Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 2, and 55 for 4,16,34,49 and 2024 1st with SEA

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • none take a player

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I know it is taboo to trade within the division, but reality is if you are taking that much draft capital away from them, and adding it to your team so that they can gamble on a single player?

If the Bears FO believes in Fields like most of us do, I think it would be stupid not to believe that adding several talented players around Justin at the expense of a Divisional opponent would be the best move.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So running the PFN draft simulator, it has offered some interesting trade scenarios. Which raises some questions of what would you do facing these scenarios.

View attachment 24426 Do you trade within the division to drop one spot but pick up an additional mid 1st and 2nd, but allow Det to get a QB?

View attachment 24428Do you trade with the Packers for a huge haul after the first 2 QB's are gone? PFN had them trade all this for WR Quentin Johnston WR TCU.

View attachment 24427Here is my favorite scenario.
Why would Detroit do this? They never would

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So running the PFN draft simulator, it has offered some interesting trade scenarios. Which raises some questions of what would you do facing these scenarios.

View attachment 24426 Do you trade within the division to drop one spot but pick up an additional mid 1st and 2nd, but allow Det to get a QB?

View attachment 24428Do you trade with the Packers for a huge haul after the first 2 QB's are gone? PFN had them trade all this for WR Quentin Johnston WR TCU.

View attachment 24427Here is my favorite scenario.
why do most on here feel that Detroit wants to go QB right away, I don't think so unless they want to open cap space by dispatcing Goff

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
I have never understood the “don’t trade in your division…” mindset. Focus on what’s best for the team you are running, and it will work out. The double trade down with Det & GB is a dream scenario as far loading the tram with draft picks. If Poles does his damn job with that many picks, the Bears would be a powerhouse for years.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why do most on here feel that Detroit wants to go QB right away, I don't think so unless they want to open cap space by dispatcing Goff
The 49ers traded the No. 2 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft to the Bears for the No. 3 pick, a third-rounder (No. 67), a fourth-rounder (No. 111) and a 2018 third-round pic

But this pie in the sky scenario has Detroit making the same trade for Pick #3, pick #13, and pick #42. For that price, why not just make the same offer to Houston?

As long as we are playing "Things that will never happen for $500 Alex" maybe Detroit trades #13 to GB for ARod.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 49ers traded the No. 2 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft to the Bears for the No. 3 pick, a third-rounder (No. 67), a fourth-rounder (No. 111) and a 2018 third-round pic

But this pie in the sky scenario has Detroit making the same trade for Pick #3, pick #13, and pick #42. For that price, why not just make the same offer to Houston?

As long as we are playing "Things that will never happen for $500 Alex" maybe Detroit trades #13 to GB for ARod.
especially if Bryce Young is the target

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Seattle Trade is the no brainer here. Not a division rival plus a solid haul in 2023 and extra first 2024

Prob. said by now after 4 pages, but this moves to 4 where after 2 QBs, 1 of the 2 top DEF studs are available. Plus major haul. Do this all day, every day. Hell, maybe SEA still sucks next year and that extra 1st is early also.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It really depends on which QB goes #1 and the teams QB evaluations, but I wouldn't eliminate trading inter division.

Personally I'm more of the opinion that Bryce Young is the best QB of the class. He may not have the ideal physical traits, but he tends to make something out of nothing when it matters most and is clutch in the toughest moments of the game. I need to watch him more, but I think CJ Stroud is a bit overrated. Good QB, nice intangibles, but can be inaccurate at times and not as good when the game is close.

So, if it's for Stroud or Levis or anyone outside of Young I would be open to trading in the division. And even then I would prefer to trade outside the division so their offer has to be far better than anyone else by a good margin. In the OP example Seattle has the best offer so I would go with them easily.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Prob. said by now after 4 pages, but this moves to 4 where after 2 QBs, 1 of the 2 top DEF studs are available. Plus major haul. Do this all day, every day. Hell, maybe SEA still sucks next year and that extra 1st is early also.
Seattle doesn't suck this year sooooo....

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
The Seattle option.

Taking this with a grain of salt though, because your proposals are randomized computer-algorithm codes and not reality. Inter divisional trades are pretty rare. Can one happen? Sure. Two in the same round on the same day with Green Bay further mortgaging their future to move up 6 spots? Having trouble believing it. I’d want to know who GB is giving up a kings ransom for.

Detroit is more plausible than Green Bay. Detroit knows the bears won’t take a qb, so now Poles has to ace negotiation and force their hand into thinking he’s got another buyer at QB at #2.

Let’s also keep context. When the bears moved from 3 to 2 in 2017, they didn’t give up 2 firsts, they gave up 3, a 3rd and 4th rounder that year, and a 3rd the following year. Now granted, from a negotiation standpoint, SF didn’t know who the bears wanted, and I don’t know if that’s the difference between 2017 and this proposal where you’d have Detroit by the balls if they’re fixated on one guy.

Seattle needs a QB and DL. So their desperation is understandable, but I don’t know if they have to have someone or stay ideally at 4 and let one of 3 guys they want come to them.

The packers ‘proposal’ while I’d love to see them wreck themselves for their another year of a team that can pick on the bears in the regular season but will sit next to the bears on the couch come late December/early January—seems so unrealistic. The packers are known to not buy big FA because they build through the draft, and Gutekunst seems to be continuing that. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seattle doesn't suck this year sooooo....
True. Honestly I haven't been paying attention & if they did that deal, a trade back up might be needed to get a blue chip DL or Edge. Would still come out with extra assets if starting at #2 regardless. Still a bit too early to tell, but interesting forum fodder with that Bears in play and in full on (mostly) obvious tank mode.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
True. Honestly I haven't been paying attention & if they did that deal, a trade back up might be needed to get a blue chip DL or Edge. Would still come out with extra assets if starting at #2 regardless. Still a bit too early to tell, but interesting forum fodder with that Bears in play and in full on (mostly) obvious tank mode.
Nice, another @Mighty Joe Young alt.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seeing so many Detroit Lions posts here, who is up to starting one to champion lets say another shitty team? How about the Houston Texans? Maybe the LV Raiders? Who up for it?