Does anyone know why Fields fell?

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
I don't pretend to be a Falcons insider or anything, but I know when Hoge and Jahns had the most veteran Falcons beat-writer on their podcast, he mentioned he'd be very surprised if they went QB in the draft. The Falcons owner is apparently overly-obsessed with Matt Ryan and thinks he's close to being back to an MVP level.
28-3 collapse was 5 YEARS ago now. he's going into 14th season there! he hasn't been good in 3 years. i'd be going bonkers if i was an ATL fan lol. as QBs are putting up 50 TDs like it's nothing now, he has 52 TDs and 25 INTs in last 2 seasons combined. they haven't been to playoffs since 2017!

i mean thank god they're so dumb. but wow i'd be livid if a fan of that franchise and just sinking with the Matt Ryan ship as he decays and get reminded of biggest collapse in SB history every year looking at him.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
I respect your opinion but I take burrows 1st overall. I think he will be better than fields. Let see. I hope I am wrong because it will be better for the bears :)
and of course i respect that too. i hope both are good. Burrow concerns me for some reason, i just think Cincy is a terrible place for him. same with Wilson going to NYJ.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I can totally understand them passing on a QB. Matt Ryan is a good QB, and looking at how QBs are playing later and alater into their careers, they've got at least another 3 good years to go from him. Not only that but he counts against their cap big time for the next 2 years.

You could ask why any of these teams passed on Justin Fields. Like with Watson it doesn't make a lot of sense. Detroit: you're telling me Jared Goff is the answer when you got 2 first round picks back along with him just so the Rams could dump him? Carolina; you're telling me Darnold is the answer after you got him for peanuts from the Jets? Denver: you're telling me Teddy Bridgewater is the answer after he flamed out in Carolina and you got him for a 6th round pick? Philly: you're telling me that Jalen Hurts and his 77 passer rating is the future? New York: you're telling me that Daniel Jones and his stagnation from year 1 to year 2 is the answer?
Yep.........I can't understand why the Lions, Panthers, Broncos would choose retread quarterbacks over Fields though I am glad they did.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields' OC at OSU Kevin Wilson just said on 670 the Score that he agreed that Fields sometimes doesn't process or come off of reads like he should. So that's a real criticism.