Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So running the PFN draft simulator, it has offered some interesting trade scenarios. Which raises some questions of what would you do facing these scenarios.

1669683965034.png Do you trade within the division to drop one spot but pick up an additional mid 1st and 2nd, but allow Det to get a QB?

1669684251776.pngDo you trade with the Packers for a huge haul after the first 2 QB's are gone? PFN had them trade all this for WR Quentin Johnston WR TCU.

1669684125381.pngHere is my favorite scenario.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
SEA. I’d consider DET also. No to anything involving GB.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
You don't want to potentially help either Detroit or Green Bay find a franchise QB.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So running the PFN draft simulator, it has offered some interesting trade scenarios. Which raises some questions of what would you do facing these scenarios.

View attachment 24426 Do you trade within the division to drop one spot but pick up an additional mid 1st and 2nd, but allow Det to get a QB?

View attachment 24428Do you trade with the Packers for a huge haul after the first 2 QB's are gone? PFN had them trade all this for WR Quentin Johnston WR TCU.

View attachment 24427Here is my favorite scenario.

For me it depends on two things:

How did FA go?

Who is the new HC?

RandomGuy

Liked Posts:
With Detroit then with Packers. Those are a lot of picks especially in the first two rounds this year. Plus you get the Packers' 1st and 2nd next year to help rebuild faster.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
@Hawkeye., what do you do if the Det offer is the only one you get?
Roll the dice that they pick a bust and you get the trade haul or just pick 1 of the stud DL's?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Turning the 2 into the 9,13, 39, 43, 105 and 2024 1st and 2nd is a no brainer if it is with any teams not named DET, GB or MINN.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Man that is a shitload more than Pace gave up to move from 3 to 2. Oddly enough though, it makes sense as there is a big drop off from QB2 to QB3. The year Pace did it, there were 3 top QBs (and of course he picked the wrong one).

I wouldn't help the Packers trade up for a QB. I'd probably let Detroit, especially if it's for Stroud and not Young. If the Bears end up 3rd and either team wants to move up for Will Levis, F it, they can have his sorry ass.

But yeah, if all these are options, you make the Seattle trade.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@Hawkeye., what do you do if the Det offer is the only one you get?
Roll the dice that they pick a bust and you get the trade haul or just pick 1 of the stud DL's?
You still take the trade with DET.

1. They will probably fuck up whatever QB they take
2. Bears have so many holes and need high picks. Moving down one spot still nets them whoever they want that isn't a QB. Also, while trading with a divison rival is weird, what does it matter? Focus on making your team better and the rest takes care of itself.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You still take the trade with DET.

1. They will probably fuck up whatever QB they take
2. Bears have so many holes and need high picks. Moving down one spot still nets them whoever they want that isn't a QB. Also, while trading with a divison rival is weird, what does it matter? Focus on making your team better and the rest takes care of itself.
I totally agree with not balking ar divisional trades. Let them get a good qb. Fields is still better. Build around that strength and let the competition happen, more fun that way anyways.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't mind helping DET get a QB, but fuck GB.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
The Bears don’t consider helping the Lions get their franchise QB unless it’s an absolute absurd overpay. That being said, getting the 13th pick AND #43 to move up one spot is significantly more than what the Bears gave up when they traded up for Trubisky. That’s probably the best deal, especially if teams are also interested in Will Levis. A double trade down would be CRAZY.

The real trade up contenders are Seattle, Carolina, Pittsburgh, or Indianapolis - as they all are desperate for a QB and not in the NFC North.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When Pace got fleeced in 2017, it was a considerably weaker draft and none of the QB’s were viewed to be sure fire Top 3 picks.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
When Pace got fleeced in 2017, it was a considerably weaker draft and none of the QB’s were viewed to be sure fire Top 3 picks.
Yeah, and they were dead wrong. Not only were there 2 sure fire top 3 picks, there was a generational QB prospect. So in hindsight, it wasn't a fleecing at all (it wasn't really then, IMO, it was just unnecessary since nobody else was taking a QB #2)

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Packers’ trade is probably the best considering the wheels are about to completely fall off the franchise. That team is a complete wreck going forward. That 2024 first might be in the top 5. Plus it would be great to use all their draft capital to dominate them for a decade.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, and they were dead wrong. Not only were there 2 sure fire top 3 picks, there was a generational QB prospect. So in hindsight, it wasn't a fleecing at all (it wasn't really then, IMO, it was just unnecessary since nobody else was taking a QB #2)
That’s true but when QB’s are considered to be more of a sure thing at the top of the draft, the trades to move up are usually a lot more draft capital expensive. DeSchlong Watson & Mahomes were completely misjudged… until DeSchlong turned into a fucking creep.