Does 7 - 10 save Pace/Nagy jobs?

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
My favorite teams
Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears
why did the league select 17 games, honestly? there's no such thing as .500 teams under this format. that's a little bizarre don't you think?

additionally, they should be eradicated if they don't make the playoffs in convincing fashion. like 2018, but the offense has to do their share too. that's why BHVKAFAHSF was hired in the first place, right.
Baby steps to what they really want. A 20 game season.

mecha

Baby steps to what they really want. A 20 game season.
I mean I guess. but at what cost? just do away with preseason? preseason is very important to evaluating players, especially when you start out with 70 some odd players and you have to cut that down to the best 53 out of the lot. (or sometimes they become trade fodder for later or something strategic)

preseason is a thing to get the players conditioned to play every week again. the first 2 games were whatever, the 3rd they play serious for a half, and the 4th is when they do the final cuts. having 3 games instead of 4 kind of fucks with the dynamics of all of that. when they move to 18, you have 2 preseason games to work with, the players are playing longer, and it's just cash grab corporate bullshit at that juncture. are they going to have 2 bye weeks now at least? they already raped the playoff format, that was really fucking stupid this past season too. I'm ready to just tune out of the league entirely now, I'm sick of all these dumbass changes they have to make for the bottom line.

it was a global pandemic. it affected the entire planet. not just the United States or the NFL. if you were so concerned about money and shit you shouldn't have had the 2020 season at all. players sitting out the season because of the pandemic is akin to voting someone to the Pro Bowl, but because you schedule the bullshit game before the Super Bowl now, players in the Super Bowl opt out of that. just revert it back to the way it was 10 years ago and stop being dumb.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
My favorite teams
Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears
I mean I guess. but at what cost? just do away with preseason? preseason is very important to evaluating players, especially when you start out with 70 some odd players and you have to cut that down to the best 53 out of the lot. (or sometimes they become trade fodder for later or something strategic)

preseason is a thing to get the players conditioned to play every week again. the first 2 games were whatever, the 3rd they play serious for a half, and the 4th is when they do the final cuts. having 3 games instead of 4 kind of fucks with the dynamics of all of that. when they move to 18, you have 2 preseason games to work with, the players are playing longer, and it's just cash grab corporate bullshit at that juncture. are they going to have 2 bye weeks now at least? they already raped the playoff format, that was really fucking stupid this past season too. I'm ready to just tune out of the league entirely now, I'm sick of all these dumbass changes they have to make for the bottom line.

it was a global pandemic. it affected the entire planet. not just the United States or the NFL. if you were so concerned about money and shit you shouldn't have had the 2020 season at all. players sitting out the season because of the pandemic is akin to voting someone to the Pro Bowl, but because you schedule the bullshit game before the Super Bowl now, players in the Super Bowl opt out of that. just revert it back to the way it was 10 years ago and stop being dumb.
Yes, no more pre-season. Squads will be expanded to make up for 20 games. NFLPA will have a hard time saying no to say 10 more roster spots per team. 320 new player slots makes for a good argument. Especially since they have been playing 20 games a year anyway.
2020 showed pre-season is not that important if no one has them.

mecha

Yes, no more pre-season. Squads will be expanded to make up for 20 games. NFLPA will have a hard time saying no to say 10 more roster spots per team. 320 new player slots makes for a good argument. Especially since they have been playing 20 games a year anyway.
2020 showed pre-season is not that important if no one has them.
I suppose you're onto something there. those additional 10 players aren't going to be top performers however, they're going to be glorified camp fodder. which totally just my opinion messes with the purity of the game. I was starting to like Roger Goodell, but during his tenure the league has only gotten progressively worse with each passing year.