DLine

chuck3671

Liked Posts:
As much as I hate to say it (because I want an Oline influx of talent in the worst way), the DLine is probably the worst unit on the team. Only Justin Jones was a top 100 pick. Everyone else, including the linebackers, was a day 3 or lower pick. It showed in the Miami game.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Blackson and Mohammed aren't doing much and are really backup level players. I thought Blackson would play a little better honestly. Jones may be the only keeper on the DL.

greg23

Liked Posts:
They're all backup level players who should be getting minimal plays not 30-60 snaps and starting

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Justin Fields keeps playing like this, he is going to make just about any OL look better than it is...so the OL needs more bodies, but not necessarily premium picks and I would love a veteran at center that isn't as useless as that Packer castoff.

So, yes please and thank you, invest that first round pick in the DL. The entire thing is mediocre on its best day and completely overmatched on its worst.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
As the guys on the score just said, the defense is bad by design. Signing a bunch of players to short term contract's and then trading 2 of your best within the front seven. This is all done purposely with thought. There will be a reallocation of resources moving forward.

I don't anticipate the bears making any major significant additions to the LB core. My theory is they will want to get after the QB, have guys that can make some plays on the backend against the pass while being a bit softer against the run. Because In today's NFL it's important to be able to score quickly. If a team takes 8 minutes grinding out a drive on your defense that's not going to cut the mustard when you have an offense that can score in 4 minutes or less.

Get after the QB, have some guys that can cover and take the ball away on the backend, be a bit softer against the run and have an explosive offense. That's the modern day formula.

chuck3671

Liked Posts:
I agree but we're bad in both trenches and need significant help in both. We need 3 new o-line and 3 new D line ...

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Pass rush has been non existent from the DE spot.

Gipson, Muhammed, and Robinson are invisible out there.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Muhammad is the worst edge rusher by far in the NFL. I think we go hard after Javon Hargrove in the offseason. Ian Cunningham connection there. Make it happen. That rush up the middle changes everything.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree but we're bad in both trenches and need significant help in both. We need 3 new o-line and 3 new D line ...
That pretty well summarizes it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Ideally the oline looks like:

Jones
Leatherwood
FA
Jenkins
FA (Conklin)

Borom swing T
Carter swing G
Patrick backup C/G
Rookie or 2nd year player

Dline needs juice from early in the draft

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
They had a bunch of bodies left over from a completely different base defense I don't know what you're expecting.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Justin Fields keeps playing like this, he is going to make just about any OL look better than it is...so the OL needs more bodies, but not necessarily premium picks and I would love a veteran at center that isn't as useless as that Packer castoff.

So, yes please and thank you, invest that first round pick in the DL. The entire thing is mediocre on its best day and completely overmatched on its worst.

Free agency. Several good options there

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ideally the oline looks like:

Jones
Leatherwood
FA
Jenkins
FA (Conklin)

Borom swing T
Carter swing G
Patrick backup C/G
Rookie or 2nd year player

Dline needs juice from early in the draft

Why is everyone so quick to get rid of Whitehair?

greg23

Liked Posts:
And insert Leatherwood who has shown nothing at this point?
Based on the assumption that they get Leatherwood into the lineup this season and shows something

Think he can be like Jenkins and excel at guard on left side

Dumping whitehair is cash move to spend elsewhere

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
dline gonna get rebuilt in free agency first
dremont jones has to be number 1 on the priority for poles, great 3T and is only 26, if denver lets him walk, ideal guy for this defense
daron payne would be great at NT but will prob demand too much money.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Poles isn't afraid to use resources on defense. He'll be investing heavily on the defensive line this offseason.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why is everyone so quick to get rid of Whitehair?
I agree....particularly at this point in time where his dead cap money is only a few mill less than his actual cap hit. Keep him this year until 2024 when the difference doubles. Besides, it doesn't hurt to have a vet or two in the OL room.