Do the Bears let Pace draft another QB?

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
Outside of first round picks he kinda is, TBH.

The guy has been great in finding talent outside the top picks. Just sucks with those first rounders.
He's done well in the mid rounds but you need to hit on those 1st rounders because that is where you typically find that true blue chip player that changes your franchise.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
Steve Keim drafted a fucking bum in Josh Rosen, he owned up to it and fixed the situation with kyler murray.

No one will remember the fact he picked rosen because they have murray now.

Every gm fucks up.
Not quite spectacularly as Pace though. This fuckhead traded up against himself to select a bust QB over one potential HOF and one all pro.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not quite spectacularly as Pace though. This fuckhead traded up against himself to select a bust QB over one potential HOF and one all pro.

I'll hold out on the all pro talk about watson. Obv he's better than mitch but he is not the same guy without hopkins this year. He looks every bit of mediocre.

No one was taking Mahomes at #2. Can I blame him for missing on him? Sure but I get that one.

It's still just as bad. He literally drafted a qb the next year after he drafted a bust. No one will remember the bust because he picked the right qb this time.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Yes because he is still the gm. The bears have never interfered with what a gm has wanted. If they don't feel he can make the pick then they will fire him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hey, look at the positives, least we didn't draft jordan love over a wide receiver.

Now that was a dumbass move.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ryan Pace can stay as GM as long as Nagy gets 100% authority on the QB he wants to draft. Pace has lost all credibility at that position.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
tenor.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ryan Pace can stay as GM as long as Nagy gets 100% authority on the QB he wants to draft. Pace has lost all credibility at that position.

Says the jitterbug. They should of never allowed you kids to bring your phones to school...LOL

Bust

Liked Posts:
Franchise changers can be found anywhere in the draft

From an earlier thread, below list is what keeps Pace employed. Has also done well in free agency landing Hicks when his value was low after both the saints and pats cut him. Graham looks like it's gonna payoff big if the trend continues

Adrian Amos, 5th round
Nick Kwiatkowski, 4th round
Deon Bush, 4th round
Jordan Howard, 5th round
Eddie Jackson, 4th round
Tarek Cohen, 4th round
Bilai Nichols, 5th round
Javon Wims, 7th round
Darnell Mooney, 5th round
etc
etc

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Pace should be given the opportunity to select another QB and it won't even be much of a discussion by the end of the year once Bears make the playoffs.

Plenty of teams QB picks are looking meh.....the goal is to build playoff caliber teams. The Bears are 23-12 since hiring Nagy and that was a decision Pace should be credited with. Message Board warriors were looking elsewhere at John D Fellipo, etc..

If Foles turns out well, it could be argued Pace and Nagy worked well together to mutually find a productive QB. In essence they would be 1/1 together at QB and be a great duo going to the playoffs 2/3 years. If that's the case, you don't fix what isn't broken.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think if Foles does well, then there is no need to draft a QB next year. If he does poorly, then yes...draft another QB. Why wouldn't you let Pace draft one? Yea, he made a big mistake...but he made good choices elsewhere. He seems to learn from his mistakes.

Because his ability to identify OG talent isn't really relevant.

GMs do not generally survive missing on top 5 QBs because of the damage is does to the franchise. Pace traded up and made a historically bad pick at QB, I am not sure why anyone would want him making another one.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Outside of first round picks he kinda is, TBH.

The guy has been great in finding talent outside the top picks. Just sucks with those first rounders.

Also spends way too much in free agency for the amount he misses. Does not seem to understand how to value players and trades.

He is solid on day 3 of the draft, that shouldn't save your job.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also spends way too much in free agency for the amount he misses. Does not seem to understand how to value players and trades.

He is solid on day 3 of the draft, that shouldn't save your job.

I think he's actually been very solid in FA.

You need to take your hater goggles off. Every GM misses in FA especially.

His misses in the first round are inexcusable, but he's found some really solid talent in the 2nd and later rounds that have brought this team back from being one of the 5 worst in the NFL.

You like to cry a lot now. You cried nonstop about ifedi and now he's fitting in well. It's like you should wait to watch people play football before you dick rip? Your negativity has been astonishing the last year or so.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Franchise changers can be found anywhere in the draft

From an earlier thread, below list is what keeps Pace employed. Has also done well in free agency landing Hicks when his value was low after both the saints and pats cut him. Graham looks like it's gonna payoff big if the trend continues

Adrian Amos, 5th round
Nick Kwiatkowski, 4th round
Deon Bush, 4th round
Jordan Howard, 5th round
Eddie Jackson, 4th round
Tarek Cohen, 4th round
Bilai Nichols, 5th round
Javon Wims, 7th round
Darnell Mooney, 5th round
etc
etc

TRUE! And his record in the 2nd round isn't too shabby either

Eddie Goldman
Cody Whitehair
James Daniel's
Anthony Miller
Jaylon Johnson

Also, while Pace gets shat on for his 1st rd picks, he has only had 3 of them. He hasn't had one the last two years..Pace hits alot and I'm sure over time the numbers would work themselves out

msadows

Liked Posts:
Point and case, people were cunting about him signing jimmy graham for 8million when we had the worst TE group in our 100 year team history.

Now it seems like a solid pickup.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barring a miracle at this point, Bears have to draft a QB. Doesn't matter who is the GM.

msadows

Liked Posts:
TRUE! And his record in the 2nd round isn't too shabby either

Eddie Goldman
Cody Whitehair
James Daniel's
Anthony Miller
Jaylon Johnson

Also, while Pace gets shat on for his 1st rd picks, he has only had 3 of them. He hasn't had one the last two years..Pace hits alot and I'm sure over time the numbers would work themselves out

Unless a gm is hitting 90% he isn't good in CCS's eyes.

I've previously posted other GM's track records who won Executive of the Year. Their track records aren't exactly pretty.

I've posted this stat before, but nagy drafted as many pro bowlers(yes, mitch, i know) in 2017 as the patriots have since 2010.

He missed on the qb position, and thats inexcusable, but other than that he's done okay, IMO. Has he been fantastic? Hell no. Is he a complete clueless moron? Nope, because we've seen those.

Do I trust him to draft another QB? Sure, with nagy's input.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Were going to be picking in the 20s probably. Could we get a franchise QB there? I don't think so. I think we don't draft one next year cause our draft position. Probably in 2022