Does anyone know why Fields fell?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
i think it'd be really close. Burrows had Jefferson, Chase, Marshall 3 elite WRs i mean Jefferson n Chase are both like pro bowl WRs right now lol.

Burrow had 527 passing attempts in 2019.
Fields had 579 passing attempts in 2019 and 2020 combined.

lol don't get caught up in numbers Burrow put up, they let him throw a million times a game to Pro Bowl WRs, the DBs had zero chance. if OSU went full air raid mode Fields would put up similar numbers, as would other guys.

easy to get caught up in the story, it's like march madness. Jimmer or Morrison look awesome in tourney, then reality hits in pros. i just don't buy Burrows, i think it was lightning in a bottle of elite talent around him and a QB who had plenty of time in pocket and was very accurate. but i didn't see Burrow making a ton of plays on his own. i saw LSU WRs wide open 10 yds behind the defense or catching a 3 yd cross and running past everyone.
I respect your opinion but I take burrows 1st overall. I think he will be better than fields. Let see. I hope I am wrong because it will be better for the bears :)

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
ugh “race”

The word racist is meaningless now, all it means is you disagree with the left or a "poc". A label that should be reserved for the most vile of society has been watered-down and weaponized for political gain

i think its because he has the epilepsy, but hes had it for a long time and it hasnt affected his play thus far
he takes 4 pills a night

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nobody in his family seems that excited that he just became a millionaire. I definately buy into the defense that it is how he was raised and not that he doesn't care.
for over a year his entire family was thinking he was going to be the #1 or at worst #2 pick. DO you realize how much money he just lost?? Almost half of his money! These are the 4 year contracts.

· 1. Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars: $34,746,325
· 2. BYU quarterback Zach Wilson, Jets: $33,204,927
· 3. North Dakota State quarterback Trey Lance, 49ers: $32,224,055

· 11. Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields, Bears: $17,931,978

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
ugh “race”

The word racist is meaningless now, all it means is you disagree with the left or a "poc". A label that should be reserved for the most vile of society has been watered-down and weaponized for political gain

i think its because he has the epilepsy, but hes had it for a long time and it hasnt affected his play thus far
he takes 4 pills a night

Not going to get into a whole thing but...there are 7 black billionaires out of 612 in the United States. There have only been 11 black senators in the history of the United States.

So, either black people are inherently worse at making money and being senators or racism is very real. And, obviously, if you believe the first conclusion, you're a racist. So in summation, you have no idea what you are talking about.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
FWIW, Fields had Olave and Wilson who will be top 20 picks next year, as well as Ruckert, the no.1 tight end in next years class. Not to mention the most talented underclass receivers in the country.

What he didnt have was a good offensive line. OSU also missed over 300 practices due to COVID, and Ryan Day admitted that to even be considered for playoff contention, they would have to blowout their competition, which led to them playing reckless offense.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
hcx1xl0n50x61.jpg

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Suspect in that Georgia made a stupid decision so he left so he could play?

I looked into it too out of curiosity; allegedly he also left, because a UGA baseball player tossed a racial slur his way. It apparently was a reason as to why he was able to immediately transfer and not lose a year of eligibility, if you believe the reporting.

He's refrained from commenting about it in most articles from the time....

Who gives a shit about Fromm in 2021, Fields is clearly a superior player and most likely will have a more illustrious pro career. College coaching decisions often leave one scratching their heads, sticking with Marquise over Mitch comes to mind... aw, dang.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
ugh “race”

he takes 4 pills a night

Your sign probably makes you a popular person on your block. Jeez, man I'm embarrassed for your family.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lawrence looked like hot ass against LSU in his last Championship game. Didn’t he complete like less than half his passes and throw for 0 TDS? Some of his throws that game, got me to pump the brakes on Lawrence. There was a lot of bad there.

Lawrence played much better against the Buckeyes in the Sugar Bowl, but not near the level Fields was playing at.

Lawrence accumulated yards through screen passes at a rate higher than all college QB’s. Fields accumulated yardage through screen passes at a rate lower than 79% of all college QB’s.

8-CAEF7-EC-C4-A1-4400-AB6-C-2-F4-E4-FA763-EA.png

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
something to this for sure, Fields does not come off as a great conversationalist/interview. fine with me, let play do talking.

how anyone has Wilson or Lance ahead of Fields as a NFL QB prospect is purposely choosing the bigger longshot and more unknown option. zero chance they can show any evidence they will be better. who have Wilson or Lance played against? what was their biggest moment?

Wilson's hardest defense he played was probably Utah in 2019, where he went 21-33 0 tds 2 ints.
Wilson didn't even play a top 50 defense in 2020 lol. so ok good stats for 2020 but how does that look when NFL talent is coming at you and scheming against you.

Lance same story played nobody and even less experience and worse competition. i like his potential better than Wilson, but he is a shot in the dark honestly. how do you have any clue how he reacts to seeing NFL level athletes and coverages.

Fields played vs NFL talent more than any of other QBs, more games, and showed out in the biggest games. Mac Jones ok sure he played in big games, but come on nobody thought he was carrying their offense. they had ball off and run over everyone and nation's best WRs out there. Ohio St had talent sure, but nothing like Bama and they didn't rely on Jones like OSU relied on Fields to make plays.

physical size, arm strength, mobility with legs, speed, injury risk.......Fields is top of all these QBs in most those categories.

i think we reversed history, we got the Watson/Mahomes type guy and SF/NYJ will be maybe looking back like how the hell did we mess this up.
I agree. It seems to me like the Bears got the Deshaun Watson of this draft.

Everyone’s acting like the top 5 guys are all sure things, and sure, anything’s possible on either extreme—but man, Zach Wilson and Trey Lance seem to have a high potential to bust.

People knock Fields for the Northwestern game, while ignoring that Lance has played next to nobody in his career. People ogle the Zach Wilson pro day throw, while ignoring that Fields did the exact same throw in the middle of a College Football Playoff game.

Nothing is certain in the NFL, but man oh man, Fields seems like the surest quarterback in this draft.

As Bears fans, we should all feel extremely excited for the future. Feels good.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s simple, Fields is a vegan. He’ll have spent all of his interviews with teams telling them that instead of talking football, it’s what vegans do

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Day also went through some examples where Fields went through 3,4,5 reads. I realize he's his college coach and will probably be his biggest advocate, but after watching more tape on Fields, I'm not concerned about this idea that he can't process his reads.

It's true that he holds the ball for a while and that his thought process will need to speed up to NFL levels, but that's true of any college QBs going to the pros. I'm not any more concerned than I would be for any other good college quarterback going to the NFL.
All I know is that when Haskins was declaring for the draft, Ryan Day said he wasn't ready and needed to come back to Ohio State. When Fields declared, Ryan Day said Fields was ready and was probably the best QB he had come across.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When I see Fields, he reminds me of Russell Wilson with his deep ball. The man is accurate down the field and he loves to sling it. I think Nagy will have him throwing all over the field to all those speedy pass catchers. Mooney might have himself a career year.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree. It seems to me like the Bears got the Deshaun Watson of this draft.

Everyone’s acting like the top 5 guys are all sure things, and sure, anything’s possible on either extreme—but man, Zach Wilson and Trey Lance seem to have a high potential to bust.

People knock Fields for the Northwestern game, while ignoring that Lance has played next to nobody in his career. People ogle the Zach Wilson pro day throw, while ignoring that Fields did the exact same throw in the middle of a College Football Playoff game.

Nothing is certain in the NFL, but man oh man, Fields seems like the surest quarterback in this draft.

As Bears fans, we should all feel extremely excited for the future. Feels good.
That's how i feel about it. I could understand Lawrence being taken ahead of him but i still cant fathom the other two guys. Whatever it is that made him fall, i dont care. He fell. Bears grabbed him. I love our QB for the first time. Complete package and with a chip on his shoulder. I can't wait to watch him play in a Bears uni.

mecha

Liked Posts:
That's how i feel about it. I could understand Lawrence being taken ahead of him but i still cant fathom the other two guys. Whatever it is that made him fall, i dont care. He fell. Bears grabbed him. I love our QB for the first time. Complete package and with a chip on his shoulder. I can't wait to watch him play in a Bears uni.
see this, everyone? it doesn't matter why he fell. the Bears got him.

this thread will continue for 10 more pages though.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
Fields fell for one simple reason, all of the teams after the 49ers simply were not looking for a QB. The Broncos could have taken him but were in the middle of the "We are getting Aaron Rodgers" fiasco.
Teams always want to avoid a QB controversy and making their starter doubt their allegiance to him. Carolina has Darnold now, thats their guy. It's not that teams didn't want Fields, we were just lucky with the situation the teams were in that drafted up until spot 11.
We need to be thanking Aaron Rodgers for leaking that he wants out of GB (FTP) the day of the draft and making Denver think they were getting him. (Hopefully they still do) and we also need to thank the Cowboys and Eagles for making a trade allowing the Eagles to take the guy the Giants wanted, which in turn led to them trading down with us.
Bear Down!
i really can't believe Atlanta was just like "yep we're good here with Matt Ryan" with Fields sitting there available to them. Matt Ryan has maybbeeee a couple decent seasons left in him? and they've been very average with him last couple seasons. he's also had Julio Jones for most his career. i mean i get the appeal of Pitts they see another Tony Gonzalez or even better, but bigger issue for them is moving on from Ryan there's no plan and they're in perfect spot this year to grab the QB of future. i just don't get it if i'm an Atlanta fan.

glad i'm a Bears fan lol.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
i really can't believe Atlanta was just like "yep we're good here with Matt Ryan" with Fields sitting there available to them. Matt Ryan has maybbeeee a couple decent seasons left in him? and they've been very average with him last couple seasons. he's also had Julio Jones for most his career. i mean i get the appeal of Pitts they see another Tony Gonzalez or even better, but bigger issue for them is moving on from Ryan there's no plan and they're in perfect spot this year to grab the QB of future. i just don't get it if i'm an Atlanta fan.

glad i'm a Bears fan lol.
I don't pretend to be a Falcons insider or anything, but I know when Hoge and Jahns had the most veteran Falcons beat-writer on their podcast, he mentioned he'd be very surprised if they went QB in the draft. The Falcons owner is apparently overly-obsessed with Matt Ryan and thinks he's close to being back to an MVP level.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
ugh “race”

he takes 4 pills a night
pretty sure racist means a lot more than you disagree with the left lol maybe go watch some documentaries on racism and expand your knowledge there buddy

creepy you know exactly how many pills he takes

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I don't pretend to be a Falcons insider or anything, but I know when Hoge and Jahns had the most veteran Falcons beat-writer on their podcast, he mentioned he'd be very surprised if they went QB in the draft. The Falcons owner is apparently overly-obsessed with Matt Ryan and thinks he's close to being back to an MVP level.
I can totally understand them passing on a QB. Matt Ryan is a good QB, and looking at how QBs are playing later and alater into their careers, they've got at least another 3 good years to go from him. Not only that but he counts against their cap big time for the next 2 years.

You could ask why any of these teams passed on Justin Fields. Like with Watson it doesn't make a lot of sense. Detroit: you're telling me Jared Goff is the answer when you got 2 first round picks back along with him just so the Rams could dump him? Carolina; you're telling me Darnold is the answer after you got him for peanuts from the Jets? Denver: you're telling me Teddy Bridgewater is the answer after he flamed out in Carolina and you got him for a 6th round pick? Philly: you're telling me that Jalen Hurts and his 77 passer rating is the future? New York: you're telling me that Daniel Jones and his stagnation from year 1 to year 2 is the answer?