DK Metcalf Trade Options

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
PULL THE TRIGGER POLES!!

Offer them Monty, Roquan and 2nd round pick!

Quan is elite

Yes try to make the trade. Don't give up our best player. If you can get a contract extension in place, and we are not picking in the top 5 maybe 10, trade next year's first straight up.

First round picks are still a gamble and every fan would be thrilled if we selected a Metcalf level WR in the first. So take away the gamble. We have 150 million to spend next year without many quality players to sign.

This is a no brainer to me. Front load his contract best year to leave plenty of cap for Fields. I really don't see how we are going to spend all that cap. A big FA or trade contract is coming.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
in today's NFL you do not build around a LB and RB.
Lol this is why fans are dumb. If you believe this to be true, why is Seattle making this deal then? Two expiring contracts of a LB and RB you ‘do not build around’ yet THEY have to take all the risk and pay two instead of one?

They’re rebuilding just like the bears. They want picks. It’s long past time the bears stop giving them away when they’re looking like a team picking top 5 next spring in the draft.

Metcalf is going to cost a 1st and a 3rd at least. Seattle holds all the cards here. Would he be nice to have? Sure. But he doesn’t fix the dogshit OLine fans stupidly expect to get better with a mere scheme change; he won’t fix the offense, and the bears are 2/3 years best case scenario from ‘win now.’

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm kind of torn because DK would be a pretty perfect fit for this offense. Big, deep threat, good after the catch because of his size. But there's 0 chance the Ryan Poles is going to give up a likely 1st round pick and maybe more just to pay him 20M on a team where they aren't 100% sure they have a QB yet. Also, they gotta pay Mooney soon. After everything Poles has preached, and everything he has NOT done this offseason, he can't turn around and give up valuable picks for a WR.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Wow didn't know that either. Does DK want to come to Chicago? Seattle is a sweet city. Pretty and peaceful. Spent 2 years there. I wouldn't come to Chicago if I was him.
I would doubt that Seattle would let a young talent like Metcalf leave.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Give them 2023 1st...I mean most want a WR with that pick anyway so why not get a proven star!?
throw in Quinn and a 4th too

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
And wouldn't be as good as DK
I like DK, but he's pretty overrated honestly. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him and he'd be a good fit with Fields but I'd say he's on the outside of the elite receiver conversation and I don't think people realize that

msadows

Liked Posts:
PULL THE TRIGGER POLES!!

Love the idea of DK and paying him.

Dont love the idea of trading roquan.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Eh

I wouldn't exactly put DK in the top 10 of NFL WRs

People said t he same thing about stefon diggs until he got traded to buffalo.

Feel like DK could have the same career boom w/ fields. His skill set matches justin's so perfectly. Mooney would feast on the opposite side in single coverage

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Feel like DK could have the same career boom w/ fields. His skill set matches justin's so perfectly. Mooney would feast on the opposite side in single coverage
What does Justin do better than Wilson did? I don't disagree DK is a good fit, but he's not going to all of a sudden be getting a good qb, he was with a potential HOF who throws a great deep ball already

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
What does Justin do better than Wilson did? I don't disagree DK is a good fit, but he's not going to all of a sudden be getting a good qb, he was with a potential HOF who throws a great deep ball already
Couldn’t agree more. In Seattle, Lockett seemed to be Wilson’s go to deep ball guy. I don’t think they had a true number 1 Wr between DK and Lockett. So the only benefit of DK coming to the Bears is he becomes that true #1 and more than likely the deep ball guy. Doesn’t mean his stats get any better though.

Liked Posts:
PULL THE TRIGGER POLES!!

How about Quinn a 3rd and a 5th if even that much? I would love to trade for Metcalf, but damn, SIMMER DOWN!

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Yeah because Dk wasn't already playing with an elite QB. FFS.

Bust

Liked Posts:
How about Quinn a 3rd and a 5th? I would love to trade for Metcalf, but damn, SIMMER DOWN!

why the hell would seattle make that trade? lol.

24 year old WR too . . . not happenin