Does LaVine have the lowest basketball IQ than any Bulls “All-Star” in history?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Has to be an easy yes, right? Super suspect decision making, especially in critical moments of the game. When the Bulls need a great possession and a good shot, pretty much guaranteed Zach will take a boneheaded shot. Sometimes it will go in…most of the time it just kills momentum and swings it back to the opposition. It’s a big part of why the Bulls are terrible in close games. You need good shots and decisions in crunch time, and Zach still has not grasped this.

When he does drive it, he’s terrible at layups and will scream at the refs that he got fouled EVERY TIME instead of running back on defense. It’s very easy to understand why (other than last season) he’s never been on a winning team. The Bulls are really going to regret that max deal, especially if that knee gets worse over time.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Someone needs to give me an opposing view of this before I decide anything.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean, based on his current play, Zach isn't even an All Star this year so...no?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
ZL is the worst All Star in Bulls history!!!!!

So he’s the like worst of the bulls top 10 players all time?
what a strange flex by the OP

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In terms of the question, Enasic seems to be talking strictly about IQ, which well, is subjective in nature. I didn't really watch BJ Armstrong play live, so I can't comment on if his IQ was higher or lower than Zach Lavines.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
In terms of the question, Enasic seems to be talking strictly about IQ, which well, is subjective in nature. I didn't really watch BJ Armstrong play live, so I can't comment on if his IQ was higher or lower than Zach Lavines.
The take that ZL has an extremely low basketball IQ is laughable

The fact that one of the OP’s “reasons” is because ZL misses too many layups when driving to the rim tells you this. As that’s not a “low IQ” issue.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
No, I'm pretty sure BJ Armstrong is the worst Bulls All-Star in Bulls history. Even @Enasic should admit that.
Yeah I think LaVine is better. The question is specific to basketball IQ though, not who is better or worse. If Armstrong had LaVine’s IQ, he probably never would have seen the court. Especially playing with MJ. Armstrong was a smart player.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, I'm pretty sure BJ Armstrong is the worst Bulls All-Star in Bulls history. Even @Enasic should admit that.
Statistically this is true. The list of Bulls All Stars is pretty short considering how many years they've been around.

Lavine
Derozan
Noah
Rose
Deng
Butler
Gasol
Jordan
Pippen
Grant
Armstrong
Theus
Gilmore
Van Lier
Walker
Love
Bob Boozer
Sloan
Rodgers

I can't speak to the IQ of half of these players as they played before I was alive.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Statistically this is true. The list of Bulls All Stars is pretty short considering how many years they've been around.

Lavine
Derozan
Noah
Rose
Deng
Butler
Gasol
Jordan
Pippen
Grant
Armstrong
Theus
Gilmore
Van Lier
Walker
Love
Bob Boozer
Sloan
Rodgers

I can't speak to the IQ of half of these players as they played before I was alive.
Yeah, I can’t either. Can’t really comment on anyone pre-91

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think we can all agree Bob Boozer was the GOAT.

czman

Liked Posts:
I mean Derozan is very similar. For me it is a coin flip between those two.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Has to be an easy yes, right? Super suspect decision making, especially in critical moments of the game. When the Bulls need a great possession and a good shot, pretty much guaranteed Zach will take a boneheaded shot. Sometimes it will go in…most of the time it just kills momentum and swings it back to the opposition. It’s a big part of why the Bulls are terrible in close games. You need good shots and decisions in crunch time, and Zach still has not grasped this.

When he does drive it, he’s terrible at layups and will scream at the refs that he got fouled EVERY TIME instead of running back on defense. It’s very easy to understand why (other than last season) he’s never been on a winning team. The Bulls are really going to regret that max deal, especially if that knee gets worse over time.

Zach should either give the Bulls back the 220 million dollars he robbed the orginization for , or at least donate it to charity. I cant stand watching his ridiculous decision making process and panic shot selections. And at times when he goes to the basket its cringe worthy. .........And his offense somtimes seems meaningless when he doesnt do jackcrap on the other end of the floor with lack of hussle......... There is no urgency to take command or lead when the team as a whole struggles. His lack of floor communication is also quite disturbing.........
He is NOT a max player or even remotely an allstar reserve. He is definatley NOT a leader in any sense of the word "leader"....
Welp, obviously his big payday has gotten to his head and doesnt give two shitz about winning basketball games. He seems to only be worried about the game getting over so he can get home and jump in his money bin like Uncle Scrooge...Someone tell him this is the NBA. Not Duck Tales.
Trade him today please...............The duck sucks.

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont know but the only Bull I know who had the worst of the worst was Omar Asik and trying to catch a ball. The guy had hands of stone and confirmed if you big. You can make the NBA.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
At least , BJ Armstring hustled everynite, played smart, solid shooting (good shot selection CONSISTENTLY) and made a real effort hustling on defense(somthing Zach does not)...I remember Zachs infamous words "i dont get payed to play defense"....
BJ Armstrongs basketball IQ dwarfed Zachs.
Ill take 1993-94 BJ Armstrong over 2022-23 Zach anyday. ?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
At least , BJ Armstring hustled everynite, played smart, solid shooting (good shot selection CONSISTENTLY) and made a real effort hustling on defense(somthing Zach does not)...I remember Zachs infamous words "i dont get payed to play defense"....
Effort does not equal IQ.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

It’s extremely difficult to play in Chicago if you’re not someone who will lock down defensively and play the game the right way (high IQ/hustle every play). Zach really is just a shot maker with very little else to lean on and this season he’s not scoring as efficiently as he has throughout his career. So those bad shots he’s always taken are more magnified because he’s missing more of them and not adjusting.

I’m hoping AK finds a way to trade him and get out from under that contract, but I don’t think he’s going to go that route. Let’s just hope that knee doesn’t get any worse and he doesn’t lose any more athleticism and more of that quick first step than he already has lost. AK is getting a terrible return on his investment with his starting backcourt

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not surprised it’s always somebody else’s fault. Jerry going shit his depends if has to eat Donovan contract. Does lavine got enough pull to get a hc change? I’m not going to cape for bd that’s for sure but I’m not bending to any demands by lavine lol