Do the right thing Poles...

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Fire Eberflus and hire Getsy as head coach after the season cause Getsy gonna get poached and you'll be stuck with sHITS.

Unfortunately he won't do it, Flus is his guy. Everyone needs a sword to die on I guess.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears don't fire coaches after one season and I don't know why you would fire Eberflus anyways. It isn't like he has much to work with on this team lol. Besides, this is a pretty kneejerk reaction to half a season. I'd like Fields to have continuity at OC as well, but there's only so much you can do.

Couldn't you just offer Getsy a promotion to assistant HC along with a hefty pay bump to keep other teams from trying to poach him? That said, it's normally not a very considerate move by an employer to block your talent from vertical career moves (even outside the organization), so you'd obviously want to have a candid discussion with Getsy about his aspirations and his value here. Ultimately if he wants to get a HC position immediately, you'd be better off helping him as a GM than being an obstacle to that. Then you could start planning a replacement now if need be.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The Bears don't fire coaches after one season and I don't know why you would fire Eberflus anyways. It isn't like he has much to work with on this team lol. Besides, this is a pretty kneejerk reaction to half a season. I'd like Fields to have continuity at OC as well, but there's only so much you can do.

Couldn't you just offer Getsy a promotion to assistant HC along with a hefty pay bump to keep other teams from trying to poach him? That said, it's normally not a very considerate move by an employer to block your talent from vertical career moves (even outside the organization), so you'd obviously want to have a candid discussion with Getsy about his aspirations and his value here. Ultimately if he wants to get a HC position immediately, you'd be better off helping him as a GM than being an obstacle to that. Then you could start planning a replacement now if need be.
Good answer, I think Getsy stays a couple of more years to work with Fields, if he becomes top 5 QB he can write his own ticket and not end up like Hackett.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
Getsy is a product of Fields. Without Fields being a one man show what would we think of Getsy. Ok so he has called run plays for him...most non football people could have figured that out. It's like people gushing that the Bears are a great running team...No Fields is an amazing runner. The rest of the run game is average.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
Herbert has been really good. Partly do to the threat of Fields running, but I take the average run game and change it to above average.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getsy is a product of Fields. Without Fields being a one man show what would we think of Getsy. Ok so he has called run plays for him...most non football people could have figured that out. It's like people gushing that the Bears are a great running team...No Fields is an amazing runner. The rest of the run game is average.
Getsy is a very talented play caller, no idea what you're watching. FFS this team is averaging around 200 yards per game on the ground and that was before the intervention with the offense which he changed mid-season. yeah, he's a product of Fields lol. Just like Nagy was a product of Fields last year ? No, Nagy sucked. Night/Day difference between the two play callers. Have you not been watching the Kmet revival tour ? You think that is all becaues Fields can run ?

mecha

Liked Posts:
Getsy is a very talented play caller, no idea what you're watching. FFS this team is averaging around 200 yards per game on the ground and that was before the intervention with the offense which he changed mid-season. yeah, he's a product of Fields lol. Just like Nagy was a product of Fields last year ? No, Nagy sucked. Night/Day difference between the two play callers. Have you not been watching the Kmet revival tour ? You think that is all becaues Fields can run ?
so many shitty takes

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Nagy looked great after one year too, getting the most out of Trubisky who has proved out to be a decent backup QB.

Not saying Fields sucks or that Getsy isn't the real deal, we just got to see how the league responds to him in year 2 and see what happens before crown Getsy as an offensive genius. Early returns are good though!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy looked great after one year too, getting the most out of Trubisky who has proved out to be a decent backup QB.

Not saying Fields sucks or that Getsy isn't the real deal, we just got to see how the league responds to him in year 2 and see what happens before crown Getsy as an offensive genius. Early returns are good though!
No, he didn't. Most teams caught up with him around week 8 of that year.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
Comparing him to Nagy? lol. Yes he is a product of Fields. I like Kmet, and yes he has benefited from having Fields. Again my point was most football people not named Nagy would use Fields like this. If that makes Getsy great so be it. Third and two and your QB runs for a 60+ TD on an end run...Bill Walsh could not have drawn that one up... There have been some nice plays drawn up for Kmet and i like it. 2 or 3 a game does not make an OC that great. Just my opinion. Not a Getsy hater, just not ready to crown him yet.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Couldn't you just offer Getsy a promotion to assistant HC along with a hefty pay bump to keep other teams from trying to poach him?

No. Teams can’t block promotions. If another team offers him a HC gig the bears can’t block him from taking it.

As for Getsy, after the same conversation with Adam Gase in 2015, if someone poaches him he may prove to just be an awesome coordinator and not leader of men.

With Der Flus brimming with good things to say about his old friend/boss Frank Reich, getting him on the staff as a back up/just in case scenario wouldn’t be a bad alternative.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Comparing him to Nagy? lol. Yes he is a product of Fields. I like Kmet, and yes he has benefited from having Fields. Again my point was most football people not named Nagy would use Fields like this. If that makes Getsy great so be it. Third and two and your QB runs for a 60+ TD on an end run...Bill Walsh could not have drawn that one up... There have been some nice plays drawn up for Kmet and i like it. 2 or 3 a game does not make an OC that great. Just my opinion. Not a Getsy hater, just not ready to crown him yet.
I think that you are right. I'd say that it would be too early for Getsy to leave. He needs to prove himself as an offensive coordinator before anyone think him ready to take over a football team as a head coach for goodness sake. It really remains to be seen what both Getsy as well as Eberflus are able to do with this team next year after a full draft and free agent signings. Right now it looks great and I am certainly optimistic but both of these guys need to prove themselves.

mecha

Liked Posts:
it would help Getsy's street cred later if he ultimately turns Fields into a superstar. I don't see him being a bitchass and pulling a Gase.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Nagys offense never looked good. Aside from a game against Tampa Bay

The defense carried him to his wins early on

beantacos

Liked Posts:
Guessing Getsy wouldn't want to take a job with any dumpster fire that would be dumb enough offer a 1-st year OC.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Last time people wanted to fire the HC just to promote an OC that they couldn't possibly lose.......it was Adam Gase.

1 winning season followed by 22-42 record in 2 places over his last 4 years. He's now coaching middle school football somewhere, I'm sure. Be careful what you wish for.