Did you draft any bears in your fantasy football leagues?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Did my first draft tonight and no Monty, Mooney, Kmet or Fields. I was deciding between ARob and Mooney and had to go with ARob so we'll see how that one works out. I almost took Kmet as my 2nd TE but already had K.Pitts as my starter and they have the same bye week so i passed on Kmet.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I got Monty in one league and Mooney in another

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I drafted all 4 in my league as late round flyers.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Normally bears players are on the Do Not Touch list but there are a few guys this year that are intriguing:

Mooney
Monty
Kmet
Fields

Anyone pull a homer moment and draft one of these guys? I took mooney as my WR3/Flex.
Most of my drafts are this weekend. Mooney is a good WR3/flex. Monty is a solid RB2, Kmet is a good TE if you need one and the top 6-7 are gone already. I would take fields in a dynasty. A QB2 in a keeper and maybe QB2 in a redraft

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most of my drafts are this weekend. Mooney is a good WR3/flex. Monty is a solid RB2, Kmet is a good TE if you need one and the top 6-7 are gone already. I would take fields in a dynasty. A QB2 in a keeper and maybe QB2 in a redraft
This is a pretty good assessment. I'd say Mooney is a good WR2, but a GREAT WR3. The one share I have he is my WR3 behind KAllen and Sutton. Love it. I have Kmet in a few dynasties, one where I start him with Ertz (we can start two TEs) and one where I have him behind Kelce and Pitts.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Anyone else see how yahoo ranked both Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon above Montgomery? That's cute how they think a backup would get more points than the best offensive player on the Bears.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Normally bears players are on the Do Not Touch list but there are a few guys this year that are intriguing:

Mooney
Monty
Kmet
Fields

Anyone pull a homer moment and draft one of these guys? I took mooney as my WR3/Flex.
I had targeted Hurts. He went. Jackson was gone. The top tier QBs were gone. I jumped a couple rounds and grabbed Fields in round 9, because I think he’s comparable to Lance, who was available at the time. I held my nose then drafted Cousins later as a veteran insurance policy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Saw some Bears fantasy names that were pretty good. I already use a couple of them.

Show me the Mooney
Darnell Mooned me
Mo Mooney Mo problems
Dark side of the Mooney
Soldier Fields
Fields of Dreams
Kmet me Bro--Love this one
You've Kmet your Match

One of my favorites--(BDE) BigDitkaEnergy

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I had targeted Hurts. He went. Jackson was gone. The top tier QBs were gone. I jumped a couple rounds and grabbed Fields in round 9, because I think he’s comparable to Lance, who was available at the time. I held my nose then drafted Cousins later as a veteran insurance policy.
I've drafted Cousins as my #2 in two leagues now. I think he's going to blow up in that K.O'Connell offense. I didn't even need a 2nd QB in one of them but took him anyway with 8 bench spots.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Did my first draft tonight and no Monty, Mooney, Kmet or Fields. I was deciding between ARob and Mooney and had to go with ARob so we'll see how that one works out. I almost took Kmet as my 2nd TE but already had K.Pitts as my starter and they have the same bye week so i passed on Kmet.
Yikes. Pitta in that offense, hard pass

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Mooney and the Cruisers

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I've got D. Mooney in every league(3 with one draft left). I have Kmet in one league and Fields as a backup to Mahomes.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Montgomery in the 5th, Mooney in the 8th, Gould in the 15th (he’ll always be a Bear to me), and Fields in the 16th.
Great value here. I'm just hoping Monty slips to the 4th in my redraft, which he probably will. They all hate on Bears via national media sources and past seasons of Nagy suckage & misuse. In fact I kind've got burned by Monty lately. He still might creep up b/c our draft is online and Yahoo ECR ranks are higher on him than ADP, and the draft cue defaults to this. Damn. Mooney been going as high as the 5th Rd after most Fantasy outlets are loving his upside. Fields is an excellent QB2 with high upside IMHO. Esp. in a keeper league. Kmet has major TD upside, having ZERO last year due to Nagy's idiocy in the red zone and preference for Jimmy Graham, who's no longer sniping targets. He's going to be hitting those seems and drag routes a lot if practice/preseason film is anything close to accurate.

No reason to draft Velus or Pringle IMO. They're never drafted and will be free, so long as one doesn't go bonkers in their first game and garner a bunch of attention. I'd go for some other late round fliers with more of a chance to be their team's WR2. Surprisingly I'm not THAT much of a homer. Will prob. draft a higher ranked D, but switch to Bears by week 3 when schedule goes cupcake for a month after SF & GB; unless they hit the field running hot vs. these two!? (hope so!)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I drafted Curtis Enis in round 3 and also got Mark Bradley late and then picked up Cade McNown as a free agent. I'm all set

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
First draft last night and had to take Monty in 2nd as in a non-PPR keeper league and a few RBs including Taylor were keepers so thin at RB.

Had planned to take Fields as QB2 but then Burrow was still sitting there in the 10 round so took him to go with Herbert who was one of my keepers.

Have 2 more dradtd on Monday.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I've drafted Cousins as my #2 in two leagues now. I think he's going to blow up in that K.O'Connell offense. I didn't even need a 2nd QB in one of them but took him anyway with 8 bench spots.
The fact he was available late and has two top 2 WRs and a 1 RB made him a perfect option to grab when I did. I now have Fields for after GB, when the schedule softens and we know what he looks like.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Helped my nephews out with their drafts one got Montgomery in the 4th or 5th round really good value there imo. The other got Mooney really late not bad to stash away and see what happens

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The fact he was available late and has two top 2 WRs and a 1 RB made him a perfect option to grab when I did. I now have Fields for after GB, when the schedule softens and we know what he looks like.
And if their TE Irv Smith can stay healthy then that'll help as well.