Do the Bears let Pace draft another QB?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Question in title

I know fans here would prefer he didn't, but do you think management will let Pace take another shot at drafting/developing a QB?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Depending on how this season finishes and the way it is trending, I think Pace is around next year to draft another QB. My assumption would be the Bears squeak into the playoffs with Foles.

Bears let Trubisky walk, keep Foles and draft a QB.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If the Bears make the playoffs, I think it would be unlikely Pace gets fired. Given where the Bears are likely to pick, they probably will not be picking a legitimate franchise type QB in the draft next year anyway.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
If he still has a job after this season (its early, but the team seems on track to make PO and imo that would keep Pace here for 2021), then yes. Unless we somehow get Chip Kelly Foles, QB is now again a huge need on the roster, if the right QB falls you have to let him take a swing. With that said, I would blanket veto any potential trades involving future picks, you don't let him rob the future to save right now.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Question in title

I know fans here would prefer he didn't, but do you think management will let Pace take another shot at drafting/developing a QB?

I think if Foles does well, then there is no need to draft a QB next year. If he does poorly, then yes...draft another QB. Why wouldn't you let Pace draft one? Yea, he made a big mistake...but he made good choices elsewhere. He seems to learn from his mistakes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think if Foles does well, then there is no need to draft a QB next year. If he does poorly, then yes...draft another QB. Why wouldn't you let Pace draft one? Yea, he made a big mistake...but he made good choices elsewhere. He seems to learn from his mistakes.

Picking a QB is hard. Even the best looking college prospects can turn out like turds.

I would let Pace draft one again, but Nagy would have to have heavy input and get his pick of the litter essentially. I trust nagy much more than I do pace as far as QB.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Are you kidding me?

Pace quite possibly made the biggest draft blunder in Chicago sports history,you absolutely do not allow him to draft another QB

Not even close. Mitch was bad, but he at least put forward some good performances.

Most disappointing draft pick? Sure. Floyd and White were both top 10 picks and easily worse than mitch.

He hit and missed, it happens.

msadows

Liked Posts:
pace has hit home runs in the 4th and later rounds. Draft a project there

If foles can put forward a decent season he is capable of holding us over until we develop the next guy up.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well foxie wanted watson, so there is that.
Fair point. Nagy was with the Chiefs though who took Mahomes. Obviously, Reid probably played into that decision. Do we know who Nagy wanted in the 2017 draft? I can't remember anymore.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
No more QB selections individually. Make the decision on a QB as a collective group involving scouts and Nagy. And no more of this cocksure trade up bullshit. You are not the smartest guy in the room.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Steve Keim drafted a fucking bum in Josh Rosen, he owned up to it and fixed the situation with kyler murray.

No one will remember the fact he picked rosen because they have murray now.

Every gm fucks up.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Are you kidding me?

Pace quite possibly made the biggest draft blunder in Chicago sports history,you absolutely do not allow him to draft another QB
Mike Glennon, Chase Daniel, Trubisky over Watson and Mahommes. He should not be allowed to bring in any QB without Nagy's approval. Had Pace properly researched and spoken with Watson and Mahommes, he may not have drafted Mitch. He was stuck to Mitch like a frat boy on a coed and was blinded.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yes. Pace will draft the QB Nagy says he wants for his offense.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
As long as he doesn’t think he’s the smartest guy in the room anymore and actually listens to input from others, yes. The world told him to take Watson and we know how that ended, can’t make that mistake again

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
He should have been drafting QB's en masse, every year, one or so.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No more QB selections individually. Make the decision on a QB as a collective group involving scouts and Nagy. And no more of this cocksure trade up bullshit. You are not the smartest guy in the room.

Outside of first round picks he kinda is, TBH.

The guy has been great in finding talent outside the top picks. Just sucks with those first rounders.