Do you think it might be a good idea to throw big money at Rodgers or Tom Brady when they retire?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
You guys say 'find a good GM' as if we haven't been trying. Our ability to find a good GM is almost as poor as our ability to find a good QB

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys say 'find a good GM' as if we haven't been trying. Our ability to find a good GM is almost as poor as our ability to find a good QB
Is Jerry Vanisi still alive?

SIGN HIM!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

And yet, you think hiring publicity patsies is the answer?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
And yet, you think hiring publicity patsies is the answer?

Is that how you've interpreted my suggestion; hiring a publicity patsy? I think this franchise has to stop trying to reinvent the wheel because its obvious they don't know what they're doing. Instead of hiring some baby face GM or HC like a Pace or a Nagy and hoping they're clued in enough to pick a Hof QB from a draft class, why don't we try hiring a HOF QB and listening to their insight. Do you believe Brady/Rodgers know less about QBing than Matt Nagy?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this franchise would benefit from having a HOF QB in the organization. We can't find one to put on the field, so why not wait for a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady type to retire and bring them in as a consultant or in some other FO or management role and just have them hang around the organization. Maybe some of their insight, habits, etc. will rub off on the organization by osmosis. At this point I don't even care that Aaron Rodgers is this team's Darth Vader. We've reached desperation point with this franchise and rivalry or no rivalry, I'd try to bring Rodgers in after he hangs up the cleats to teach this franchise a thing or two about effective quarterbacking. He has decades of experience watching and dissecting what the Bears do wrong.

In my experience as a Bear fan of over 60 years, the Bears could walk into any warehouse in America, and spot a potential LBer driving a fork lift, sign him, and have him all pro in 2 years , even though he never played football in his life.

That same Bears crew could sign the best QB to ever play the game, and in 6 months have him throwing INT's like giving out candy at halloween.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I don't think Brady or Rodgers are interested in coming on as a QB coach after they retire. I think Rodgers decides to stay away from football and enjoy retired life, Brady probably takes a broadcasting job or maybe goes somewhere as an OC for his first job post-playing. If you can somehow convince one of them though, sure, i bet they will be way more qualified than whatever scrub the Bears have at that time.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Instead of hiring an outsider or two ta come tell the bears how they suck why dont they just hire a gm and hc who can evaluate that on their own and do something about it

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Is that how you've interpreted my suggestion; hiring a publicity patsy? I think this franchise has to stop trying to reinvent the wheel because its obvious they don't know what they're doing. Instead of hiring some baby face GM or HC like a Pace or a Nagy and hoping they're clued in enough to pick a Hof QB from a draft class, why don't we try hiring a HOF QB and listening to their insight. Do you believe Brady/Rodgers know less about QBing than Matt Nagy?

Hiring a former QB just because he was a great QB is worse than hiring an up and coming GM. What insight do you expect they'll give you that is previously unknown?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Instead of hiring an outsider or two ta come tell the bears how they suck why dont they just hire a gm and hc who can evaluate that on their own and do something about it
Haven't we tried that?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Superstars have a poor history as coaches. Guys that had to work hard to elevate their mediocre natural abilities tend to to do better. Nagy excluded.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven't we tried that?
They have tried before yes but past failure doesnt mean ya stop
At some point even a fucking blind hog finds an acorn ya feel me.
They actually didnt do to bad on pace he built a talented roster he just shit the bed on his coaching hire and his qb pick failed so its time ya move on
Too hopefully an even better gm

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
They have tried before yes but past failure doesnt mean ya stop
At some point even a fucking blind hog finds an acorn ya feel me.

By the same token, don't you think Elway's or Jordan's failure doesn't necessarily mean Brady or Rodgers will also fail? There's a very small pool of Jordan's or Brady's out there. They're rarer than good GMs. If you have an opportunity to bring a HOF QB into your organization I think you have to snatch it

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
By the same token, don't you think Elway's or Jordan's failure doesn't necessarily mean Brady or Rodgers will also fail? There's a very small pool of Jordan's or Brady's out there. They're rarer than good GMs. If you have an opportunity to bring a HOF QB into your organization I think you have to snatch it
And what criteria brady or rodgers have that tells you they are excellent scouts? Have they spent the passed 15 years scouting talent or just playing football?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
And what criteria brady or rodgers have that tells you they are excellent scouts? Have they spent the passed 15 years scouting talent or just playing football?

I don't know how you can make such an argument considering we just hired a scout from the New Orleans Saints who had years of scouting experience. He assembled a whole team of scouts who collectively had decades of scouting experience. They picked the worst QB in the draft; not just picked him, but traded up to pick him. Do I think Brady or Rodgers will do a worse job than that? No, I don't. I don't think a blind man throwing darts at a dartboard would do a worse job than that. Look, you want to keep beating your head against the wall hoping this organization finds some wunderkind GM? Go ahead. I'm not saying the Bears should stop looking for their homerun GM hire. But neither do I believe the Bears can afford to pass up on an opportunity to bring a HOF QB into their organization. I don't care if they have to throw $100 million at a Brady, a Manning or a Rodgers. Bring them in.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tom Brady would have come here, and would have retired after the shit show.

All that yelling he does in Tampa would have been light in comparison to here.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how you can make such an argument considering we just hired a scout from the New Orleans Saints who had years of scouting experience. He assembled a whole team of scouts who collectively had decades of scouting experience. They picked the worst QB in the draft; not just picked him, but traded up to pick him. Do I think Brady or Rodgers will do a worse job than that? No, I don't. I don't think a blind man throwing darts at a dartboard would do a worse job than that. Look, you want to keep beating your head against the wall hoping this organization finds some wunderkind GM? Go ahead. I'm not saying the Bears should stop looking for their homerun GM hire. But neither do I believe the Bears can afford to pass up on an opportunity to bring a HOF QB into their organization. I don't care if they have to throw $100 million at a Brady, a Manning or a Rodgers. Bring them in.
Lol so your idea is instead of hiring people with experience in the field because thats been unsuccessful at this point is just hire somebody who was good at throwing a football and has no experience because it cant be any worse?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Lol so your idea is instead of hiring people with experience in the field because thats been unsuccessful at this point is just hire somebody who was good at throwing a football and has no experience because it cant be any worse?

Teams hire people with no GMing experience all the time hoping they'll be a good GM. I dont believe for a second that Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers can't look at tape of QBs and understand what they're seeing.

Just to clarify, you're telling me you don't want Brady, Manning or Rodgers to be a part of our organization? You see no value in having their voice as part of the litany of voices that are heard when picking our next QB?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Name me some former elite Qb's who have had successful runs in the NFL as a coach, front office person, or even consultant.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Name me some former elite Qb's who have had successful runs in the NFL as a coach, front office person, or even consultant.

Wasn't Ditka a former player? I heard he had some success as a coach

Aren't people here hoping we hire Louis Riddick?