Last edited:

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
ozzie's records in the season half are pretty subpar

but anything can happen

:jackson:

That's true, but so far the Sox are bucking the trend this year. Next few weeks will tell the story.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
They'll win b/c they have enough solid pitching...the remainder of the division does not.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
No.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
No?,

Who in the division has better pitching?

pitching hasnt been the problem. I havent been watching the Sox the last two weeks, so I feel outta the loop. thus is why I didnt elaborate.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No?,

Who in the division has better pitching?

the sox have good pitching with danks,buehrle,peavy,humber,etc.

i wouldnt say their pitching is absolutely PHENOMENAL overall(7th in the AL in ERA,6th in runs per game allowed)..but it is a bit better than the rest of the division(although detroit does have verlander,and that certainly helps) and that is important

the issue is the consistency of the offense(3.99 runs per game..well below average and below detroit and cle)..although BA,OBP,etc. are relatively close to average

still...you have to hope that some of the slacking veterans finally get it together like dunn

it will be interesting to see how this plays out(interesting that the sox have a winning record after the all star break with ozzie..hopefully it will continue for you guys)...i wouldnt necessarily count the sox just yet

alot of things can change quickly

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lets just say there is this miracle on 35th.....( i still say we dont win division ) but if a miracle happens, their SP and BP can take them deep in the playoffs.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I don't see it happening, but it's not impossible by any means. Cleveland is not that good and Detroit has a recent trend of choking away the division in the last two months of the season. 2006 and 2009 really stand out, especially '09 when they blew a three game lead in four days and I'd argue they kind sputtered allowing the Tribe to take the crown in '07, as well.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
the sox have good pitching with danks,buehrle,peavy,humber,etc.

i wouldnt say their pitching is absolutely PHENOMENAL overall(7th in the AL in ERA,6th in runs per game allowed)..but it is a bit better than the rest of the division(although detroit does have verlander,and that certainly helps) and that is important

the issue is the consistency of the offense(3.99 runs per game..well below average and below detroit and cle)..although BA,OBP,etc. are relatively close to average

still...you have to hope that some of the slacking veterans finally get it together like dunn

it will be interesting to see how this plays out(interesting that the sox have a winning record after the all star break with ozzie..hopefully it will continue for you guys)...i wouldnt necessarily count the sox just yet

alot of things can change quickly

As you mentioned, the pitching is good enough...BP is better than I expected considering how poor it was in recent years. Dunn can't go an entire season like this, or can he?. I'd have to leave him in the line-up, give him another month until roster expands...then give up if nothing changes.

My only problem with the WS is Ozzie. He's an average manager with an above average motor mouth. Also, some idiot was on the pre-game today and mentioned he never knew Pierre was a career slow starter...guess the guy never watched the Cubs/Dodgers either..

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
they hang around because they want to kick us in the nuts. :lol: