Do you guys want Odell?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears already have a pretty great WR who they aren't coaching & scheming into producing, who is NOT a diva headcase.

View attachment 15325

Not the same type of WR. OBJ gets open downfield which is where Fields likes to throw the ball. OBJ also gets a yard more of separation than ARob who has one of the lowest separation numbera for a supposed No 1 WR in the NFL.

There is still the headcase element to deal with but he is a better fit for the Bears than ARob given the type of QB Fields is.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Too much money
Diva

And most importantly

It's not 2014-16; when he was actually good
Too much money? How? He’s going to get cut and clear waivers. You think he’s going to command big time money on the open market? ?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not the same type of WR. OBJ gets open downfield which is where Fields likes to throw the ball. OBJ also gets a yard more of separation than ARob who has one of the lowest separation numbera for a supposed No 1 WR in the NFL.

There is still the headcase element to deal with but he is a better fit for the Bears than ARob given the type of QB Fields is.

Does it matter with Nagy calling hitches, hooks, and curls far more than any other team??
Bears have THE fastest WR room in the league but can't use them properly.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does it matter with Nagy calling hitches, hooks, and curls far more than any other team??
Bears have THE fastest WR room in the league but can't use them properly.

That is more a function of the shit OL.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Seems like he could be a cut candidate, if not now then at the end of the year. More than likely this year tho.

Question is, do you want the headcase? He will probably clear waivers, if cut. Doubt anyone is willing to take that risk on a guy who's barely produced this year.....but then there is also this:

scott-dude.gif

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I imagine running 75% hitch routes makes it harder for AR to get separation. Nagy's genius at work.

Soterod

Liked Posts:
Seems like he could be a cut candidate, if not now then at the end of the year. More than likely this year tho.

Question is, do you want the headcase? He will probably clear waivers, if cut. Doubt anyone is willing to take that risk on a guy who's barely produced this year.....but then there is also this:

Hell no !!

Nelly

Liked Posts:

That video is quite the indictment against Mayfield. And they might pay this guy $30 mil per year.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Too much money? How? He’s going to get cut and clear waivers. You think he’s going to command big time money on the open market? ?
It only takes one idiot gm; competing against himself to offer too much money.

Sound like someone we know?

InsideTheLines

Liked Posts:

That’s a question Pace should be asking Fields. As a fan, yes. I’d like to say the team I root for has possibly another person who can catch.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Didn't DeSean Jackson just get cut?

I'd rather just sign him if we're going to try to go with a head case.
Jackson would be so useless in Nagys offense just like Goodwin and Byrd are. Sign deep threat Wrs and never throw the ball deep. That’s the Pace/Nagy way!

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rather see him, then AR12....he consistently beats coverage and is pissed with Baker missing him wide open or not even looking that way

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
It seems like there's something between him and Baker that is causing the divide. Might be a TO/McNabb type thing behind the scenes.

Anyway, for me it all depends on cost. If he's cheap with no long term commitment, then sure. Kick tires and see if he can make the team better (and ideally help Fields develop). If not, pass and roll with what you have.

Insidiuz

Liked Posts:

When I clicked this post, I was in the “nope, he’s a shell of his former sell” camp. After watching that video, I think he’d be a great replacement for ARob at likely far less cost to pair with our new dynamic QB as he learns the ropes. Thx for posting!

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jackson would be so useless in Nagys offense just like Goodwin and Byrd are. Sign deep threat Wrs and never throw the ball deep. That’s the Pace/Nagy way!

They're going to fail anyway so don't even try! That's the spirit!

jive

Liked Posts:
I don't see why we wouldn't want to sign him on a one year prove-it deal. It would be low risk, high reward.
It's not like worse haven't been signed again and again i.e. Josh Gordon. I can't see it being worse than signing Ted Ginn, Breshad Perriman, Marquise Goodwin, Taylor Gabriel, or the plethora of scrubs that we added to the roster over the years that contributed crap.