Does 7 - 10 save Pace/Nagy jobs?

Luke

It better not!
What if they overachieve, does 8-9 do it?
Obviously, a 6 game losing streak doesn't affect anything because thats a positive.

Oddsmakers are not high on the Bears this season. PointsBet released new regular season win total futures recently, and the line for the Bears has been set at 7 wins. Only six teams have lower Over/Under lines: The Texans at 4.5, the Lions at 5, and the Bengals, Jaguars, Jets and Eagles all at 6.5.O

For what it’s worth, the odds themselves favor the Bears to win more than seven games, at -120, while the under sits at even money with +100 odds. That means a $100 bet for the Bears to win more than seven games will win $83.33, while a $100 bet for the Bears to win fewer than seven games will win $100.

That’s notable as oddsmakers expect the Bears to win one fewer game than last season, despite getting an extra regular season game. That’s probably because the Bears will have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL next season, based off of last season’s records. In 2020, Bears’ future opponents went 149-122-1 for a 0.550 win percentage. They’ll play eight games against teams who had a winning record last year, including the defending champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers and two matchups against the Packers.

Further, the Bears currently have one of the least impressive quarterback rooms in the league. Andy Dalton will get a shot to start after playing backup in Dallas last year. Behind him will be Nick Foles who struggled in seven starts with the Bears last season.

Montucky

No way. Just imagine what it will be like week by week as the Bears circle the drain, no way either of them keep their jobs through it.

Rob219_CBMB

#A.M.GANG
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Indiana Hoosiers
I am now hoping for them to be fired after the preseason, immediately. Let Lazor take over and find staff later.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
My favorite teams
Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears
With 9 - 8 being the new .500 (.529) I am hoping another 8 win season, sees them both shown the door.

An in season firing just won't happen under the McCaskeys. At best, we will see another forced play caller change though. But it won't be Lazor, so who then?

If (when?) Pace screws the draft up, the Bears can safely fire him before the Pre-Season even arrives. Do not really need a lame duck GM after the Draft and the second round of FA gets done.

Just cannot get "Fired up!" about this team as it sits right now.

BobInIndy

I predict (guess really!) an 8 win season. What will seal the fate of Nagy and Pace is whether the team gets blown out of key games against GB or another successful team. As I recall, these types of blowouts in previous years caused a change in coaching the next off season.

halftime

Fake Moderate
The NFL shoulda went with 2 more games, so .500 was 9-9.

Stupid NFL.

No, I think it's playoffs or out with these two. It won't matter, the Bears will end up 5-12 or 6-11.

TL1961

With 9 - 8 being the new .500 (.529) I am hoping another 8 win season, sees them both shown the door.

An in season firing just won't happen under the McCaskeys. At best, we will see another forced play caller change though. But it won't be Lazor, so who then?

If (when?) Pace screws the draft up, the Bears can safely fire him before the Pre-Season even arrives. Do not really need a lame duck GM after the Draft and the second round of FA gets done.

Just cannot get "Fired up!" about this team as it sits right now.
You’re not going to give your general manager another chance to draft and then fire him for his draft before any players take the field.

How does the front office decide he screwed up the draft before anyone plays?

Mdbearz

If Pace actually drafts a QB, and that QB does not start until later in the season (around week 10), but when he does start the team goes on a streak and not only wins several games but does it against the tougher part of the schedule, then yes I could see them holding out hope and keeping the team in tact.

Bearly

Dissed member
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
For me, it depends. If Nagy coaches well and just doesn't have the horses, I wouldn't fire him but unless the D gets some major injuries, the team should be at least .500, even with a meh O. I want to see improvement in play sequence, personnel choices and clock/end of half management. The personnel grouping tipping plays needs to stop as well.

Visionman

You’re not going to give your general manager another chance to draft and then fire him for his draft before any players take the field.

How does the front office decide he screwed up the draft before anyone plays?
People are just completely clueless, or are completely blinded by their frustration...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
It shouldn't save his job but it absolutely wouldn't surprise me if he ended up safe. This off-season has taught us down deep the incompetence runs within this org.

shoez90

The NFL shoulda went with 2 more games, so .500 was 9-9.

Stupid NFL.

No, I think it's playoffs or out with these two. It won't matter, the Bears will end up 5-12 or 6-11.
optimistic but at least more in ballpark. People forget quickly just how freaking inept we were all fdukin year with the brim at the helm

iueyedoc

Well heeled big wheel
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Indiana Hoosiers
For me, it depends. If Nagy coaches well and just doesn't have the horses, I wouldn't fire him but unless the D gets some major injuries, the team should be at least .500, even with a meh O. I want to see improvement in play sequence, personnel choices and clock/end of half management. The personnel grouping tipping plays needs to stop as well.
Stopped reading at "If Nagy coaches well," mainly because my spit out coffee fried my laptop and I had to go to my phone to reply.

mattb78

A losing season and someone gets fired, and I would bet that would be Nagy if I had to choose one, especially if the offense just doesn't look competent.

It will be 3 QBs for him, and while none of them were great, a good coach should have gotten close to average production out of at least one of them.

Possible that both could be fired as well and they just start fresh. If Pace has another good draft, replaces Fuller, and the defense plays well, I could see him being kept.

halftime

Fake Moderate
optimistic but at least more in ballpark. People forget quickly just how freaking inept we were all fdukin year with the brim at the helm
I hear ya. That 6 game losing streak was brutal. It's been a long time since I've seen such an inept offense.

Nelly

Fan perception is much different than owner perception. For example, look at how loyal Reinsdorf was to Paxson and Forman. And haven't we heard rumors that Pace may be taking over for a retiring Ted Phillips?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Bears Penn State Nittany Lions
That’s enough wins to sell tickets & that’s all the McCaskeys care about so it might.
Kind of. I think there's a lower limit to the fan happiness survey that will be more heavily weighed if the win total is mediocre.

Over 10 wins and under 7 losses is a no-brainer for them. Everything else is sticking a finger in the mouth and pointing to the sky feeling for the prevailing winds.