Disappointing Win

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I love the win don't get me wrong. Pumped about the D bouncing back from the loss last week, which was actually more satisfying than I originally thought because they learned from it and got the win yesterday.

But it's disappointing that the O just doesn't score points. I'm happy Nagy didn't give the game away but he didn't take the game either, just played possession football at the end. Does he not have confidence in his new QB1? Where is the explosive offense we've been told takes 3 years to put together? It wasn't on display yesterday, that's for sure.

I'm not hating on Feilds but it sure doesn't look good for him tryna become the star he should be destined to be with Nagy running the show.

Disappointing ?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields looked a lot like Trubisky yesterday...

Let's hope that fades quickly.

(Edit: Excluding his accuracy)

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A lot to like about the D, outside of the stupid penalties.

Gipson is simply not playing well as well as Shelley(no surprise). Hicks is lucky he didn't get another personal foul penalty. Quinn is actually getting to the QB, and I guess those that question Smith's ability can go feel free to shut the fuck up.

Just trade for fucking Callahan already and shore up the NB spot.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Shades of 2018/Lovie era.

The defense carried the offense.

Can the bears just once do what Green Bay/Erin Rodgers would have done if a bad opponent spots them 3 straight INTs and a fumble by hanging 40+ points on them/end it by halftime? Before I die?

And that's when I learned I'm not allowed to have nice things.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields didn't play well but Trubisky's deep passes were never that close. He would be several yards off.

I was referring more to his pocket awareness and his penchant for holding onto the ball too long.

Nagy of course didn't do him any help by forcing him to play from the pocket. Every single one of his passes came from the pocket.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wtf happened to the OL? They looked at least competent vs the Rams. Yesterday, they were a disaster.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I love the win don't get me wrong. Pumped about the D bouncing back from the loss last week, which was actually more satisfying than I originally thought because they learned from it and got the win yesterday.

But it's disappointing that the O just doesn't score points. I'm happy Nagy didn't give the game away but he didn't take the game either, just played possession football at the end. Does he not have confidence in his new QB1? Where is the explosive offense we've been told takes 3 years to put together? It wasn't on display yesterday, that's for sure.

I'm not hating on Feilds but it sure doesn't look good for him tryna become the star he should be destined to be with Nagy running the show.

Disappointing ?
It's pretty rare to have a Bears win that is not disappointing

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The narrative is completely different if Allen Robinson catches that long ball.
Exactly

The miss to Mooney may have been a little long but Mooney appeared to get turned for a step. Either way, connect on those two passes and there's at least 10 more points and everyone looks at the game different. Fields had a lot to learn, just like Wilson and Lawrence. When you're on the 4 and you're 2 TEs are covered by DBs you don't throw it to your speed WR with no room or time to develop the play. Graham is not what he once was but in the 4 with a DB on him he is still very good at the position game. Should have been an easy pitch and catch TD. That's 4 more points. Different outcome on 3 plays and they have a 30 point lead. Nagy didn't have time during the week to install two separate gameplans. If Dalton is out you'll see a different plan for Fields. Sit back and enjoy the ride. It may take most of the season for Fields to understand everything he's seeing. But when he does, it's going to be special.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Disappointing ?

If Arob closes his arms on the 35 yard dime for the would be tuddy and Mooney makes the catch on left sideline that hit him in the hands for another 20+ yard chunk play, the perception of Fields game is MUCH different.

Soldier Field would have been going nuts on the Arob play in particular.

That decision on the pick 6 looked all too familiar though, hopefully he proves he learns from mistakes.

I am horny af to watch the official start of the Justin Fields era this Sunday vs the Browns in Ohio. The script is being written. Full week of preparation with the 1’s for the first time. It’s fucking go time.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The 35 yard TD drop to Mr. "I need to get paid" Arob would have padded Fields stats to appease the disappointed.

This week he gets full reps with #1's to get the timing down.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Wtf happened to the OL? They looked at least competent vs the Rams. Yesterday, they were a disaster.
They threw passed 10 yards and the QB held the ball longer than what would have been 2020 NFL low 2.1 seconds.

The OL still accounts for a measly $13 mil.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Are the Bears not down to their 4th Left Tackle on their depth chart? Once this happens guys are sort of forced to play out of position and what not.

Mustipher's play has looked meh in the early going as well. He was sort of highlighted this year cause he was vocal about the added bulk he put on. He may have gained too quickly chowing down all those Portillo's and has had an effect on his quickness and recovery.

Last edited:

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:
Fields looked a lot like Trubisky yesterday...

Let's hope that fades quickly.
Ummm, we didn’t watch the same game. Fields looked nothing like Trubisky. I didn’t see a single overthrow. He didn’t check down every play. He even threw an accurate deep ball.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I was on the golf course and listened to the game, and the radio announcers indicated to me two things about Fields:

1) Like every rookie QB of all time, he is thinking instead of just playing.
2) The WRs let Fields down too many times.

Let's see how he looks with a full week of practice with the 1s. The Browns pass rush could knock him out of his shoes, so I'm prepared for a rough game. All the same, I'm expecting a few good plays from a special QB prospect to give us some confidence as well.