Does anyone think VDN will learn from this?

Poohdini fan#1

Liked Posts:
How many more times do you think we will be complaining about timeouts. Call me crazy but maybe VDN learns from this game. He can't do the same thing 3 consecutive games can he?

BostonSteve

Liked Posts:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he used the last TO with less than 24 seconds to go, that should have been enough right? We should have run down the clock, but unfortunately had to take a shot early, since it was a good look. Maybe I'm just not as critical as you guys, but it seemed like every time I looked at the scoreboard the Celtics had fewer TO left than the Bulls. I only remember looking twice though.

Poohdini fan#1

Liked Posts:
BostonSteve wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he used the last TO with less than 24 seconds to go, that should have been enough right? We should have run down the clock, but unfortunately had to take a shot early, since it was a good look. Maybe I'm just not as critical as you guys, but it seemed like every time I looked at the scoreboard the Celtics had fewer TO left than the Bulls. I only remember looking twice though.

It's not really about his last timeout. It's just that fact that he can never seem to save one til the very end

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
The bulls could have won the first game without even going into OT if they had a timeout left after Pierce missed that free throw, and we could have tied the game and send it into OT yesterday in game 2 if we had a timeout after Ray made that shot, in which Noah should have freaking jumped Higher and straight up, jesus Noah.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
The first game was bad, but not this one. With the Celtics getting the ball back with 12 seconds left, you expect them to take the last second shot. The problem wasn't us not having a timeout, it was us not getting the stop.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
I'm in the minority here but I don't think Vinny is as bad as some make him to be and like to look at the positives. He has this team clearly playing hard and the biggest key CONFIDENT. He will make mistakes time to time but that's IMO has learned from them.

I think he'll learn from it and we'll see on Thursday. He's a young coach and hasn't been there before so he'll call a timeout quicker than later based on that. The more games he coaches and especially in the playoffs the better he'll be

Just be patient

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
Ralphb07 wrote:
I'm in the minority here but I don't think Vinny is as bad as some make him to be and like to look at the positives. He has this team clearly playing hard and the biggest key CONFIDENT. He will make mistakes time to time but that's IMO has learned from them.

I think he'll learn from it and we'll see on Thursday. He's a young coach and hasn't been there before so he'll call a timeout quicker than later based on that. The more games he coaches and especially in the playoffs the better he'll be

Just be patient

Good point Ralph......Vinny pisses me off at times too. Sometimes to the point where I wonder wtf Pax was thinking. But when you step back and look at the bigger picture, he has done pretty well for a rookie coach.

He is still making mistakes, but the ones our players are making on the floor are much worse.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
chi_hawks_23 wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:

Just be patient

Good point Ralph......Vinny pisses me off at times too. Sometimes to the point where I wonder wtf Pax was thinking. But when you step back and look at the bigger picture, he has done pretty well for a rookie coach.

He is still making mistakes, but the ones our players are making on the floor are much worse.

That's what I do when looking at Vinny it's the BIG picture and I understand he is a ROOKIE coach.

Think about it the timeout wouldn't even of been a issue if the players could of picked up one of those loose balls

I would say the game was lost more on the loose balls than the timeout we didn't have.

Even if we lose 4-1 it was still a good season and those 5 games would be huge for Vinny going into next season and the playoffs if we were to make it again.