Does Trey Lance fit Nagy's system?

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Hopefully Nagy has learned his lesson and will cater his scheme to your QBs abilities.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They can get Tua if they want....he isn’t the answer either

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He seems like a Trubisky clone with his running abilities it doesn't seem to fit Nagy's scheme.

Recent history has not been kind to the 1-year-wonder surge guys. It has not been ideal for the picks of guys like Mitch Trubisky, Blake Bortles, Dwayne Haskins, DeShone Kizer, Paxton Lynch, etc.
To be fair, he runs more like a Lamar Jackson than a scared bitch.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Who fits Nagy's system?

What is his system? It's not what Reid runs in KC.
Nagy's system is his last play book from the Arena League. Any Arena League QB's available?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Who cares if he fits Nagy's system? Nagy's system is only going to be here 1 more year anyway. Lance can really play though. Also, you left off the most recent 2 one-season, big surge QBs......Joe Burrow and Kyler Murray, who both look pretty good.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lance has every skill in the book. He could fit any system.

Can you develop him to fit what you need.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
What is the Nagy system; abandon the run way too early, stop doing things that work like I formation or play-action, substitute way too many personnel groupings, remove Montgomery when he has a hot hand, throw another bubble screen that goes for a loss because the players are poorly coached.

greg23

Liked Posts:
His system requires a qb who has soft hands to toss/catch an egg during a culture club meeting or spin some tunes in the post game celebration.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Lance doesn't fit. Nagy's system prefers a highly accurate pocket passer that can quickly read a defense.
It puts a ton of pressure on the QB to read a defense and make a highly accurate throw, and becomes so much more difficult if the pass rush is getting to you. Nagy probably runs one of the most unfriendly QB schemes in the NFL.

One of Trubisky best traits was mobility and Nagy never used it. He just wants to shotgun snap it and throw it 70% of the time. That works well if you have a great line, great receivers and a great QB.. but so does just about every system if you have those things.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I’ll reserve judgment until his QB Wonderlic test and “be you” aptitude exam test scores. I think Lance can be the guy though.

coolio

Liked Posts:
The bears would probably have to jump the panthers to get him

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
He seems like a Trubisky clone with his running abilities it doesn't seem to fit Nagy's scheme.

Recent history has not been kind to the 1-year-wonder surge guys. It has not been ideal for the picks of guys like Mitch Trubisky, Blake Bortles, Dwayne Haskins, DeShone Kizer, Paxton Lynch, etc.
Nagy doesn’t have a system.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Does Trey Lance fit Nagy's system?

Nagy doesn’t have a system.

And that's the bottom line. nagy's got no offensive philosophy. He just makes up stuff as the game goes on. And I've said this b4 ....he runs to much from the shotgun vs under center. After awhile defenses will shut down shotgun runs for loses.

One minute Nagy wants a "pocket Qb".....the next minute he wants a Qb who can run a spread ops system. It makes mo sense. And that's why we end up with a low scoring offense. Lance needs a offense that spreads the field and forces the D to defend the whole field.