Do the right thing Poles...

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's a weird feeling as Bears fans thinking our coaches will be poached for HC gigs lol. I think Getsy will get some looks this offseason, but hopefully the opportunities are shit and he decides to stay another year with Fields.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Good answer, I think Getsy stays a couple of more years to work with Fields, if he becomes top 5 QB he can write his own ticket and not end up like Hackett.
I think if Getsy can get Fields and the Bears offense more balanced, but yet dangerous, then I think he will be a commodity. But, he ain't there yet...

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
He was a finalist for the Broncos job last year so it wouldn't be surprising if he's a finalist again there this year (assuming they can Hackett which I think is likely). Regardless, the blueprint for how to use Fields and use him effectively has been shown. Another OC isn't going to come in here and change a bunch of shit that is producing 30+ points week after week despite having limited talent.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
2015 was fun. If the Bears won then the next week was spent crying about Fangio and Gase getting hired as head coaches. If the Bears lost the next week was spent whining about how they're both actually terrible and deserved to be fired.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Getsy looks good because he was able to not be blinded by ego, unlike the prior regime.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Fire Eberflus and hire Getsy as head coach after the season cause Getsy gonna get poached and you'll be stuck with sHITS.

Unfortunately he won't do it, Flus is his guy. Everyone needs a sword to die on I guess.

Just curious, you say that the coaches and players are all paid actors. With this in mind, would it matter who the Bears retain or keep on their coaching staff if they're all paid actors anyway?

Also, why would it be super important for any team to poach Getsy if he's just a paid actor?

Bust

Liked Posts:
This dude so good on the mic. Natural leader and only 23 #woah

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Just curious, you say that the coaches and players are all paid actors. With this in mind, would it matter who the Bears retain or keep on their coaching staff if they're all paid actors anyway?

Also, why would it be super important for any team to poach Getsy if he's just a paid actor?
It matters for the narrative of the league only but yes you're right in the grand scheme of it all it doesn't matter, Bears gonna be "duh Bears" no matter what until the script calls for something else.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
It's almost like I got the script myself.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fire Eberflus and hire Getsy as head coach after the season cause Getsy gonna get poached and you'll be stuck with sHITS.

Unfortunately he won't do it, Flus is his guy. Everyone needs a sword to die on I guess.
Move Getsy to safety

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It matters for the narrative of the league only but yes you're right in the grand scheme of it all it doesn't matter, Bears gonna be "duh Bears" no matter what until the script calls for something else.
Teams looking for a head coach are going to ask ,can Getsy put a team together on both sides of the ball without a generational talent at the quarterback position?

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
He was a finalist for the Broncos job last year so it wouldn't be surprising if he's a finalist again there this year (assuming they can Hackett which I think is likely). Regardless, the blueprint for how to use Fields and use him effectively has been shown. Another OC isn't going to come in here and change a bunch of shit that is producing 30+ points week after week despite having limited talent.

Yeah the Broncos were trying to figure out which Packers coach they should hire, thinking it would maybe help facilitate a Rodgers deal. Looks like they might have picked the wrong guy. Was Denver his only interview?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
This shit talk sounds so much like the Kellen Moore talk from this time last year. Halfway through the 2021 season it was like can Nagy now and get this guy to Chicago asap. Fact is Nagy will never get another shot at HC and Moore looks like a career OC.

Halfway through this season Getsy is proving to be a good OC, but right now that's all he is. If and when Getsy moves on, I would say Andrew Janocko is being groomed to take Getsy's place.

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:
Since Daboll left Buff to become NY's head coach Allen and The Bills offense looks fine. Getsy leaving wouldn't automatically mean Field will drop off.

So far Eberflus seems to have an eye for talented OCs so if/when Getsy departs there's a good chance Matt will have a backup candidate in line.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
Getsy is a very talented play caller, no idea what you're watching. FFS this team is averaging around 200 yards per game on the ground and that was before the intervention with the offense which he changed mid-season. yeah, he's a product of Fields lol. Just like Nagy was a product of Fields last year ? No, Nagy sucked. Night/Day difference between the two play callers. Have you not been watching the Kmet revival tour ? You think that is all becaues Fields can run ?
Well this didn't age very well. A talented play caller? Remember in middle school when you had the best athlete ? You put him at QB and ran sweeps with him and he ran all over teams. That is what this idiot tries to do in the NFL. And then at the end of the game you keep at it, hoping that he is superman. This guy is not an NFL play caller. He belongs at a low level college or high school. At this point in the game you have four downs to make a first. Quick throws, you pick up first downs. 31 of 32 OC's in the NFL do that. Not our guy. And I wont even bring up the fact he was hurt. For the love of God, he talked leading up to the game as having heavy legs and this fraud runs him all game long.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well this didn't age very well. A talented play caller? Remember in middle school when you had the best athlete ? You put him at QB and ran sweeps with him and he ran all over teams. That is what this idiot tries to do in the NFL. And then at the end of the game you keep at it, hoping that he is superman. This guy is not an NFL play caller. He belongs at a low level college or high school. At this point in the game you have four downs to make a first. Quick throws, you pick up first downs. 31 of 32 OC's in the NFL do that. Not our guy. And I wont even bring up the fact he was hurt. For the love of God, he talked leading up to the game as having heavy legs and this fraud runs him all game long.
he had an ass cheeks game as a play caller and still put up 24 points. Yes is 2 and 4 minute offense is balls and needs work. I would still take him over anything that has been in Chicago since the Lesbian.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
I don't blame people for thinking Getsy was something special, hell national TV folks were talking head coach for him. Not so much. Look at his college play calling. He would call around 20 pass plays a game. Not going to cut it. Yesterday while getting blown out he threw the ball 25 times...brutal. Sure they ran for 120 some yards, but when the other team is giving you the run its not that hard. I for one hope he gets a head coaching job just to get him away from the Bears. And yes his 30pt per game offense was a product of Justin Fields doing super human things.