Does Miami always beat us?

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a good friend that grew up near Miami and is a Dolphin fan. I asked him what he thought about this weeks game and he said he isn't worried because Miami always finds a way to beat the Bears. He went on to mention the 06 and 85 games. Yes, out of the 12 games we have played all time vs Miami we lost to them both years we went to the Superbowl.
All time we are 4-8 vs Miami.
Thoughts?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have a good friend that grew up near Miami and is a Dolphin fan. I asked him what he thought about this weeks game and he said he isn't worried because Miami always finds a way to beat the Bears. He went on to mention the 06 and 85 games. Yes, out of the 12 games we have played all time vs Miami we lost to them both years we went to the Superbowl.
All time we are 4-8 vs Miami.
Thoughts?

With that logic we should be hoping we lose Sunday!!!

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree its superstitious bullshit.
By the way, the Bears have never loss to the Brooklyn Dodgers, Cincinnati Reds. Cleveland Indians or Detroit Tigers. We are, however, 2-1 vs the New York Yankees.
Yes, we have played all of those teams...

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, teams/outcomes from years ago have no bearing on what the outcome of Sunday's game will be.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not always, but they do have an advantage.

Heat index says gonna feel hotter than 100 degrees on field on sunday. crazy for mid october.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Considering it snowed in Peoria, IL today, that is crazy.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was why we kicked the crap out of the Tampa Bay Bucs. We historically beat the crap out of the Bucs.

We had better not sleep on Miami. They still lead the league in turnovers and are at home. They aren't a great team but they are opportunistic and if we play sloppy we can lose this game. Statistically we should dominate this team but statistics don't win football games.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Fuck the Dolphins.

Spent my honeymoon in Chicago and had some insane tickets vs the Dolphins 4 years ago. Was an AWFUL game but at least I had Portillos that day.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
All time we may be 4-8, but we are 3-1 at Miami after 1985. A win in 1994, a win in 1997, a loss in 2002, and a win in 2010. None of that matters. All it shows is a team from Chicago can win in Miami- they have no significant home field advantage.

Also, we're wearing our orange jerseys. This means Mitch is going to throw 3 TDs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not always, but they do have an advantage.

Heat index says gonna feel hotter than 100 degrees on field on sunday. crazy for mid october.

I agree maybe sometimes they do, but from an athletic stand point, I don't think the Bears players have been in the cold enough yet to deeply stiffen up and be slow showing up. We were just loose 2 weeks ago. Its fine.

Gonna whoop the shit out of them cuz Tannehill and they can't stop the run.

richb688

Liked Posts:
I remember the Bears were 0-6 or 0-7 under wanny and they won the first game of the season in Miami----------it might have even been on Monday Night Football lol