Does Santos get a free pass due to weather?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Missing two extra points, even with the "towel" incident?

I did not see any news about kickers coming in for a tryout, so I assume he has been given a pass.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It's completely dependent on what happens next.

If Santos goes out and has another solid year from here on out, no one's going to give a shit about a couple of missed PATs in a win.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If he shits the bed vs. Green Bay he could be in hot water but he should get a slight pass.
There was no "news" during TC about his kicking unlike 2019 competition, so I assumed that things were good.

Fair or not, I too think he will have some eyes on him.

On a side note there were a lot of missed kicks across the league this weekend, and most of them were not playing in a monson....

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Great third baseman, but I think he passed away?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Missing two extra points, even with the "towel" incident?

I did not see any news about kickers coming in for a tryout, so I assume he has been given a pass.
He shouldn't. He also missed in pre-season.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don’t remember how did Gould do during that ridiculous windy game back in the day which I believe was also against the 49ers?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course he gets a pass!

Jack Sparrow wouldn’t even be able to navigate that monsoon.
I promise you I'm not trying to be a jerk, but Robbie Gould seemed to have no problems in the same conditions.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Yes and No - I dont think you worry about his kicking as a whole but you do make a mental note that hes perhaps not a strong bad weather kicker. Robert Schmitz had a good breakdown of the All 22 film of his 2 misses, what ended up happening was the first miss got blown wide right by strong winds, Santos tried adjusting his kick to aim left on the 2nd miss and the wind didnt touch it. Between the ground water, the rain, and the wind hes not going to experience conditions like that often, but if the Bears are relying on him to make an important kick in poor weather they maybe think twice about how close he needs to be to reliably make it.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some players don't have to perform because of the rain, others do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mecha

Liked Posts:
he had a streak last year of not missing once and then Nagy made him go for like a 63 yard attempt and he missed and he was never the same since.

also after the other array of scrubs the Bears paraded out after Gould was jettisoned, fairly in my observation cause he seemed done a decade ago, I'm all in on Santos still.

also I missed that bogus penalty with the towel, what was that even about?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
he had a streak last year of not missing once and then Nagy made him go for like a 63 yard attempt and he missed and he was never the same since.

also after the other array of scrubs the Bears paraded out after Gould was jettisoned, fairly in my observation cause he seemed done a decade ago, I'm all in on Santos still.

also I missed that bogus penalty with the towel, what was that even about?
The place holder used a towel to wipe the area where the ball was gonna go and one of the refs knew it was some archaic rule and called it. Even the anouncers were like "dafuq"

mecha

Liked Posts:
The place holder used a towel to wipe the area where the ball was gonna go and one of the refs knew it was some archaic rule and called it. Even the anouncers were like "dafuq"
do you know how many penalties the 49ers had committed by that point? this was something we've discussed here for years and I believed in very much that the ZEBRAS have to make attempts to be "fair and balanced" like FOX News with their calls.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
do you know how many penalties the 49ers had committed by that point? this was something we've discussed here for years and I believed in very much that the ZEBRAS have to make attempts to be "fair and balanced" like FOX News with their calls.
I don't remember how many they had at that point.