Do You Think Nagy Knows

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
When he is alone with his thoughts do you think he really knows that he's in over his head with no clue what or how to fix things
or that he feels he's just had a few bad breaks?
It seems like he would man up and just resign.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think he sits there and looks at his playbook and hasn't figured out that the rest of the league knows it better than he does and how he uses it.

The league figured him out after only 1 season.

League figured him out half way thru a season my guy.

And to answer OP's question, yes, nagy truly does believe he's a genius. His ego is one of the main reasons he will be gone.

Had he figured out in 2019 that he's terrible at playcalling(like we all did) he could have hired an actual OC and possibly saved his job.

Monster

Liked Posts:
He will be fine…. Likely go back to OC at KC.
Once that guy gets hired.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There are a ton of bs artists out there who know they're in over their heads. They fake it until they make or until its all over. I have no clue if Matt Nagy really is delusional or not, but to get 4 years of HC out of this con is a job well done. He'll never see this opportunity again.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I wonder if he goes back to his ridiculous basement bunker with all that crap on the wall and wonder 'which one of these plays would have made me a good coach?'.

Image-from-iOS.png

In all seriousness, he's an NFL head coach. It's one of those professions where you have a 90+% chance of being fired and only a small group actually stick in that role. When he signed the contract his fate was known. The only unanswered question was 'when?'.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He has generational wealth he will be fine lol

greg23

Liked Posts:
What if he's a better play caller than real estate agent?

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
I wonder if he goes back to his ridiculous basement bunker with all that crap on the wall and wonder 'which one of these plays would have made me a good coach?'.

Image-from-iOS.png

In all seriousness, he's an NFL head coach. It's one of those professions where you have a 90+% chance of being fired and only a small group actually stick in that role. When he signed the contract his fate was known. The only unanswered question was 'when?'.

That photo is priceless. What a fucking dufus.

Monster

Liked Posts:

Image-from-iOS.png

Is that carpet…. WTF!

Bust

Liked Posts:
When he is alone with his thoughts do you think he really knows that he's in over his head with no clue what or how to fix things
or that he feels he's just had a few bad breaks?
It seems like he would man up and just resign.

He in a no win situation. He'll get hammered during the long week if his team loses to a winless Lions team. He'll also get hammered if they win convincingly via the blowout cause he'll be bombarded with Dalton questions starting a second straight game aka benching justin.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Is that carpet…. WTF!
yes, absolutely.

i have the matchstick men vibe from nagy about it...
200.gif

EDIT, carpet looks extra plushy too.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

Image-from-iOS.png

zooming in on this picture it almost looks like a catalogue of each game

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a waste of a year. They should have fired this fucker after the Browns game.

mecha

Liked Posts:
What a waste of a year. They should have fired this fucker after the Browns game.
it should've been hung up after backing into the playoffs last year and doing nothing against the Saints.

also this after a week 17 loss to the Packers (again):
Nagy noted in his post-game conference that it was "okay to feel like crap right now. We put a lot of time and effort and energy into winning this football game and it sucks when you lose. [...] But no one is going to take away from what these players did to work back these last three weeks to put ourselves in a position to make the playoffs."

The Bears, who saw an uptick in offensive production after the bye week, ended the regular season with the 22nd-ranked scoring offense at 23.3 points per game, 25th in rushing, and 22nd in passing. Inversely, the defense struggled since the bye, and ranked 14th in scoring defense at 23.1 points allowed per game.

lol @ "time and effort and energy into winning..."

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah for sure, I signed off on this team for 2021 because they didn’t fire him, but then Fields happen. Cycle of abuse being a fan of this team.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I honestly think he’ll be frustrated because the players aren’t good enough to execute his genius play calling. He’s that deluded.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
He's painfully self-unaware. Can not read a room. And likely one of the dumbest head coaches in league history.

He honestly believes it's the players that are ruining his brilliant scheme.