits.
we will see.
I don't think it's a few days vs. a few months with an injury like this. Sounds more like weeks vs. months, but I admit I'm not an expert. I suppose we'll all know soon either way.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not speculating on the severity of Dalton's ding. I suspect he could play relatively normally on it and what happens is more about what the staff wants to do at this point.

I do want to give a call out to Jason Peters who had a great game on Sunday and maybe the best play we've seen at LT for a long time. This appears not to be about whether he can still play anymore but whether he will be able to do so for most of the season or at least until Borom can go again. All this bitching about our Ts this pre and it's Mustipher and Whitehair that need to step it up. Only 2nd game and interior play can improve simply from becoming more coordinated. Lets hope.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whitehair usually struggles next to underpowered players.
They need a big bad center like Deiter.
I think with your promise kept, and Bengals out of way, it becomes less about fairness to Dalton moving forward.
The bruise doesn’t have to stop Dalton, if it limits him at all it changes the decision potentially.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's nothing structural there and the pain will be manageable/can be treated by Sunday. They can also put him in a brace is concerned about reaggravating it. This looks like an excuse for a coaching decision to me.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's nothing structural there and the pain will be manageable/can be treated by Sunday. They can also put him in a brace is concerned about reaggravating it. This looks like an excuse for a coaching decision to me.

Perhaps I'm a little more sensitive to the subject because of my numerous knee injuries...

If I was Andy... I wouldn't let them RGIII my ass... I would happily enjoy the bench, my $10mil and look forward to the next team to hire me @ another $10mil...

msadows

Liked Posts:

A bone bruise on the knee can literally make it hard to walk my guy.

yea, he could play, and if it was a playoff game I assume he would, but he would also have to be pretty doped up which I’m not sure the nfl allows anymore.

back in favres days they give him some good painkillers and tell him to fight another day.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Chicago Bears say quarterback Andy Dalton remains their starter if healthy; early tests show no ACL​

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- In the hours since the Chicago Bears' 20-17 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals, head coach Matt Nagy declined multiple times to clarify whether veteran Andy Dalton (left knee) would remain the team's starting quarterback if healthy.
However, five minutes after Nagy's Monday morning's news conference concluded, where Nagy cited "scheme" as the reason he could not divulge whether Dalton would remain the starting quarterback over rookie Justin Fields, the Bears sent a team official into the media room to announce that Dalton is, in fact, still the Bears' starting quarterback, health permitting.

ADVERTISEMENT

The team official stated that Nagy misunderstood the question.
"If Andy is healthy, is he your starter?" Nagy was asked when pressed about the subject in the news conference.
Said Nagy: "That's something that I'm not going to get into with scheme."
Dalton's health, of course, is a major question mark after the 33-year-old left Sunday's game late in the second quarter.

EDITOR'S PICKS​

Dalton suffered the injury on a 14-yard scramble when he landed awkwardly on the Bears' sideline and his left knee appeared to buckle. Dalton immediately pointed to Fields to enter the game and headed to the blue injury tent to be examined. He initially appeared to check out OK and re-entered the game for a series before going back to the locker room before halftime. Dalton remained in uniform after halftime but did not have his helmet on while on the Bears' bench.
Fields went 6-of-13 for 60 yards and an interception and rushed 10 times for 31 yards.
Nagy said the team was still working through the extent of Dalton's injury, but confirmed that the quarterback did not suffer a torn ACL. With most signs pointing toward Fields starting on Sunday versus the Cleveland Browns, Nagy had to address the issue of whether it would be difficult to turn back to Dalton if Fields gets the starting nod in Week 3.
"That's all stuff that we've talked about," Nagy said. "We've discussed how things would go, the what-if game, just so that you're not making emotional decisions. And you also got to see how things are going. It's literally that process that you talk about with these quarterbacks and with players in general and with your offense, defense, special teams.
"Kind of all going back to what we've talked about from day one, which is just worry about today. We just try to stay in the moment right now."
by Taboola
Sponsored
You May Like

https://bridesblush.com/trends/harry-potter-now-tb-gr2/?prch=6f94eca65980445d1bd0d2487f033722&utm_campaign=Harry Potter TAN MBS 2AD Gemma2802 V1 DUP0804 En - Desktop USA&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=espnnetwork-espn&utm_term=What+The+Harry+Potter+Stars+Look+Like+Out+Of+Costume&utm_content=http://djdy6whc2vqt5.cloudfront.net/57cef332-a712-4427-9aca-db8b637461f0.jpg&c=arUZdyPG6qb40HhjTvlX3v_m8pw7n_S0x0hjGgY0tV0=&psl=g_00a250&network_code=CM&tblci=GiA8faX8waiaseY9i8w3euVJv447VtqMnA3Iic6dBRreFiDLhU4o3KKsrZL7uMX6AQ#tblciGiA8faX8waiaseY9i8w3euVJv447VtqMnA3Iic6dBRreFiDLhU4o3KKsrZL7uMX6AQ
What The Harry Potter Stars Look Like Out Of CostumeBridesBlush

Don’t miss out on our limited-time checking offers | Citi.com
Act now to earn a cash bonus with activitiesCiti®
no argument from me on your take, just answering @Chicagosports89 's question as to where I read it

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A bone bruise on the knee can literally make it hard to walk my guy.

yea, he could play, and if it was a playoff game I assume he would, but he would also have to be pretty doped up which I’m not sure the nfl allows anymore.

back in favres days they give him some good painkillers and tell him to fight another day.
The pain issue will have to do with Dalton's response to being questioned about it and whether he thinks he can play at a normal type level. How do you think that exchange would go?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The pain issue will have to do with Dalton's response to being questioned about it and whether he thinks he can play at a normal type level. How do you think that exchange would go?
But who cares what he says about his pain? He obviously couldn't move well when he came back in the game. If he's still not able to move right, then they can't play him which seems much more likely to be the issue

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sam the Center I feel was the worst member of the Oline Sunday, as the head of that line it hurts the inside play if the center gets beat badly. Whitehair alright, Daniels, if he wants a big contract...

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sam the Center I feel was the worst member of the Oline Sunday, as the head of that line it hurts the inside play if the center gets beat badly. Whitehair alright, Daniels, if he wants a big contract...
I agree, but I get the feeling this group, including Mustipher, is going to approve as the season goes along.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But who cares what he says about his pain? He obviously couldn't move well when he came back in the game. If he's still not able to move right, then they can't play him which seems much more likely to be the issue
Our resident injury prone guy had it much worse along with a muscle tear and said the pain was much better after only 3 days. They weren't going to let him play with that after it stung again without an MRI. They have it now and without any structural damage. There's no further risk and the pain is easily managed. This is a coaches decision. If it was Mahomes, it wouldn't get questioned.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He was talking to @dabears70 ?
My goodness, what's it like waking up and going to sleep thinking about me? Every single day when i come on here i have anywhere from 3-5 alerts of you mentioning me in threads that i haven't even posted in.....EVERY SINGLE DAY. Hahahaha.

It's not even a joke anymore that i'm truly all up in your head and i'm getting checks from you every month for living in my head. Cha Ching.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My goodness, what's it like waking up and going to sleep thinking about me? Every single day when i come on here i have anywhere from 3-5 alerts of you mentioning me in threads that i haven't even posted in.....EVERY SINGLE DAY. Hahahaha.

It's not even a joke anymore that i'm truly all up in your head and i'm getting checks from you every month for living in my head. Cha Ching.
Nice sig, Pat O’Conman

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

that's literally the opposite of how that insult works FYI

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Omg I didn’t even notice. Holy shit! I’m paying rent to live in his head lolololol

worry every penny

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:

Omg I didn’t even notice. Holy shit! I’m paying rent to live in his head lolololol

worry every penny

I fully 100% agree that this is opposite of what you are trying to say where you should be saying "you should start asking for cheques from me for monthly rent because I have been living on the inside your head for months now with no rent due literally getting to live there for free and with no threat of eviction" because then you are actually saying that the person cannot get you out of his mind as a figurative way of putting it by comparing it to living expenses not occurring and basically you are getting a good deal because they can't stop thinking of you. Hope that makes sense and helps.