Disney to erase the Sequel Trilogy from cannon?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I highly doubt this will happen, but some decent points are made here. The sequels were not the money makers they were supposed to be and it’s hard to imagine shareholders are all too happy about that.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Would be a good idea if they get someone talented enough to put a good story together rather than push an agenda. There is so much source material to go with instead of the direction they took

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Would be a good idea if they get someone talented enough to put a good story together rather than push an agenda. There is so much source material to go with instead of the direction they took
Remember when Kathleen Kennedy said there wasn’t any Star Wars source material? And she went on to elaborate how there aren’t SW novels or comics to base things off. Good times.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I doubt they would ever do that, and honestly, I don't even think that would fix anything even if they did. The damage has been done by Abrams/Kennedy.

The only thing that will save Star Wars as a whole, is the new trilogy. They need to take it in another, more original direction and get it going on the right foot, otherwise it will just flop like the Abrams/Johnson/Abrams trilogy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Star Wars should be taken out back and shot in the back of the head

If Star Wars was a girl she'd be a meth addict that was sexually abused by her father and sold off to multiple oil sheiks.

Its time to move and make something that isn't stupid.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Disney remakes the Black Hole soon. I heard the script was already written, but it was too dark for Disney. Which means it was probably good.

My guess is the the rewrite will have a band of merry SJWs in space fighting an evil corporation and VINCENT will be a transexual robot.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I highly doubt this will happen, but some decent points are made here. The sequels were not the money makers they were supposed to be and it’s hard to imagine shareholders are all too happy about that.
I think 90% of SW fans have already erased it from both the cannon, and their minds.

It doesn't really matter anyway, in the sense the original cast of SW isn't long on the Earth. I guess they could make CGs of the original cast, like they did to poor Peter Cushing ( Grand Moff Tarkin). But basically the chance to use them came and went. It's over.

They should have done the Timothy Zahn Thrawn trilogy, immediately following the prequels, before the cast was too old. Or just recast those rolls after Disney bought it out (for the Thrawn films). Or covered the period where Darth Vader tracked down and killed all the remaining Jedi.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think 90% of SW fans have already erased it from both the cannon, and their minds.

It doesn't really matter anyway, in the sense the original cast of SW isn't long on the Earth. I guess they could make CGs of the original cast, like they did to poor Peter Cushing ( Grand Moff Tarkin). But basically the chance to use them came and went. It's over.

They should have done the Timothy Zahn Thrawn trilogy, immediately following the prequels, before the cast was too old. Or just recast those rolls after Disney bought it out (for the Thrawn films). Or covered the period where Darth Vader tracked down and killed all the remaining Jedi.
Couple things. First the prequels should have started with Anakin at the age he was in AOTC, ROTS should have been episode 2, and episode 3 should have been Vader and the clones subjugating the galaxy and wrecking Jedi.

The sequels absolutely should have been the Thrawn trilogy. Star Wars seemingly wants to head in that direction with rumors about shows based on that time period. What a missed opportunity.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Couple things. First the prequels should have started with Anakin at the age he was in AOTC, ROTS should have been episode 2, and episode 3 should have been Vader and the clones subjugating the galaxy and wrecking Jedi.

The sequels absolutely should have been the Thrawn trilogy. Star Wars seemingly wants to head in that direction with rumors about shows based on that time period. What a missed opportunity.
Yep, totally! Speaking of the prequels... watching Return of the Sith, you get the feeling it's rushed, has to cover too much ground. Lucas should have broken the last film into two parts. Which is basically what you're saying, except I enjoyed Ep 1. And got to love having one more Lucas Star War film.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yep, totally! Speaking of the prequels... watching Return of the Sith, you get the feeling it's rushed, has to cover too much ground. Lucas should have broken the last film into two parts. Which is basically what you're saying, except I enjoyed Ep 1. And got to love having one more Lucas Star War film.
I think you’re right about Rots. It was originally planned on being like 4 hours. I also agree about phantom menace. Does not deserve nearly as much flack as it got, I really enjoyed characters like Qui Gonn who was the “ideal Jedi” versus the rest of the Jedi, including obi wan which was cool because George gave him flaws despite being from the OT, who had clearly lost their way. Not sure if you’ve seen them but the animated series on Disney+ are well worth the watch. It adds a whole new element for the prequel era with TCW and Rebels is a cool look into the early days of the rebellion.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think you’re right about Rots. It was originally planned on being like 4 hours. I also agree about phantom menace. Does not deserve nearly as much flack as it got, I really enjoyed characters like Qui Gonn who was the “ideal Jedi” versus the rest of the Jedi, including obi wan which was cool because George gave him flaws despite being from the OT, who had clearly lost their way. Not sure if you’ve seen them but the animated series on Disney+ are well worth the watch. It adds a whole new element for the prequel era with TCW and Rebels is a cool look into the early days of the rebellion.
I saw all of The Clone Wars animated series on Netflix. I liked it. There were some really strong arcs, and others I couldn't wait until they finished. And what a trippy ending with Yoda?

I've heard good things about Rebels, but I haven't seen it. I got the free trail to watch The Mandalorian. I had to go on a trip, and come back to finish watching Baby Yoda, so I still have satanic Disney. I'll have to check it out Rebels.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I saw all of The Clone Wars animated series on Netflix. I liked it. There were some really strong arcs, and others I couldn't wait until they finished. And what a trippy ending with Yoda?

I've heard good things about Rebels, but I haven't seen it. I got the free trail to watch The Mandalorian. I had to go on a trip, and come back to finish watching Baby Yoda, so I still have satanic Disney. I'll have to check it out Rebels.
Have you seen season 7 of TCW??? It’s new on Disney+ and totally worth it. Makes ROTS more sad IMHO. Rebels is slightly more kids oriented, but it’s still very good. Not as good but still good.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Have you seen season 7 of TCW??? It’s new on Disney+ and totally worth it. Makes ROTS more sad IMHO. Rebels is slightly more kids oriented, but it’s still very good. Not as good but still good.
No, I didn't even know there was a 7th season. The 6th was the last I saw. I'll check that out first. Thanks!

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You all know it is gonna happen....... how long til the reboot?

I was a little guy for 4-6, was let down by 1-3, and never bothered for the last 3.

I think a heavy hand eliminating fluff and trimming it down to fewer movies would make a mint- especially if they went the deadpool route and made it adult oriented.

For a long while I hated reboot or new imaginings.
Then fury road happened. The road warrior series was my favorite as a kid, and fury road blew them away.

I think I could really get in to a concise and adult re telling of the star wars story condensed and well written.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You all know it is gonna happen....... how long til the reboot?

I was a little guy for 4-6, was let down by 1-3, and never bothered for the last 3.

I think a heavy hand eliminating fluff and trimming it down to fewer movies would make a mint- especially if they went the deadpool route and made it adult oriented.

For a long while I hated reboot or new imaginings.
Then fury road happened. The road warrior series was my favorite as a kid, and fury road blew them away.

I think I could really get in to a concise and adult re telling of the star wars story condensed and well written.
While the Prequels are very clearly not as good as the OT, I look back fondly on them and I think time has done them justice. It wasn’t the story that was bad, it was everything else. That’s the complete opposite of the sequels.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
While the Prequels are very clearly not as good as the OT, I look back fondly on them and I think time has done them justice. It wasn’t the story that was bad, it was everything else. That’s the complete opposite of the sequels.

I dont know what our age difference is, but I would guess I have some years on you.
Were I younger I might not have minded a bunch of the fluff in the prequels or been so grumpy about shoehorning in so many tie ins to 4-6.

Everything felt dumber down.

It is interesting the way it unfolded.
People popping in with murky backstories from 4 on, you had to really watch things closely to see what was what because characters came and went so swiftly.
It took careful watching to stay on track.
Retroactively though, everything became semi predictable with the prequels.

Looking back it was very child oriented, but the way they came out it didnt feel that way- they felt adult.

The movies didnt really change, I did.

I do think a retelling geared towards the fan base of the original 3 and even the prequels would be awesome, and it would likely make a mint. I know I would be in the theater day 1 to see a darker, more brutal telling.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The best part about rebels was mandalorians thrawn maul and the inquisitors. Sidius owning maul and savage was really good to you really see how powerful he is

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The best part about rebels was mandalorians thrawn maul and the inquisitors. Sidius owning maul and savage was really good to you really see how powerful he is
There’s a very specific duel in a Sith temple, and I don’t want to name names because of potential spoilers, that I thought was done perfectly. Some of the best Star Wars to ever come out of the animations.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I want this.

z-memes-75.jpg