Do we still want to boot Trubisky to the curb?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Ever heard the term let the guy make a play? Allen Robinson is a pretty tall athletic guy. Let him make a play. Also, an example where the receiver beat the DB and Trubisky overthrew him would be Montgomery on the wheel route yesterday. He had a step on his man and the ball was overthrown by 10 yards.

You're just getting picky.

Jcollins1977

Liked Posts:
We are gonna get to see Bridgewater play a few games now that Drew is hurt. If he is solid I’d say he would be an interesting pick up in the off-season.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Mahomes has seemed to figure things out in KC I don't understand the problem here other than Mitch is not good.

Get Mahomes under Nagy and see.
My point is last year, no preseason, slow start. QB's not producing then they did. This year no preseason, slow start. QB's not producing like they have before. Will Trubisky end up like last year and able to throw a pass again?

I'm seeing a lot of coaching issues with the team and from where I sit I can't tell where the line is between a coach calling the stupid plays and a player not having the talent to execute the stupid plays.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Its fucking stupid to think we could have/would have gotten Mahomes. That was never going to happen. People need to remember the comp on Mahomes from scouts for the draft - his player comp was JAY CUTLER.

Bears just escaped that shit show and weren't going to take the chance again on the sequel. Hindsight being what it is, obviously we all want Mahomes, but I am just saying, it wasn't even an option.

Comparing Mitch to Watson - that I get, because Pace was going to try for Watson if Mitch was taken and they couldn't trade up.

Reactions: Myk

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I'll tell you after game 8. I think we are judging preseason games currently and should see the rust gone by the end of next week.

Oolongmonk

Liked Posts:
1, fairly certain Kaepernick said he wouldn't kneel anymore if he signed
2, Mitchs QBR for the year is in the 20s so getting someone in the 40s would be an improvement
3, do you think sticking with Mitch or any other poor performing QB won't polarize the fan base anymore than Jay or Rex did
4, are you honestly ok with the team making personnel decisions based on fan sentiment for a player who has committed nl crime or assault or battery?

Are we just going to forget Mitch's 71 QBr and 12-4 record last season?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll tell you after game 8. I think we are judging preseason games currently and should see the rust gone by the end of next week.
He threw 45 passes week 1. That's more work than he would have gotten had he played in the pre-season. I know Denver is a tough place to play but dear God, can we have a high enough standard in our QBs to expect them to show 1 or 2 series of competence week 2. The bar is so fucking low, its buried with George Halas.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Are we just going to forget Mitch's 71 QBr and 12-4 record last season?
QBR was created by Trent Dilfer to make QBs similar to himself look better than they really are statistically. 12-4, thank the #1 defense in the league.

Oolongmonk

Liked Posts:
Yeah, screw social justice! POC should just roll over and accept police brutality!

Dumbass.

I know a cop(an African American cop at that) who have admitted to me that the feel they can no longer adequately act in self-defense so they take their time to get to the scene of the crime, once they get their, this blare their sirens and horns as to avoid any potential conflict.

That's why you saw a huge uptick in crime in East St Louis and Baltimore after their police brutality. We have laws, the laws are enforced, bad people exist and are subject to the laws.

There are bad accountants, doctors, gas station attendants and there are laws that hold them account. There will always be bad people.

What is the cost of this social justice crusaded? Riping apart the fabric of the society, sewing seeds of resentament and hate, and imposing a state of crippling victimhood on the masses?

Clueless Kaepernick recently was protesting the Betsy Ross flag. Little did that mental midget know that she was one of the leading abolishonests who play a big role in abolishing slavery.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
He threw 45 passes week 1. That's more work than he would have gotten had he played in the pre-season. I know Denver is a tough place to play but dear God, can we have a high enough standard in our QBs to expect them to show 1 or 2 series of competence week 2. The bar is so fucking low, its buried with George Halas.
You're absolutely right. On the other hand you cannot say that we didn't see some promise last season. So that's why I think it takes halve a season to make a determination in my imo.

If he is still shitting the bed at that point, it's time to bring someone in. I mean he has a 22 passer rating for the season so far, I would be truly shocked if we didn't see significant improvement soon. Even if it's just getting back to a yawn inducing average QB that does enough to win games with a world wrecking defense.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Its fucking stupid to think we could have/would have gotten Mahomes. That was never going to happen. People need to remember the comp on Mahomes from scouts for the draft - his player comp was JAY CUTLER.

Bears just escaped that shit show and weren't going to take the chance again on the sequel. Hindsight being what it is, obviously we all want Mahomes, but I am just saying, it wasn't even an option.

Comparing Mitch to Watson - that I get, because Pace was going to try for Watson if Mitch was taken and they couldn't trade up.
Wait, Mahommes wasn't an option? Because some nerd compared him to Cutler?

Is this something Ryan Pace told you in a dream you had? Or a post he made on 8chan you read?

Are u mixing up blue and red pills again?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wait, Mahommes wasn't an option? Because some nerd compared him to Cutler?

Is this something Ryan Pace told you in a dream you had? Or a post he made on 8chan you read?

Are u mixing up blue and red pills again?
READ between the lines

Oolongmonk

Liked Posts:

Nobody had Mahomes on their radar.. the entire talk was between Mitch and Watson, all the pundits, all the talking heads, all the scouts, were debating on which one of those two should be the #1 pick

Oolongmonk

Liked Posts:
QBR was created by Trent Dilfer to make QBs similar to himself look better than they really are statistically. 12-4, thank the #1 defense in the league.

66.6%3,223 yards7.4 yp24 td12 int

Thats up there for the one of best bears QB season ever. I know that says a lot about us as a franchise but Mitch had a decent year.

4th in QBR in the league last year 4th!!

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Nagy, oline and the receivers not counting arod have been garbage. With that said mitch sucks. Yoh put jay cutler on this team we are scoring 25+ a game!!!

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
66.6%3,223 yards7.4 yp24 td12 int

Thats up there for the one of best bears QB season ever. I know that says a lot about us as a franchise but Mitch had a decent year.

4th in QBR in the league last year 4th!!

That also says a lot for QBR as a stat. If that absolutely mediocre season can get you 4th in QBR, you just enhanced my argument against it. 25% of his TDs came in one game. He has 2 TDs in his last 5 games. This. Guy. Is. A. Bum.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're absolutely right. On the other hand you cannot say that we didn't see some promise last season. So that's why I think it takes halve a season to make a determination in my imo.

If he is still shitting the bed at that point, it's time to bring someone in. I mean he has a 22 passer rating for the season so far, I would be truly shocked if we didn't see significant improvement soon. Even if it's just getting back to a yawn inducing average QB that does enough to win games with a world wrecking defense.
I didn't. We did. We saw it for a qtr in the playoffs, which gave me a little hope. That hope died when they put up 3 points vs the Packers.

Oolongmonk

Liked Posts:
I didn't. We did. We saw it for a qtr in the playoffs, which gave me a little hope. That hope died when they put up 3 points vs the Packers.
Yes, Trubisky flashes games/quarter that I've not seen in a loooong time, if ever. That give me hope that he just needs to bring it together and figure out how to consistently play at that level