Did the Bears Make a Mistake Hiring Eberflus?

Bust

Liked Posts:
3-13 and 9-8 and second round of playoffs???

The giants also had zero talent other than Barkley at rb and he got Daniel Jones to throw for 1000 more yards than our qb and Daniel Jones is half the talent that Fields is!

Not to mention what he did with Allen and the bills and yet I’m wrong???

The individual you responded to fall in line with the lovable losers. Bear fans have overtook Cub fans in that category. sugarcoat year after year.

meanwhile . . .

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Any process that involves George's judgement automatically will make me lean towards it being the wrong decision and i have seen very little from him as a coach that suggests otherwise. HITS is a sham that people throw out when the Bears are in close games and ignore its existence when they're not. He's a defensive guy and his defense gave up the most points in the league. They'll be better when they get better talent but i would have expected better than worst in the league and better than awful run D from the very start of the season, that lasted to week 18. He looks like another over-promoted generic grandchild of Tony Dungy who will go on to be mediocre as a HC.

Also, did anyone watch the Cardinals in-season Hard Knocks? Did you hear the word loaf mentioned multiple times? I did. Doesn't matter. 2nd worst point D in the league.

The trend is offense and you have Justin Fields... So naturally George hired Romeo Crennel.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3-13 and 9-8 and second round of playoffs???

The giants also had zero talent other than Barkley at rb and he got Daniel Jones to throw for 1000 more yards than our qb and Daniel Jones is half the talent that Fields is!

Not to mention what he did with Allen and the bills and yet I’m wrong???

Kayvon Thibodeaux?
Dexter Lawrence?
Leonard Williams?
Andrew Thomas?
Evan Neal?

The Giants aren't exactly devoid of talent outside of Barkley

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The individual you responded to fall in line with the lovable losers. Bear fans have overtook Cub fans in that category. sugarcoat year after year.

meanwhile . . .

The giants had been bad for years, that's the reason they have had people like Thibodeaux and Andrew Thomas, Evan Neal. All three are top 10 picks, 2 of them top 5. But yeah, the Giants have "zero" talent.

Dexter Lawrence = 17th pick
Leonard Williams was a 6th overall Jets pick

Adoree Jackson is a 1st rounder

Their biggest issue was coaching. Not talent

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Pederson was too similar a play caller to Matt Nagy to hire immediately after firing Nagy, and Daboll looked too much like a fatter version of Matt Nagy.
Nagy fucked this team over for (coaching) generations haha

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I don't think he would've succeeded to extent he did this season because Jacksonville went all in on their young QB.

Poles chose to go in a completely opposite direction and tear everything down--which I agree was necessary.

This offseason's resources should be spent putting everything necessary for Fields to succeed around him. That way we can better gauge his, and Eberflus', abilities.
And this is why it kind of pisses me off that theres all this talk about JF finally being the franchise QB we`ve been waiting for and what are the bears talking about doing? Going defense with their first pick. Our first, second, third and fourth pick should be offense!!! Thats how you show a commitment to your guy. Spend that cap money to fix the defense. Stop with the lame ass trades for receivers others dont want. Im talking out of my ass right now because we dont know what theyll do but come the draft if this franchise doesnt address the offense like they should i think there are going to be a lot of pissed off fans. Ill be one of them.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Yes, I know it's too early to tell, but there are some themes and trends regarding playoff teams that are worth looking at. It's no secret that the NFL is now an offensive league and defense does not win you championships anymore; QB play does.

When looking at the top offenses in the league, 10 of the top 11 offenses made the playoffs this year. The lone team that did not make the playoffs were the Detroit Lions. Bears were 28th, FYI.

Among the remaining teams in the playoffs, 7 of the 8 have offensive backgrounds. The 8th coach is Sean McDermott with the Buffalo Bills.

There were 10 new head coaches this season. Of those 10, 4 had defensive backgrounds (Lovie, Eberflus, Dennis Allen, Todd Bowles) and 6 came from the offensive side (Pederson, Daboll, Kevin O'Connell, McDaniel, Hackett, and McDaniels). One from each side got fired (Lovie and Hackett). One from the defensive side made the playoffs (25%), and four from the offensive side made the playoffs (67%).

The hit rate and importance seem to lean towards offense. Now, obviously each team had drastically different circumstances where none of these comparisons are apples-to-apples. I just think it's interesting and something to monitor going forward the success of teams and their coaches' coaching background.

Should the Bears have hired Pederson or Daboll instead of Eberflus? Only time will tell.
No. Im fine with Eberflus until he shows hes clearly is or is not the guy and he has plenty of time for that. Ill wait till next season to give my opinion one way or another. Btw Eberflus was my first choice. If he ends up being trash im perfectly willing to admit how wrong i was.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pederson was too similar a play caller to Matt Nagy to hire immediately after firing Nagy, and Daboll looked too much like a fatter version of Matt Nagy.
Daboll is like Nagy but with common sense and without the control freak ego.

Tom Paris

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Sporting Kansas City
  1. Boston Celtics
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
He kept the Bears in most games with really bad talent. Team played hard all year. The guy can coach.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, I know it's too early to tell, but there are some themes and trends regarding playoff teams that are worth looking at. It's no secret that the NFL is now an offensive league and defense does not win you championships anymore; QB play does.

When looking at the top offenses in the league, 10 of the top 11 offenses made the playoffs this year. The lone team that did not make the playoffs were the Detroit Lions. Bears were 28th, FYI.

Among the remaining teams in the playoffs, 7 of the 8 have offensive backgrounds. The 8th coach is Sean McDermott with the Buffalo Bills.

There were 10 new head coaches this season. Of those 10, 4 had defensive backgrounds (Lovie, Eberflus, Dennis Allen, Todd Bowles) and 6 came from the offensive side (Pederson, Daboll, Kevin O'Connell, McDaniel, Hackett, and McDaniels). One from each side got fired (Lovie and Hackett). One from the defensive side made the playoffs (25%), and four from the offensive side made the playoffs (67%).

The hit rate and importance seem to lean towards offense. Now, obviously each team had drastically different circumstances where none of these comparisons are apples-to-apples. I just think it's interesting and something to monitor going forward the success of teams and their coaches' coaching background.

Should the Bears have hired Pederson or Daboll instead of Eberflus? Only time will tell.

You know Nagy also made it to the post season year one and won coach of the year... And Mitch was on the rise...

greg23

Liked Posts:
And mahomes was too much of a risk taker/gun slinger like cutler; can't draft him right after.

Bears usually have a 90% hit rate....on making the wrong decision

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Eberflus is essentially a mentor for Luke Getsy, who has a ton of experience, is an excellent defensive mind to pick apart, and laid out the blue print of building a great culture.

It’s all just a work in progress right now, but Getsy and Fields seem to have built a very solid relationship. The Bears made the right call IF Getsy is ultimately “the guy”.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Kayvon Thibodeaux?
Dexter Lawrence?
Leonard Williams?
Andrew Thomas?
Evan Neal?

The Giants aren't exactly devoid of talent outside of Barkley
They were 4-13 last year and no in divisional playoffs.

They have a couple good players but they still had Daniel Jones with little help at wr.

We still had a better running game. Mooney was better than any of their receivers coming jnto the season, Kmet and Jenkins with BJ at left tackle who might become something and yet…..

Just admit that Brian Daboll was the difference, imagine what he could have done with Fields.

You can keep trying to make your point but that team on paper stinks but they have a good coach with a very good offensive mind and we have a dude that says Hits every other word in every press conference.

Your argument just doesn’t hold any water!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
And this is why it kind of pisses me off that theres all this talk about JF finally being the franchise QB we`ve been waiting for and what are the bears talking about doing? Going defense with their first pick. Our first, second, third and fourth pick should be offense!!! Thats how you show a commitment to your guy. Spend that cap money to fix the defense. Stop with the lame ass trades for receivers others dont want. Im talking out of my ass right now because we dont know what theyll do but come the draft if this franchise doesnt address the offense like they should i think there are going to be a lot of pissed off fans. Ill be one of them.
Bears are going to squander a very real opportunity to mold a really good quarterback by focusing on defense, hiring a defensive head coach, hiring an OC who's never called plays, and ignoring offensive weapons. Lol, that is so Bears.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys realize a defense helps Fields win games too?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just find it funny that this board already knows how this turns out just after 1year.