Did Poles gives Fields enough tools to be successful next season?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm looking forward to the excuse making. I think it will be LEGENDARY this year.
That's funny. Most fans are looking forward to improved passing from Fields this year. I guess cynicism is what brings you joy though so hope you also enjoy all of the disdain that comes with it.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the skill players are there with the addition of DJ Moore. Would like to see a RB added - seems to be plentiful in the later rounds of the draft.

Worried about the OL. Tackle play will be inconsistent and I don't know what to think of the interior OL. That was a huge issue last year, no QB is going to do well when the interior can't hold a pocket.

The only offensive lineman added so far is Davis and from what I've read he is strictly a RG, which Teven played RG last year and was probably our best lineman. So, I'm not sure what's really been added. Bears always seem to do this with players like Teven who played well at RG so naturally they are going to play musical chairs with him and move him to LG or RT? I don't like Whitehair at Center either, which I'm assuming as of right now they are thinking Jenkins - Whitehair - Davis. I hope Poles goes Tackle round 1 and Center later. You can start Whitehair at Center and bring the rookie in when Whitehair inevitably has snapping issues because he's not a Center.

The DL is just going to have to suck if Poles wants to field a decent OL.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Liked adding Davis to give more options up front (though curious where he will play given he's been a RG exclusively in the pros if I read correctly) and loved adding Moore. Aside from that, the Bears signed a bunch of JAGs that don't move the needle in any way for me. The offensive line still needs a lot of work and badly needs a center and starting tackle (with a solid swing tackle in case Jones or the likely rookie tackle aren't up to it). I will be much more optimistic if they take one of Paris/Jones/JSN at 9 instead of going DL which is what I think they're gonna do.

Liked Posts:
I think it’ll probably be yes. Receiving weapons of Moore, Mooney, Claypool, Kmet and Tonyan is solid to maybe even above average in the league.

Jones will likely be better after an offseason working with the coaching staff. A combination of Davis, Jenkins, Whitehair and Patrick rotating should keep the interior from immediately collapsing now we’re not relying heavily on Mustipher being that central anchor.

The big question mark really is that right tackle position but I’m quietly confident Poles will be able to fill in either with a quality rookie or a solid veteran presence.

I expect our run game to again be one of the best in the league. I also think this season will determine if Fields is just a runner or has the ability to be more. Without his interior collapsing on him immediately we’ll see if he is able to detect pressure and move about the pocket to extend plays.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
If Fields can’t have success with Moore, Mooney, Claypool, & Kmet as weapons then he isn’t a QB1. It’s really that simple. No excuses.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not done yet. Let's see where the rest of FA/draft goes. THEN I can chime in. So far, I like DJM a lot, and the Guard we got is an improvement for sure. Need to address RT though IMO.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always figured this to be a 3 year turn around. We are in year 2 of the proper reworking of the team. I like what I've seen to this point, expect big things in the draft as Poles draft last year was pretty good. Give me another pretty good draft and then we have next year to finalize a few of the remaining holes.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's funny. Most fans are looking forward to improved passing from Fields this year. I guess cynicism is what brings you joy though so hope you also enjoy all of the disdain that comes with it.
Oh it's always a win-win for me. If the Bears play well and are good I'm happy. If the Bears play poorly this place is always good for a laugh with all the copium.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears will likely get a RT in the draft. Next off season will likely be defensive focused and where Bears get their 3 technique to solidify the defense.

LT: Braxton Jones
LG: Nate Davis
C: Cody Whitehair, Lucas Patrick
RG: Teven Jenkins
RT: Rookie
WR1: DJ Moore
WR2: Chase Claypool
SWR: Darnell Mooney
TE: Cole Kmet, Tonyan
RB D'Onta Foreman, Khalil Herbert, Homer

Good thread, I was going to do one like this but with the whole team.

Only thing I will say, is Nate Davis has only ever played RG. I think he may stay there. Jenkins I think may play either LG or RT. Jenkins hasn't played LG before, but he played LT when he first got here, so he at least has taken snaps on the left side, unlike Davis, which is why I think he may be the one to move - plus with his brand of nasty, you really want that on your QB's blind side.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
DJ Moore is better than anyone we've had in a long, long time. Statistically speaking, ever.

Brandon Marshall is legit the only other WR on the Bears who even compares from a production standpoint (yes, I know their games are very different).

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Moore is enough to elevate the other WRs but if Fields doesn't have time he won't be elevating anyone.
It will be just like other years, pressure the QB. Will Fields be able to pass quickly and punish them for it? No because he has 2 years of training telling him to run for his life.

Because of rookies being rookies the draft isn't to elevate oline performance it so we're banking on last year's oline taking a very substantial leap this year. So far.

Does anyone know how Moore's scramble drills are?

Brandon Marshall is legit the only other WR on the Bears who even compares from a production standpoint

Moore doesn't compare yet. Marshall is the only Bear WR who shows up on the GOAT lists. 2 1500yd years (one that we paid the other team to take him off our hands to get).
Presently Moore and Robinson compare as far as production but Moore is more consistent which points to him not reaching his ceiling.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Did tools gives Fields enough Poles to be successful next season?​

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Did Fields give tools enough Poles to be successful next season?​

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Did tools gives Poles enough Fields to be successful next season?​

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How high am I?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall is legit the only other WR on the Bears who even compares from a production standpoint (yes, I know their games are very different).
How much difference is there in their games?

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
I think Carter falling would be the only way we don't go LT in the 1st round - ideally after a trade back to once again acquire more draft capital and I'd be shocked if they didn't address C at some point in the draft as well. Let the 1st round LT and Jones battle it out and start the other at RT.

The main objective is to get the passing attack firing on all cylinders and give you absolute certainty on Fields going into next offseason and then address the front 4 on the DL.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carter scares me. At the most important time in his young career....he's out building a criminal record instead of building his body. Shows up out of shape and fails miserably....teams will say "We can fix him!" Well fuck that. You don't pick a guy in the top 10 and have to "fix him".