Does Nagy believe actually believe his BS

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Nagy is a head coach and face of the franchise. So, he always needs to put a positive spin on things. I get it.

But then today happened. He described Jason Peters as having a lot of football left in him. I think it's a safe bet, so say Nagy has not seen Peters perform in full pads in 9 months. And the offensive tackle's performance back then was atrocious.

I'm becoming convinced that Nagy believes a lot of his players are far far better than what your eyes can see. It's why we see crazy shit like Bradley Sowell at TE. Or Cordarelle Patterson as backup RB. Or a play that requires the offensive line to hold their blocks for 3 seconds.

I think he has permanent beer goggles.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Look for Peters to not practice because of back tightness.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Wow man he really crossed the line with that one I just absolutely can't believe Nagy has the audacity to think a newly signed player has football left in him.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Wow man he really crossed the line with that one I just absolutely can't believe Nagy has the audacity to think a newly signed player has football left in him.

Read the original post. The question isn't what he said, ergo no "line to be crossed". The question is whether he actually believes what he is saying. For the most part.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Read the original post. The question isn't what he said, ergo no "line to be crossed". The question is whether he actually believes what he is saying. For the most part.

You don't think this was just "coach speak"? What else is he going to say?

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
You don't think this was just "coach speak"? What else is he going to say?

It could be "coach speak" and he just isn't very good at it. Specifically, he should express guarded optimism in this instance instead of excitement. Thing is, I really think he's excited about seeing what Peters can do on the field. And I guess what confuses me is that I am completely the opposite. I dread seeing what Peters can do on the field. No disrespect to his 9 probowl appearances and his future induction into the HOF.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Nagy is a head coach and face of the franchise. So, he always needs to put a positive spin on things. I get it.

But then today happened. He described Jason Peters as having a lot of football left in him. I think it's a safe bet, so say Nagy has not seen Peters perform in full pads in 9 months. And the offensive tackle's performance back then was atrocious.

I'm becoming convinced that Nagy believes a lot of his players are far far better than what your eyes can see. It's why we see crazy shit like Bradley Sowell at TE. Or Cordarelle Patterson as backup RB. Or a play that requires the offensive line to hold their blocks for 3 seconds.

I think he has permanent beer goggles.

Patterson was doing this in NE and it was working so it's not like Nagy came up with this.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
It could be "coach speak" and he just isn't very good at it. Specifically, he should express guarded optimism in this instance instead of excitement. Thing is, I really think he's excited about seeing what Peters can do on the field. And I guess what confuses me is that I am completely the opposite. I dread seeing what Peters can do on the field. No disrespect to his 9 probowl appearances and his future induction into the HOF.

Why? I will never understand why anyone cares what coaches say. It's completely meaningless. I don't even know why anyone interviews coaches. Part of their job is to not tell anyone anything.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Why? I will never understand why anyone cares what coaches say. It's completely meaningless. I don't even know why anyone interviews coaches. Part of their job is to not tell anyone anything.

That's actually a good point.

But , the question is does he believe his BS. I guess what you are saying is, no, he doesn't believe it He's just at the podium BSing us so he can move on to more important things. I hope so.

Last edited:

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
all this dick ripping is going to be hilarious if he plays to even half of his ability

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No but he 100% believes this fanbase is as dumb as CCS has proven it to be.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Of course he believes it all his comments are backed by conviction