Did Trubisky play with a Super Bowl talented team?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Who is starting?

Mitch signed with the Steelers a month before the draft. Am sure they worked him out further and gave him the playbook to study and came up with the same conclusion . . . "oh shit we better draft a qb . . ."

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Mitch signed with the Steelers a month before the draft. Am sure they worked him out further and gave him the playbook to study and came up with the same conclusion . . . "oh shit we better draft a qb . . ."
Mitch is gonna get a first shot to be the starter long term. If he does not earn it, then he does not keep it. I think he is gonna do well. Be top half of the league.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That Double Doink team was not good enough to win a Super Bowl. Anyone that thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yes it was. Trubs had 1 TD I believe and only out up 15 points. A good QB could put up 20-24 easy
Foles only put up 16. We should of won that game. Mitch got them into field goal range with the chance to win. I don’t think they win the Super Bowl even if they had won that game.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Foles only put up 16. We should of won that game. Mitch got them into field goal range with the chance to win. I don’t think they win the Super Bowl even if they had won that game.

That defense already embarrassed Goff and would have kept Brees and his dead arm in check. I don't think they would have beat NE though

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
This boards love child at one time Brian Daboll talked the talk about how great Mitch was as a backup with the Bills even tho he hardly used him in games. Mitch was fawning over Daboll . . .

when push came to shove and mitch became a free agent, Daboll was like, "Mitch who"?

The NFL isn't so black and white like that. Particularly, head coaches. don't make free agency decisions.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That defense already embarrassed Goff and would have kept Brees and his dead arm in check. I don't think they would have beat NE though
The defense wasn’t what I was worried about. If the Bears had to play the Rams I believe the game would have been in L.A. so it wouldn’t have been the same. The Saints would have been in New Orleans as well?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The defense wasn’t what I was worried about. If the Bears had to play the Rams I believe the game would have been in L.A. so it wouldn’t have been the same. The Saints would have been in New Orleans as well?

Goff wasn't beating that defense even if he played at home. Ditto with the Aints.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Goff wasn't beating that defense even if he played at home. Ditto with the Aints.
It’s easy to say it but impossible to prove it. With the injuries to the defensive backfield and our lack of offense it may have been a different scenario then we all think.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Here me out. No team is without flaws but my questions is. Were the Bears in 2017-2018 good enough to win the SuperBowl with better QB plays? The Bears defense was top 3, they had a true number 1 receiver (AROD) , Top 5 running back (Monty) and a decent oline. They really didn’t have any weakness besides QB right? Thoughts?

Thoughts?
Tight end was a problem. Anthony Miller fell short. But, yea, they could have won for sure