Do you think it might be a good idea to throw big money at Rodgers or Tom Brady when they retire?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Teams hire people with no GMing experience all the time hoping they'll be a good GM. I dont believe for a second that Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers can't look at tape of QBs and understand what they're seeing.

Just to clarify, you're telling me you don't want Brady, Manning or Rodgers to be a part of our organization? You see no value in having their voice as part of the litany of voices that are heard when picking our next QB?
Are these people they hire with no gm experience just players? Or did they work in organizations as scouts head scouts or administrators ect ect ect?
Saying this why hasnt Joe Montana or Joe Namath or Bret Farve cornered the market on this draft a qb consulting buisness by now? It seems like a crazy idea with very little merit and i dont see throwing 100 million at any hof qb too tell your gm who to draft as anything other than you dont think you picked the right guy at gm
Because after all thats his job its literally what your paying him for
If he wanted too hire them as a qb scout he would if they were available id think

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
It worked great when we needed a stud lineman and got Orlando Pace..

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wasn't Ditka a former player? I heard he had some success as a coach

Aren't people here hoping we hire Louis Riddick?
They were former elite QB's? Wow, learn to read
hint: There is only one I can think of

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
They were former elite QB's? wow, learn to read

So you're saying former safeties and tight ends are capable of making the transition but former QBs aren't?

Sorry but I don't think your point makes much sense.